New weapons

marty905

Reaction score
take a look at these new weapons that r on the HUD..the 1st on is the MP7, the 2nd is a shotgun, i dunno about the 3rd and the 4th one is a crossbow.

The third is maybe that disabler? gun that Gordon used towards the end of the roller ball fight. It seemed to mess those combine guys up in the same way as the Striders Ray gun did at the courtyard battle, albeit didn't have the red glow.

edit: Just checked the footage, it is that weapon (see it in the console when he selects it).

Kadayi Polokov said:
The third is maybe that disabler gun that Gordon used towards the end of the roller ball fight. It seemed to mess those combine guys up in the same way as the Striders Ray gun did at the courtyard battle, albeit didn't have the red glow.
I concur.
I think I remember there was one part during the rollermines section of the demo where he went over 2 columns of weapon selection... I think I'll go look again to see if there could be anything new.
EDIT: Nevermind, they only select from the third column in the video. Oh well.

Right on Polokov. :)

But where did you get the name "Disabler"?
It is a very cool gun IMO, they turn all ghostly and have no grav. It also seems to bounce around to hit all the enemies, that's awesome. :)

Kadayi Polokov said:
The third is maybe that disabler gun that Gordon used towards the end of the roller ball fight. It seemed to mess those combine guys up in the same way as the Striders Ray gun did at the courtyard battle, albeit didn't have the red glow.

It is the IR gun, yeah, he selects it when fighting the Combine in that shack.

vegeta897 said:
Right on Polokov. :)

But where did you get the name "Disabler"?
It is a very cool gun IMO, they turn all ghostly and have no grav. It also seems to bounce around to hit all the enemies, that's awesome. :)

Heh the word just sprang to mind because they looked pretty ****ed up after Gordon opened a can of whoop ass on them with it. I'll go with abom that it's the IR gun

The strange thing is, the player cycles down to the crossbow (4th weapon, whatever) and selects it, the menu dissappears and the mp7 is drawn.

he might have not selected it he probebly did last used weapon change wen he highlighted the crossbow

MP7
The 2nd gun looks like a MP40...
3rd is shotty
4th is crossbow

Dalamari said:
MP7
3rd is shotty
4th is crossbow

We've established what they are, so why are you saying otherwise?

Dalamari said:
MP7
3rd is shotty
4th is crossbow
Wrongo.
1. MP7
2. Shotgun
3. IR Gun (Is this an official name, or a name the community gave it?)
4. Crossbow
EDIT: BEATEN!

I got a screenshot of the IR (apols about the quality). It does seem to eliminate all enemies nearby by bouncing from one to the other. I wonder how discriminating it is with who it hits exactly?

Kadayi Polokov said:
I got a screenshot of the IR (apols about the quality). It does seem to eliminate all enemies nearby by bouncing from one to the other. I wonder how discriminating it is with who it hits exactly?

Well, it certainly seemed to take some health off of Gordon, but I put that more to splash damage than it actually targetting him.

Abom said:
Well, it certainly seemed to take some health off of Gordon, but I put that more to splash damage than it actually targetting him.

yeah I noticed it, cause when the Beam bullet refleced back and Gordon were on the way of the second combine it then touched him slightly thats why he lost some health. :rolling:

i remember that the IR gun use to shoot the grenades that put someone on fire in the E3 2003 tunnels video

marty905 said:
i remember that the IR gun use to shoot the grenades that put someone on fire in the E3 2003 tunnels video

Secondry fire is that ass kicking splash what we are seen in these E3 2004 videos, primary fire is that flare which will put people on the fire.
I am right? If I am not pls correct.

Well this may get difficult to explain for me but i'll try it.

I wounder if anyone has noticed the weapon, one of the resistance fighters carrys in both strider scenes. Then take a look at him when he fires -> looks like the projectiles of the Strider gun (not the IR beam), of the helicopter and like the projectiles fired from the mounted weapon on the swamp boat (did you recognize that the ammo of the swamp boat gun regenerates).
At the very beginning of the strider scenes Gordon knees and talks to a resistance fighter carrieng this gun.
So the profile of this weapon looks exactly like the second hud symbole ( seen in marty905's screenshot) which is the IR gun. Therefore this must be the primary fire of this gun, and not flame granades.

PS: Sorry for grammar and spelling errors, me is not good in english :( :

Lucifer said:
Secondry fire is that ass kicking splash what we are seen in these E3 2004 videos, primary fire is that flare which will put people on the fire.
I am right? If I am not pls correct.

How should anybody know?

moppe said:
How should anybody know?

I ment that info what we are putted together, so did I say those features what we are here putted to one peace. :|

by IR, do you guys mean perhaps incindiary rifle?

Lucifer said:
I ment that info what we are putted together, so did I say those features what we are here putted to one peace. :|

sorry this sentence does not make one bit of sense to me. :cheers:

Investigator said:
Well this may get difficult to explain for me but i'll try it.

I wounder if anyone has noticed the weapon, one of the resistance fighters carrys in both strider scenes. Then take a look at him when he fires -> looks like the projectiles of the Strider gun (not the IR beam), of the helicopter and like the projectiles fired from the mounted weapon on the swamp boat (did you recognize that the ammo of the swamp boat gun regenerates).
At the very beginning of the strider scenes Gordon knees and talks to a resistance fighter carrieng this gun.
So the profile of this weapon looks exactly like the second hud symbole ( seen in marty905's screenshot) which is the IR gun. Therefore this must be the primary fire of this gun, and not flame granades.

PS: Sorry for grammar and spelling errors, me is not good in english :( :

I was wondering about that too, in another thread... odd looking weapon, isn't it?

Yeah in the strider video the resistance seem to have a collection of big ass firepower, the RPG of course, that guy at the beggining looked to be holding the I-Rifle, and theres some around fireing some massive heavy machine gun.

Lobster said:
Yeah in the strider video the resistance seem to have a collection of big ass firepower, the RPG of course, that guy at the beggining looked to be holding the I-Rifle, and theres some around fireing some massive heavy machine gun.

Check the other thread, I took some captures of it.

Brian Damage said:
I was wondering about that too, in another thread... odd looking weapon, isn't it?

Yeah i think its the IR gun. Look at the second weapon in the hud and then at the gun in the vid. :O

You can see him firing this gun and he isnot shooting granades or this IR beam.

update: When you look closely at the gun you will see a shield near the muzzle (end of barrel) which you can also see at the second hud symbol.

Back