NEW Steam update...

my updates at 80% i think i'll beat you all

81%

[edit]

87%

89!!!

Originally posted by xm0nkey
Ok, heres something a little interesting...I have never seen the Nexon content servers full (I don't even think they were full when 1.6/Steam had just came out). Anyone else a little curious to know just exactly those 4 servers are for? You'd think they would be using them for something, but they haven't yet ...

I think I know where your goin with this one. It very well could be reserved for HL2 but I doubt they'de even put them on the list if they werent going to be used.

The Platform update is all done, was that it?

EDIT: Hey, my icons arent dim anymore :D

Originally posted by Xtasy0
my updates at 80% i think i'll beat you all

81%

[edit]

87%

89!!!

geez I'm sad... its 3am over here and I'm hanging on just to see if hl2 can be downloaded :dork:

That was the quickest update to date. Very impressive. I think i might like steam now...

Originally posted by illspirit44
67 percent.. i really hope to see a new hl2 video hopefully lol

I thought I remember them saying that they weren't going to release the last three videos. Maybe I heard wrong.

Originally posted by Nippy_Kangaroo
geez I'm sad... its 3am over here and I'm hanging on just to see if hl2 can be downloaded :dork:

well, HL 2 WONT be downloadable now, but this update is probably more technical/software issues corrected, etc. etc.

hey u never know.. if hl2 videos can be hacked from steam.. maybe the full game can be too. mwahaaha

Originally posted by Goombatommy
well, HL 2 WONT be downloadable now, but this update is probably more technical/software issues corrected, etc. etc.

*walks slowly to bed and collapses with exhaustion*

hey u never know.. if hl2 videos can be hacked from steam.. maybe the full game can be too. mwahaaha

the only videos "hacked" from the cache were unencrypted videos, the next videos which they encrypted did not get "hacked" from the cache.

If your update is going slow then just cancel it and go back into it. I did it and it took about 10 seconds to finish.

Originally posted by Phlek
If your update is going slow then just cancle it and go back into it. I did it and it took about 10 seconds to finish.

Yes, same here.

anything is possible my friend :)

ANYTHING.. ONCE THE GAME IS SENT out through steam next week.. i guarantee some crazy fool is gonna stay up long hours trying to hack the game.. it is possible for the game to leak next week.. and thats what i think will happen..

anything is possible my friend :)

ANYTHING.. ONCE THE GAME IS SENT out through steam next week.. i guarantee some crazy fool is gonna stay up long hours trying to hack the game.. it is possible for the game to leak next week.. and thats what i think will happen..

I for one, will BUY the damn game. Valve's been working on it for us for 5 years, and some RETARD(s) wants to play it early (by hacking it).

Some people. :devil:

Now a 35 percent...no "cannot connect to any--" errors yet..thank god. I would be not very happy If I had to reinstall the whole thing again..

I've noticed one change straight away.

Steam starts up quicker than it did before. This is good.

Originally posted by xm0nkey
Ok, heres something a little interesting...I have never seen the Nexon content servers full (I don't even think they were full when 1.6/Steam had just came out). Anyone else a little curious to know just exactly those 4 servers are for? You'd think they would be using them for something, but they haven't yet ...

Nexon servers are in Korea. There are fewer Koreans than Americans downloading from Steam right now, so thats why their servers are always relatively empty.

Bah, I was at 50%, went to the toilet, got a snack, came back to find another damn connection error without knowing whether the update finished or not. I used to like steam, but I haven't been able to connect for well over a day now.

28% for the past minute or so. Keeping two fingers crossed on three fingers on ctrl+alt+delete.

ZZZZZzzzzzz.......

Originally posted by Feath
I've noticed one change straight away.

Steam starts up quicker than it did before. This is good.

It also quit out perfectly without leaving the steam process running for me... looking good.

Originally posted by BloodyL
It also quit out perfectly without leaving the steam process running for me... looking good.

Yeah, you're right. Normally you had to wait a few minutes before the process stopped but now you don't.

Steam is looking good.

Man I wish I could get my HL or OP4 serial #s, but I lost the cases to both of those games, and trying to get it through the command prompt didn't work. =(

When I get HL2 will i be able to go back and play OP4 and HL1 through Steam even if I don't have serial #s? Or will I still need one of the original serials....

also, you can play games offline now, i killed my net connection and play HL single player and started a cs server adn ran around shootin, seemed to work fine.

Originally posted by Xtasy0
also, you can play games offline now, i killed my net connection and play HL single player and started a cs server adn ran around shootin, seemed to work fine.

Half-Life single player won't start up for me unless I've got a net connexion. Although, one it starts up, I can turn my modem off and it works.

Originally posted by Feath
Half-Life single player won't start up for me unless I've got a net connexion. Although, one it starts up, I can turn my modem off and it works.

weird.

Froze at 67% and 64% grr......
Restarted update for the second time. Steam hates me. And I assure it that the feeling is mutually reciprocal.

Mine just went striaght through and updated in about 1 min. Seems like no big changes. Did seem to load more smoothly though:)

Its still taking 25megs of Ram:p

Yeah I updated at about 5 mins ago and it went perfectly, all over under a minute.

If steam is up to speed then HL2 may indeed be ready.

Originally posted by nw909
I just started updating, I think it froze...

Nah just wait...did nothing for me for about a minute and then finished in less than a minute

Back