No HL2 in 2004?

haha i can ;D
it says its not on vivendis release list in 2004 :)

What are you guys talking about? We know German! After every word put "reinsteck" or "vorbinschlobskin" and you're good to go! Atleast that's how I made it through my German class... or did I ever take German... hmm...

I'm not a native germans speaker, but I'll try to translate it a bit:

"No Half-Life 2 in 2004?
11.03.2004 13:21 - A shock for shooter fans: In Vivendi Universal's new(/recent) release-list all titles for 2004 are listed - but no HL2. The official statement from Vivendi: No comment. As Valve gave this summer as the targeted date recently in an interview, we may still count on a release this year.

*a tiny bit about the steam survey, nothing to do with the release date or anything*"

So basically, it's apparently not listed on VU's list of upcoming releases for 2004 (perhaps because the date is pretty much TBD?), and VU won't comment. Last time Valve mentioned the release date it was summer 2004.

Hrm. It's not exactly an official solid press release, so meh. We shall see.

It's most likely the fiscal year of 2004, which ends in april when the fiscal year of 2005 starts.

PvtRyan said:
It's most likely the fiscal year of 2004, which ends in april when the fiscal year of 2005 starts.

i hope so!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm, I do think that it will be out in 2004, I mean they CAN'T delay it to 2005, since then the engine will already be somewhat dated.

True but they have had to change its code for hackers so its entirely possible for them to keep adding extra enhancements.

Talking about HL2 release date, I actually hope it's coming out in June-July: If it came out in April, I would be so hooked to the game I couldn't concentrate on school!

It isn't the fiscal year of 2004, the german site is just reporting old news.
It reports an old releaselist from january, and HL2 is TBA on that list.

Seppo said:
Talking about HL2 release date, I actually hope it's coming out in June-July: If it came out in April, I would be so hooked to the game I couldn't concentrate on school!

ts ts tss .. who needs school when you have Half-Life²

So it's just das oldenschliezen newsenkriegen? I was looking around Vivendi's website and I can't find a release list. The last one I saw was the one the had HL2 TBA.

ElFuhrer said:
So it's just das oldenschliezen newsenkriegen? I was looking around Vivendi's website and I can't find a release list. The last one I saw was the one the had HL2 TBA.

Yes, the list they talk about is that one. It's from january and it did show HL2 as TBA.
That was before the CNN article with "summer 2004".

Releaselist:
http://www.gamershell.com/news_UpdatedBVivendiBReleaseS.shtml

I really hope that Half-life 2 is coming out in June.

Or maybe it's because they cannot be sure about it...

The don't want to put the release date for 2004, and then upset their fans by delaying it even more.

EDIT - sorry for bumping old topic - didn't realise it was so old, and now I can't delete it.

We'll be fair with bumping old threads for a few days, since people may want to continue with conversations they were having just prior to the site going down. But don't anyone think thats an ok to dig up old threads from months ago :)

Back