No new monsters? That's odd.

It's real alright, very real. It's looks like it's from E3 though, the comments they make about turning things off for E3 and such lead me to believe that it's probably a pre-E3 build. The HL2 specific stuff is real though. I've compiled it into exe files.

Yes it looks like HL1 stuff, but when you look closer you see capabilities being added to the GMan like TURN_AROUND_HEAD or FACIAL_ANIMATION which is clearly HL2 code.

Originally posted by thop
Yes it looks like HL1 stuff, but when you look closer you see capabilities being added to the GMan like TURN_AROUND_HEAD or FACIAL_ANIMATION which is clearly HL2 code.

But that doesn't make the game. In fact, as this topic suggests, there are no new monsters in HL2. That can't possibly be right.

There are many new monsters in HL2. Just look in the Hl2 directory, all npc* files.

Originally posted by thop
There are many new monsters in HL2. Just look in the Hl2 directory, all npc* files.

I didn't download the code LOL

Yeah, there are new monsters in there, and some very interesting stuff about manhacks. The enemies seem to be programmed to respond in very intelligent ways to any given situation. I can't wait to see it in action!

Yeah, i skimmed through that stuff, and then realized i didn't want to see it. I'm waiting for the game, and then maybe i'll read it.

I'm sure that Gabe is looking at this thread in disgust. All that work put into HL2, all the suspense blown by one ****ing hacker. There is nothing he can do about this mess.

I'm sure that Gabe is looking at this thread in disgust. All that work put into HL2, all the suspense blown by one ****ing hacker. There is nothing he can do about this mess.

Yeah. All the time they took into making sure that no one would know about things they didn't want them, too.

Someone was joking in another thread about the fact that at least one of us in the HL2 community has to be a professional hitman, and they should "help" Valve. The funny thing is that if Valve said that the reason for the delay was this theft of the source, someone probably WOULD find the person and shoot them, hahaha.

Actually there is no story at all revealed in the source. You can only get a few tiny fragments from the code comments.

Look, guys...I know obtaining the code may be tempting, but you're hurting VALVe here. The more it gets distributed, the more chance there will be for hacks, and for other less-virtuous developers to steal code from VALVe.

With that, I'm making a plea to you to voluntarily stop downloading this code, and to stop distributing it, and to stop pouring through it.

You're only hurting VALVe, here.

**** tiny possible spoiler ****

Just to answer the question...I believe the Prowlers are called Stalkers now... Maybe...

*** Sorry if this is bad...just clearing up a question

Erhm

Don´t you think it´s a little inappropriate to discuss the source on this forum? Gabe made a pleed for you to help him, is this the way you do it?

I asked the mods to delete the very few snippets (like 2 lines) i posted from the source to be deleted, but no answer yet.

Back