nice hitboxes!!

How was that developed?

Its not hard to beleave that as when playing and trying to hit people you know somethings wrong.

But how did they show that to get real hit boxes ?

Finnaly someone shows some proof of whats been happening since the beta. Its very annoying and I hope they fix it but I was playing with someone and they told me that this was a problem since cs 1.3, is this true?

dreten707 said:
you probably have a laggy pc tho

i didnt record it....

that just shows how crap the hitboxes are.
i only played the beta and the hitboxes always lagged behind the player, and no it isnt my pc its the same for everyone!

its just stupid that they didnt fix this b4 they released it!

this is the number 1 bug that screws up gameplay COMPLETLY!!

I think it just might be a laggy computer or server that causes that. I've never had any problems with that.

the allegations you appear to be making have one serious flaw, the cross-hair lights up the name of the player when the actual player is in front of it and seeing it would be using the exact same hit boxes to detect if the cross-hair is focused on the player it is obvious the hit boxes are actually in the correct position.

However perhaps the most interesting thing I found with this video is that the model is not in fact shadowing the player model, it seems to be in fact ahead in time rather than position.

To analyze the alleged effect in this video it would help us all greatly if you could provide the in-game command used.

or, you can see the man is gettings 17 fps, and his comp obviously sucks.... idk bout u guys but i can always take one shot at the head and nail it. if u guys need to lead ur targets...i highly suggest cable...and/or a better comp.

he problably has 17fps because he is recording with FRAPS
his fps dropped from 96 to 17

and this has nothing to do with how shit ur pc or ur connection is!
its how they programmed the game....... and its sucking ***

Wow, thats explains why when i finish turning a corner id get shot from behind!

Share the command please? I want to test it out too.

Neo4e656f said:
the allegations you appear to be making have one serious flaw, the cross-hair lights up the name of the player when the actual player is in front of it and seeing it would be using the exact same hit boxes to detect if the cross-hair is focused on the player it is obvious the hit boxes are actually in the correct position.

However perhaps the most interesting thing I found with this video is that the model is not in fact shadowing the player model, it seems to be in fact ahead in time rather than position.

To analyze the alleged effect in this video it would help us all greatly if you could provide the in-game command used.

Quoted for truth.

well i dont have the exact command but u could problably find it on the offcial forums

but u dont need a command to test it
just go in a server and when somebody is running sideways or just moving shoot behind him..... u will hit him!

there was a other movie somewhere that showed that maybe i can find it

Milo 7 said:
well i dont have the exact command but u could problably find it on the offcial forums

but u dont need a command to test it
just go in a server and when somebody is running sideways or just moving shoot behind him..... u will hit him!

there was a other movie somewhere that showed that maybe i can find it

I don't get why shooting behind him will hit him because in the movie the hitboxes were infront of the player...

I know with the old engine the way they compensated for the hit box lag was drawing the models on the user side in line with the hit boxes. That way accuracy would be intact for anyone using a dial up to a broadband connection.

cmd for hitboxes is:
sv_cheats 1
sv_showhitboxes [client number]

BRODIEMAN2k4 said:
Holy crap, i hope to god that was just lag

thats how great the hitboxes are.....

it happens all the time not just 1 time
and it hasnt to do with ping lag shitty pc etcetc...

it has to do with cs:s

sv_cheats 1
sv_showhitboxes 1
thirdperson 1

Type sv_showhitboxes it says in the console that it uses a lot of bandwidth so should only be used on a listen server!

I have been complaining about this since day one. I even was banned from steampowered.com because I made threads like this and they became flamebait. I think we all at halflife2.net need to make a petition for per pixel hitboxes. It is time to start using this engine for nextgen coding instead of trying to emulate 5 year old code. Maybe a moderator could start one as a sticky to send to VALVe or something?

Well, on all maps my fps is around 50-60 constant and my ping is always below 100 and this still happens to me. So I dont think its just someone computer that causes it

EDIT: Also Chaops, im all for one if you make it. I just cant stand this any longer

Is this post a big whine fest... its looks like it.

CS:S runs fine for me..and host your own game.. run the command and look at the hitboxes then.. they are fine too.

If your on LAN your fine because of netcode. Why dont you guys read an FAQ on how games are written instead of flaming with your ill minded dribble. Any net game where you have over 20 ping will cause client to server lagg, hence dragging hitboxes. Which is once again WHY WE NEED PER POLY HITBOXES.

genocide604 said:
Is this post a big whine fest... its looks like it.

CS:S runs fine for me..and host your own game.. run the command and look at the hitboxes then.. they are fine too.

Thats because you only have <5 ping.

Try it somewhere with 50+ ping.

to be honest CS:S is fun cause of all the new shiny physic's and graphic's element, once your over that, the core gameplay is plainer than a flat chested women.

and it is fairly frustrating for some reason... hit box lag included.

I agree. Not that CS isnt a fun game but people need to get over the fact that you can upgrade. Everyone wants to keep the same 5 year old gameplay without any changes and playing a 5 year old game on new code doesnt change the fact that it's a 5 year old game. There are plenty of new, better hitbox alternatives then the standard ones being used.

The main problem with per-poly hit detection is that it takes up alot of system resources, and causes lag in multiplayer games. This is one of the reasons that Doom3 only has 4-Player Multiplayer.

So how will "per poly hit detection" work, because to me wouldn't it just lag the same as hitboxes?

Back