Newest HL2 Fan! Thanks Gabe!

X

xojins

I just wanted to show everyone how great the folks over at Valve are.

http://winrad.lunarpages.com/images/CRW_1207.jpg

My buddy sent Gabe an email about 2 months ago asking not to release HL2 around Sept 15 because my wife was expected to go into labor around that time. He also said that it would cause undue problems because I would be glued to the computer and would not be able to help my wife.

Well, we received several replys from various folks at Valve and thanks to Kay Lee (the Valve office manager), she sent us a special gift. It was an embroidered onesee for my son, a note signed by Gabe, and 2 HL2 shirts!!!

Today I had the 1st opportunity to actually put him in his new clothes and take a photo.

I just wanted to let everyone know that Valve is the coolest company (as if ya'll didnt know that).

Thanks to Kay Lee and the office girls for making this happen :)

Attachments

• CRW_1207.jpg
    CRW_1207.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 915
Very cool story. Thanks for the photos!

That's very nice of them :)

Can you show us the T-shirts too?

Thats awesome. Valve is surely great. That took my mind off this whole 6 month thing for a few mins.

Awesome!

Now you can see why HL2 will beat everything else! :)

So this is why it has been delayed...?

Congrats man, what did you name your son ?

Adrien C said:
So this is why it has been delayed...?

Congrats man, what did you name your son ?
Please say gordon please say gordon please say gordon...

Nah seriously, that is real cool, VALVe sure knows how to take care of their fans, you know, without actually releasing the game.

Cuttest Damn babe ever.... Congrats. But did you have to vote TO delay the game?????

:eek: Man that's good stuff, see man Valve is more than just game dev's they are our family .

lol...gordon! my wife would have killed me!!!!!

His name is Aeden Anthony.

I hope VU doesn't sit on HL2 for 6 months, but i can see them holding back for a Christmas release. That just gives me enough time to get settled in with the boy :)

Good luck with your family dude. :)

-Needs something to take his mind off that article.

xojins said:
lol...gordon! my wife would have killed me!!!!!

His name is Aeden Anthony.

I hope VU doesn't sit on HL2 for 6 months, but i can see them holding back for a Christmas release. That just gives me enough time to get settled in with the boy :)
Hmm... well you know people have been named Gordon and lived. ;)

Real cool name by the way. Aeden. Congratulations to you and your wife.

Congratulations man - I feel all warm and fuzzy inside now!

everyone say "AWWWWW" now!!

:D :D

Good to hear a positive story now and again on here thats not completely HL2 related. Get them interested from a young age eh? Taking it to extremes :D congrats

hehe thats awesome man :)
congrats and hope things run smoothly for ya :thumbs:

Valve are a great bunch of pple :)

Sweet! Thx for the shirt pic :)

Ohyeah, congratz on the li'l one!

Very nice! Good to hear something positive on these boards like this :D

The first HeadCrab I get to shoot with be dedicated to Aeden ;)

Well I'll put in my congrats - I'm sure the lad will be very proud of those photos when he grows up!

is gordon an ugly name? I'm not american so I have no idea

that is a freekin CUTE baby man!!! congrats!

i have a newfound respect for valve for doing that :)

congratulations man ... good looking kid you've got there ... :D :cheers: to your new boy

Baby in HL2 t-shirt makes me actually want to have kids at some point in my life.

Too cute! ^_^

OMG!!! That kid looks like a Headcrab!! Hit with a Crowbar, QUICK!

Seroiusly...Congrats. Welcome to Sleepless Nightsville. POP: YOU!!

x

So what happens when the kid grows up and dicovers that his father dressed him in HL2 clothes? ;)

its not that gordon is an ugly name...its just that the wife would never let me name him after a fictional character!

She once mentioned that she thought Luke was a nice name unitl i said "Luke, I am your father!"

Back