New UT2k7 trailer + screens

Loke

Tank
Reaction score
Fileshack
Gamershell
GameTrailers (Thanks eraser)
Gamespot (Thanks satch919)

If you got any other mirrors please post them and I'll edit this post.

928117_20060822_screen001.jpg

928117_20060822_screen002.jpg

As I havent seen the trailer, and I cant be arsed to download it right now, all I'll say is this:

No Enforcers = FTL

As I havent seen the trailer, and I cant be arsed to download it right now, all I'll say is this:

No Enforcers = FTL
I believe the enforcers are back, unless they changed it.

Oh... Oh MY.... his head is so....

... SMOOTH D:

/strokes

Wow @ ss! 12 mins left on wait.

Great trailer, lots of gameplay footage shown. A little dodgy framerate though.

What was that, i couldn't here you over the sound of me shitting myself. Damn it looks like sechs!1

great graphics, stupid game.

UT is in my opinion incredibly cheezy and lame.

well yes, its just that, a deathmatch game. I like the idea of the engine being used for more things, but UT's gameplay is outdated.

I hope I eat my words when those ultra-awesome tripods start walking out, but to tell you the truth it looks like UT2K4 with updated graphics.

well yes, its just that, a deathmatch game. I like the idea of the engine being used for more things, but UT's gameplay is outdated.

I hope I eat my words when those ultra-awesome tripods start walking out, but to tell you the truth it looks like UT2K4 with updated graphics.

I'll give you that the game does the whole "hey, let's just upgrade with better upgrades and new gimmicks!" But dude, Onslaught mode in UT04 was one helluva gimmick.

UT as in Unreal tournament, the first one, is one hell of a fun game. Heh, its outdated gameplay? The gameplay is fun.... thats the only thing that matters. I didnt really like ut 2003, ut 2004 was pretty cool. This game looks to be the same let down as ut 2003 and 2004 for me though. I liked the original game because it was very mmm... gritty? I don't like the future feal in the latest two, with your big space suits and egyption people. In the first one half of the characters didnt even have suits, and they had weapons like the saw gun thingy and the sniper rifle, just random and cool weapons. Now its all like lasers and what not, I dont know, I just wish they would go back to the old feal of the game.

Looks pretty cool. Don't see a whole lot that the previous UTs didn't have, but that's not neccesarily a bad thing. Tripods look like mini versions of those in Speilberg's War of the Worlds.

Edit - Agree with previous poster, the first UT is still my fav, they nailed the gritty thing. The last couple weren't bad, but I didn't care for the graphical update, and Onslaught wasn't really my thing... too many games trying to be Battlefield.

No its not. Most of the modes in Ut 2004 were very fun and a lot more then deathmatch.

UT was perfect cause it nailed all the game modes. Deathmatch, team deathmatch, capture the flag and domination were all awesome. 2k3 and 4 seemed a bit scattered to me... and I really don't like the vehicles in 4.

But hey, this one's looking like it could be an improvement anyway. Just gotta hope it'll run decently.

Oh, and one thing that puzzles me. What's the deal with naming them after the year they're released like you would a sports title, when the game itself is set in the future? It's like they're just naming the engine (wouldn't be so far from the truth).

UT was perfect cause it nailed all the game modes. Deathmatch, team deathmatch, capture the flag and domination were all awesome. 2k3 and 4 seemed a bit scattered to me... and I really don't like the vehicles in 4.

But hey, this one's looking like it could be an improvement anyway. Just gotta hope it'll run decently.

Oh, and one thing that puzzles me. What's the deal with naming them after the year they're released like you would a sports title, when the game itself is set in the future? It's like they're just naming the engine (wouldn't be so far from the truth).

Unreal Tournament >.>
Technically it's a blood sport, UT's pretty much always been a gladiator-esque game.
I think that's why it puts the year in the title.

Added to Christmas list ;)

to all the people whining about the gameplay, let me just remind you the game is called Unreal Tournament, not Unreal. UT has never claimed itself to be anything but a multiplayer frag fest, and its the best damn frag fest (imo) on the market. If you don't like simple multiplayer games, don't buy it.

to all the people whining about the gameplay, let me just remind you the game is called Unreal Tournament, not Unreal. UT has never claimed itself to be anything but a multiplayer frag fest, and its the best damn frag fest (imo) on the market. If you don't like simple multiplayer games, don't buy it.
Hear, hear. You can't play this game expecting a compelling single player experience or anything like that. This game does one thing; fragging, and it does it spectacularly well.

looks really lovely but i dont have too much experience with ut, the mods for 2004 looked pretty sweet though...

I don't really care for the UT series but this one looks pretty cool and the new gameplay scenarios that they're promising sound interesting. I'll definitely be trying it out. Plus it has those awesome looking tripods!

I believe the enforcers are back, unless they changed it.

If thats true, I'm buying this. The only way to make it better would be the oldschool stripped down commando look of the characters from the original UT. The frankly silly look of the '03 and '04 characters made me not buy the game.

If thats true, I'm buying this. The only way to make it better would be the oldschool stripped down commando look of the characters from the original UT. The frankly silly look of the '03 and '04 characters made me not buy the game.
Watch the trailer, they're definitely shown. Flak balls still have a smiley, too.

Back