No-Life

Swilly

Reaction score
I have no real way to go about explaining this but around a January of this year I was given an assignment by my Writing teacher to use a picture, the title and phrase together and make a story. That story quickly became(somehow) an eleven chapter long book based of the Half Life Universe taking place right after the events of Half Life 2 and well, I actually haven't finished. In fact I've had to start over because of some....time line issues. Mainly dealing with the years and how the character would actually be late 30 to early 40's.....big jump from 17 ._.

Any who, I don't know what to do with the story. I'm definitely going to rewrite but I want to be as close to Valve's vision of the story as possible while messing with some of the loop holes they left. However, I also want to make sure that my fellow Half Life enthusiasts agree that I'm not crossing over feet with universe ._.

In reality I have no freakin' idea what to do with it. I could let a mod team make a mod and watch that either succeed, fail or never happen(I'm betting that one). I could wait till I get my game design degree go to Valve and beg on my hands and knees in front of them and they could tell me yes or no(most likely this one). A book could be made but I really want to help tell stories through videogames since I see it as the future way to tell myths and legends and even become politically motivated.

I've gotten off topic, so again for the umpteenth time I'm asking you guys, what the hell should I do with this?

You could try typing it up and posting it in the Fan Fiction forum in Off-Topic, to see if it's got legs. Alternatively, if you're worried about being plagiarised or getting an adverse reaction, you could hang onto the idea until you're in a position to design something based around it, which would no doubt take a long time. What else can you do, tbh?

The chances of a team of modders coalescing on the basis of just your story seem slim, in my uninformed opinion. The chances of it all coming to fruition in the form of an ambitious, story-driven single player mod are slimmer still, since to do your desires justice it would probably have to be the grandest mod of its kind, for what is an ageing game.

You may as well post at least some kind of outline for the story in the meantime.

That's what I'll probably end up doing, the only problem is I'm still trying to figure out the ending >>, the whole story is based around the idea of the gman and how he treats the individuals he controls, some aren't as harmed as others and the character in this story is used more like an experiment. But I'll continue writing the story till I'm happy with its end.

Being a writer of sorts myself, I can't wait to actually read it when it is published wherever that may be. Very interesting concept, too.

Good luck!

Thank you :D

Side Note:The characters are actual people

Back