Niche CS:S Pack 1.0 Release (Best of the best weapons, sounds etc..)

Niche

Hunter
Reaction score
CLICK HERE -- Niche CS:S Pack 1.0

Hello everyone, I recently tried downloading a few popular CS:S packs and was incredibly dissapointed. One consisted of the Fusion Pack (Number 1 downloaded CS Pack), which costed money to get. It was plagued with mediocre gun models, many not even changed at all, terrible quality sounds (low bitrate and some didn't even match the weapons), lame music that played when you joined a game, a terrible hud, no world models, and some horrendous code that made everyone's spray a "COUNTER-STRIKE FUSION" spray.. how lame is that.

ANYWAYS after being so pissed off I was determined to make my own CSS "Pack" that was actually put together with value in mind. Now I have composed my own pack to aid in any CSer who wants custom weapons but not the BS. I have also scavenged around for sounds that will suit each gun realistically (b/c the sounds the designers put with their guns 99% of the time suck), and made damn sure that the bitrate/recording quality was good as well. Inside this pack you will be getting all new gun models (some changed drastically, some not-so drastically i.e. I left the deagle pretty close to the default model because any other animations throw off my deagle "rhythm" and reduce my skill with it incredibly), HL2 ragdoll physics mod, realistically injured hosties (bruises, cuts, and in office suits), realistic shell casings, and some high-res gloves.

For installing be sure to make a back-up of your Materials, Models, and Sounds folders; so when you have TWL or Cal match you can easily switch back to default everything. I have online back-ups to download if you do not know how to convert it yourself.

INSTALLATION (Unless you already have custom models, then you need to delete the files prior to installing)
Unzip, then simply extract to: (Click "Yes to All")
..Valve/Steam/SteamApps/(YOUR EMAIL)/counter-strike source/cstrike/

Unlike the other packs, mine contains NO SPYWARE or any other crap to advertise in your Counter-strike game.
Don't knock it till you try it :afro: Cheers!

Here are some sample pics to show some of the new weapons.

Knife Replacement

Duellies Replacement

USP SOCOM Replacement

P90 Replacement

MP5 Replacement

Shotgun Replacement and Injured Hosties

Scout Replacement

M4A1 Replacement

Commando Replacement

Aug Replacement

Krieg AutoSniper Replacement--M14

M249 Raplacement -- Chain Gun

And there's plenty more where that came from, d/l and see for yourself.

heres a piece of advice, and don't take it too personal but if u aren't gonna include some screen shots, people will not download them.
im not saying u should include screen shots of each and every weapon.. just a few.. to grab some people's attention.

nobody wants to download they don't even know what it looks like.

I'll get some posted tomorrow when I have the time, but for the meantime hopefully someone will d/l them and vouch for me that this is a well-built pack.

Yeah, I had to resubmit them, image shack wasn't responding for a while... try it now they should work.

Holyy hell, i want that chaingun :O :naughty:

I seem to already have most of these. I'm going to download it and get the M4 and Dual Brettas.

I tried those duellies out while I was selecting weapons for my pack, they are alright, but I like the ones in my pack much much better. Those are just like the regular duellies but different colors... Plus, the recoil is so weak, if you were wielding a .40 cal in each hand, you would be getting a lot more kick back which makes the anims in my eyes quite lame.

BTW, anyone who already has a weapon in my pack, try my sounds... most are changed from the original that came in the skin.

It's funny because I keep getting an error message when I connect to a server, saying the server is forcing a consistency against "model here" for some reason, any ideas if this can be fixed or have I just downloaded a pack that has ****ed all of my models?

That always happens when you first install a new skin, but once you quit CS & join back in the same server VAC will recognize the file as fine and you won't ever have the problem again.

It's still doing it...

Looks like I have to reinstall CS:S, oh joy

or the admin of the server has to add sv_consistency 0 to his/her server.cfg

Points off for using .rar format. Just use .zip. But anyways.

Good compliation of 99.9% skins from www.counter-strike-dl.com ...

The sounds are nice, I don't like the gloves... um, the sounds are all I might use actually.

You know what, you really like to come and criticize a lot Q_onfused. I am putting together a set of my favorite weapons, and just because a lot of them are displayed on one site doesn't mean that I should not use them. Should I go use models that are of lesser quality, No. This pack was supposed to assist people who want good custom weapons, but are too lazy to gather all the files and sounds to put in their directory DESPITE what websites they came off of. Since you just seem to love making my posts look like crap, I'm going to critique you for posting on my thread.

Let's see... points off for having 1,017 posts on a forum about Half-life 2, god only knows how many other forums you live on. Uhh, who really gives a damn what you've been listening to, and there's a 99.9% chance that it's Nine Inch Nails, hence even less reason to waste your time on that "Click!"

Ehhh... On to your infatuation with NIN... What's NIN even about besides a bunch of mopey grown adults dying their hair black and bemoaning the fact that no one understands their pain? And to think you love this crap, ah Now it all makes sense.

Take your adolescent 15 year old view on life and shove it. I think you fit in much better on the http://www.AfraidToAsk.com Body Function > Male Genitalia forum that I see you've made quite an appearance on.

Niche said:
You know what, you really like to come and criticize a lot Q_onfused. I am putting together a set of my favorite weapons, and just because a lot of them are displayed on one site doesn't mean that I should not use them. Should I go use models that are of lesser quality, No. This pack was supposed to assist people who want good custom weapons, but are too lazy to gather all the files and sounds to put in their directory DESPITE what websites they came off of. Since you just seem to love making my posts look like crap, I'm going to critique you for posting on my thread.

Let's see... points off for having 1,017 posts on a forum about Half-life 2, god only knows how many other forums you live on. Uhh, who really gives a damn what you've been listening to, and there's a 99.9% chance that it's Nine Inch Nails, hence even less reason to waste your time on that "Click!"

Ehhh... On to your infatuation with NIN... What's NIN even about besides a bunch of mopey grown adults dying their hair black and bemoaning the fact that no one understands their pain? And to think you love this crap, ah Now it all makes sense.

Take your adolescent 15 year old view on life and shove it. I think you fit in much better on the http://www.AfraidToAsk.com Body Function > Male Genitalia forum that I see you've made quite an appearance on.
Tbh Niche... You lose.

Niche said:

Criticize? Hmm, well yes and no. Some of the points you made are idiotic.

By saying that most of the skins were on CounterStrike DL, means that you *could* have searched different sites. Skins are easy to find but having them all from the same site doesn't impress me, which you want to impress me with your pack because you posted on a forum. Expect to be criticized. You opened yourself up to this by saying, "here's a pack I put together, download it."

Critique ME for posting in YOUR thread? Get a clue. People are going to post their opinions wether you want it or not. Most likely, you want people to respond or you wouldn't have posted in a forum.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=forum
A public meeting place for open discussion.

So don't come in here bashing me for voicing my opinion.

Oh, and about the number of posts comment. Did you even care to look up how much I post a day? I post 4 times a day. You have posted more today than I have a normal day, averaged. Good arguement.

So, we've come to the part of the post where you can't stay on topic and you have to bash other things about me, like music. I like NIN. Deal with it. Stay on topic. Have you even heard NIN? As your original post said "don't bash it until you've tried it," or something along those lines.

AND you have the nerve to look me up on Google to TRY to find something ELSE to bash me on. Sorry, but... You. Are. Pathetic.

Jeez niche, learn to take a lil criticism?

Honestly, look at Q_onfused's post, then look at yours.

All he's saying is he doesn't really like/need anything in your pack, except the sounds.
And then you all of a sudden start bashing him about what kind of music he likes?
Did I miss something?

Wait...its a joke right? :rolling:

Hahaha, I got owned? Dekstar, you need to get out more buddy... btw, I love your cute little acronyms!

Wow what a douche this guy turned out to be!

Fixed CS:S now anyway, no more shitty weapons pack for me :)

Niche said:
Hahaha, I got owned? Dekstar, you need to get out more buddy... btw, I love your cute little acronyms!
Pulse said:
Wow what a douche this guy turned out to be!

Fixed CS:S now anyway, no more shitty weapons pack for me
\o/

that is all...

Niche said:

Yes, you got owned. Stop trying to cover it up.

Blinded by the light
Wrapped up like a douche
in the middle of the night

I like some of the weapons, hate the sniper rifles and mini-gun though.

And i can see this topic getting locked fairly soon.

Oh stop it guys sheesh!

Besides, .rar > .zip, sorry Q_onfused. Cause I'm talking about compression ratios, not format popularity.

Same .rar is much better. Anywhoo nice collection their I suppose. Don't care much for weapon packs myself though.

Kyo said:
Same .rar is much better. Anywhoo nice collection their I suppose. Don't care much for weapon packs myself though.
They do kind of suck, but it's nice to sometimes have weapons with centered origins, so it's faster for reacting. I technically don't need my crosshair anymore.

This thread makes good reading. Unlucky, Niche. Maybe register with a different username or something.

Back