new update===> lower fps (9800 pro)

R

rEaCtin6

I just intalled the new update, my fps went from 80-100 to 50-90
im playing with no AA, and AF at trilinear, at 1024, refresh rate=75, all settings high, ATI opengl settings to better perfomance.

winxp sp1
catalist 4.9 (the doom3 one)
my card ATI radeon 9800 pro 128mb (256bit)

my fps went WAY down too. I have Radeon 9600 pro

AARGHH

I used have like 45 - 50
now i get about 26 - 35

It's because they over did the shiny shaders! THEY R TEH PWN UR FPS!
/me runs away going insane

i say take away shinyness the game was before we dont need shinyness!!

Just after the patch went live, I was bombarded with other players complaining about the framerate drop. I'm sure it's not just us.

I hovered between 80-110fps before, and have dropped to 40-70 or so. 9800 pro here as well. I've got no worries though, I'm sure they'll patch in a fix within a few days.

-UnmarkedOne

lol, im constantly asked if i have high fps. the only slowdowns i get are ram loading times and lag, as there are no decent servers for cs:s it seems.

i get 64-70 on 1024, so im not bothered at all. it looks amazing, and im on high detail. no probs for me :E

its probably a one off change, and they'll definitely do something about it if we send bug reports of low fps on the latest update release.

I actually prefered the lesser shader effects (most noticable in the corridor). I hate it when they turn everything in to plastic...farcry looked a right mess indoors.

i have a 9800xt and my fps has dropped about 10/15 fps. it's still playable though. . .

I also perferred more subtle shaders - the hallway looks too glossy now - and like most of you, I also believe the reason for the fps drop is the pumped up shaders. My reasoning is that my VST score has not changed.

Changing opengl settings won't help anything because source runs in D3D

as far as the preformance hit i believe that they enabled a few new features such as HDR?

I havn't played since the new update so i don't know

Well, I have a 9800p and I can now play at 1280/1024 with 4xaf and no aa. This looks good on my lcd cuz I see no jagged edges and the textures are crisppppp

nc17 said:
Changing opengl settings won't help anything because source runs in D3D

as far as the preformance hit i believe that they enabled a few new features such as HDR?

I havn't played since the new update so i don't know

no hdr has been put in.......

The annoying thing is, they really haven't added that many new shaders as well

I have a 9800 pro, I play at 1024x768, maxed settings, 4xaa, 8xaf. I usually get 30-50 fps, though it's lower than before the patch.

I also have this card, but I've not noticed any difference in fps.

I have a 9800XT and I don't see a damn difference framerate wise.

Framerate is rightfully bad when there are like 20 or more people standing around doing jack shit.

Back