No Half-Life in PS3?

mysteryman

Reaction score
I've heard that Half-Life will not be available in PS3, is it true?
Instead they are having Killzone which somehow resemble to HL. :(

killzone is an all out killfest, hl, is a puzzle solving game, and it would suck on ps3 , seriously have u played the xbox version? the graphic's were #### , and like, alot jarder to shoot and move :l just my thoughts.

highlander said:
killzone is an all out killfest, hl, is a puzzle solving game, and it would suck on ps3 , seriously have u played the xbox version? the graphic's were #### , and like, alot jarder to shoot and move :l just my thoughts.
Actually I've just quoted that from one article,I haven't played killzone before.

There was an interview with Gabe Newell (founder/manager of Valve) from last year where he talked about how difficult it was to code for the PS3. He said that it was simply a case of going back and re-writing every line of code all over again. He said he didn't like it because it was just too difficult and time-consuming to consider, especially with all the projects they were already working on (Steam, Episode 1, HDR, etc.).

Click the streaming videos on this page to view them: http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3143150&did=1

You'll be looking for the Friday interviews. :)

Logically, if there were a console version wouldn't it be on the 360 anyway?
(HL2's on original Xbox...)

InnerRayg said:
Logically, if there were a console version wouldn't it be on the 360 anyway?
(HL2's on original Xbox...)

but they tried it in PS3, though as what mentioned above it's hard to code in PS3.

FPS are garbage on consoles anyways. The game is dumbed down and definately not what the original authors intended. There are so many compromises one has to make to make console FPS playable.

0mar said:
FPS are garbage on consoles anyways. The game is dumbed down and definately not what the original authors intended. There are so many compromises one has to make to make console FPS playable.

Agreed.

No. FPS's on consoles can work as long as the developer makes it work. There hardly ever needs to be any dumbing down. All of you need to get off your high horse. Just because you play games on the PC doesn't make you better than console gamers :|.

Normally I would agree DeusEx but there is one thing that makes FPS and strategy games better on the PC, the mouse. Until they find a better way to translate Half-Life other than just giving it autoaim, they should just leave it alone.

esplin said:
Normally I would agree DeusEx but there is one thing that makes FPS and strategy games better on the PC, the mouse. Until they find a better way to translate Half-Life other than just giving it autoaim, they should just leave it alone.

hey heard that the Sony will make keyboard and mouse available in PS3. If there is truth to this rumor then FPS and strategy games will be better to play in PS consoles too.:)

yer, but the amount of trouble it will be to find these, I mean take Command and Conquer, red alert on PS1, on the demo, they were advertising Mouse's, keyboards, Mutil-link cables and crap like that..

Only a hardcore PS fan will buy em

Sufferin-rebel said:
yer, but the amount of trouble it will be to find these, I mean take Command and Conquer, red alert on PS1, on the demo, they were advertising Mouse's, keyboards, Mutil-link cables and crap like that..

Only a hardcore PS fan will buy em

Yeah cause I don't think they will include it in the standard pack, maybe they will add it as extra peripherals.

mysteryman said:
but they tried it in PS3, though as what mentioned above it's hard to code in PS3.

I very much doubt valve have tried to code for the ps3, there would be no point in spending thousands of dollars on a dev kit so you could just take a look at it.

You can tell how difficult something is to code for just by looking at the hardware architecture.

DeusExMachina said:
No. FPS's on consoles can work as long as the developer makes it work. There hardly ever needs to be any dumbing down. All of you need to get off your high horse. Just because you play games on the PC doesn't make you better than console gamers :|.

We are better.

PUTTING AN FPS ON CONSOLE WRECKS THE GAME :( i always tell my friends dont judge it until youve played it on PC =]

Mr.Magnetichead said:
I very much doubt valve have tried to code for the ps3, there would be no point in spending thousands of dollars on a dev kit so you could just take a look at it.

You can tell how difficult something is to code for just by looking at the hardware architecture.

We are better.
But anything is possible right?:)

All FPS's on console suck. Period.

Especially since it's in first person and your generaly at least 2 feet away from the TV.

I agree, FPS on the console sucks emu penis. Maybe if they did a z-target thing, like with OoT, except FPS, then maybe it would be decent.

The first time I played HL was on a PS2. But yes, PC FPS > Console FPS

UltimaApocalyspe said:
I think Halo was the only console FPS that ever worked.

HL1 on PS2 hurts my eyes D:
Medal of Honor is a FPS and it worked for me.:)

Offcourse its not on Ps3. valve will have to everything allover
again. :farmer:

I reckon if it was 3rd person select-a-target it would work. Ooh, imagine the possibilities with that kinda better-than-Xbox360-hardware. :thumbs: :E

Umm, the like what kind of possibilites?
A hundred extra polygons?
A few more shader effects?
or
massive ground breaking gameplay that the 360 can't achieve for some unknown reason...

Hmmm....what one could you mean.. I'm just taking a wild guess but I think you ment the first ones I listed... Ah yes many more possibilites...*Rolls Eyes*

I bet FPS will be a bit better on the Revolution (aka wii). I can't wait to try out red steel and see how a 3d mouse works with a gun.

I have never liked FPS on console.... just doesn't work...

But the award to the worst PC to console conversion goes to the sims, that is impossible to play on console I reckon, I hired it once.

One of the Uk playstation magazines has a Half-Life 2 cover and saying "Half-Life 2 running on Playstation 3!". I saw it whilst out food shopping yesterday, but didn't take a closer look.

Of course, you'll just have to take my word for that :p

Tbh I dont care, Half Life games were always best on the PC.

Back