Nihilanth lines

flo_Orian said:
i think he says something like:

"dont open gayish threads if you want to know what i'm saying at the end of hl. play the game again and hear what i'm saying at the end of hl.".

but i'm not sure about that.

No need to be like that Floella

A Big Fat CoW said:
The line is "like you, alone, like you" etc, not "not you" or "want you"

I just listened to it again, I'm certain of it. He says "not", not "like" very clearly.

Concept said:
To be honest, Half-Life 2 is immune to being completely decimated by spoilers on one level. Unlike MGS 2 (or a cut-scene heavy game), the experience of playing through the game your way is more vital to the atmosphere and immersion than plot twists in my opinion.

I should know. I had MGS 2 ruined for me before release and it crushed my enthusiasm for the game. If user blah-blah-specsheet is placing covert spoilers all over the place in this forum, then obviously the moderators should be informed, and he should be banned immediately.

But personally, I've come across spoilers in this forum which are implausible and contradict one of the other.

So no... I'm not worried yet. Mostly because Half-Life 2's power in my view will be built on the experience of playing through it. Of 'being' there, so to speak.
At least someone removed his post.

Banning him would be nice though. If he did this on Steampowered.com he would be gone. Your right, Half-Life2 will be a good experience even if you know the outcome of certain events in advance, but some surprises will make the game all the more memorable if you did not know the outcome already.

Why even take the chance of spoiling those surprises for people who have been waiting years to play the game? I've already seen / read tons of Significant spoilers, but I don't feel the need to spoil the game for others. :)

I'm with Kage. I'm hoping it's fake, because there's been other 'spoilers' about contradicting what he said. But yes, I pretty much agree with you.

If a troll is out to make sure the game is ruined for other people (whether what they say is real or not, the intention is still there), I too don't understand why they wouldn't be banned.

There was a geocities website with Nihilanth's sounds...What was that?

Back