No Mom, just one more turn... (Civ V)

Is there a way you can make it so your map does not advance past a certain era? Like if you just want to play from the point of the being a settler to the Industrial Era, can you have it stay at the Industrial Era if that is how you want to play?

Not that I know of. Seems like it would break all the victory conditions.

Yup, what Krynn says. What you can do though is start in a later era than the Stone Age.

You can't win the diplomacy, culture, or war victory before The Future Era?

Also, did they just release a diplomacy patch, or are they going to? I really love everything about this game except for how diplomacy works. Very random and arbitrary it seems.

You can't win the diplomacy, culture, or war victory before The Future Era?

Also, did they just release a diplomacy patch, or are they going to? I really love everything about this game except for how diplomacy works. Very random and arbitrary it seems.

You can win with any of those at any time. Well I mean hypothetically. Culture would be easy if you did it right. War probably would be too since by the time the medieval age shows up you can start taking out cities if you do it right. Diplomacy is kind of weird. I guess you can't really win until the modern era because you need a UN so... there's that... then you basically just have to buy off all the city states and make them vote for you.

edit: obviously you can't win diplomacy any time because I just said you can't... I'm not changing it.

I can't stand how this game acts once you start expanding a ton. Everytime I want to move a more important unit or manage something, the screen takes me all the way to the other side of the map to work on a production for a city that isn't very important, it'll do this like six times before I can manage the important stuff. Is there a way to turn off that screen control?

I can't stand how this game acts once you start expanding a ton. Everytime I want to move a more important unit or manage something, the screen takes me all the way to the other side of the map to work on a production for a city that isn't very important, it'll do this like six times before I can manage the important stuff. Is there a way to turn off that screen control?

Yeah, I turned that off too. Its in the options somewhere.

I finally did a cultural victory. It was rough because once you get close to the Utopia project, everyone gets pissed at you and tries to kill you.

I finally did a cultural victory. It was rough because once you get close to the Utopia project, everyone gets pissed at you and tries to kill you.

I did that on an earth type map playing as India. Sure everyone was pissed at me but everyone was located in Australia and couldn't reach me in time...suckers.

Back