not angry bout nvidia, angry bout valve (and ati)

asd

Reaction score
how can a company make a game for one gfx card and don't see how bad it runs on other cards?
i have heard ati gave valve around 7 million $. thats kind of corruption.

come one ati users start flaming me "ati don't need to give valve money. their gfx boards are good enought"
blah. corruption is the thing i am talking about. corruption!

well nvidia gave them 2 steam servers, so that could be considered corruption too eh.

valve said they worked on the nvidia driver path 7 times more than the generic dx9 one, meaning they put a hella lot of work into nvidia cards, but it turns out nvidia cards suck with dx9

"i have heard ati gave valve around 7 million $. thats kind of corruption."

"You have heard".... you got your answer, Valve did anything they could to make the game playable for both cards, it took them 5x more time to optimise the code for Nvidia cards. FX cards do not perform well on DirectX9 but they are good with DirectX8.1, and you won't notice so much difference so you don't have to be angry about anyone. :)

btw, I own a Ti4200

Originally posted by Tek
well nvidia gave them 2 steam servers, so that could be considered corruption too eh.

but nvidia got ads for it.

Its obvious ATI gave them alot of money to get all of their asskissing pleasure. But Ill just play it on 8.1x , im not too worried about that.

Originally posted by asd
but nvidia got ads for it.

so?

did u miss this post?

Originally posted by mannyfresh027 valve said they worked on the nvidia driver path 7 times more than the generic dx9 one, meaning they put a hella lot of work into nvidia cards, but it turns out nvidia cards suck with dx9

are u experiencing Selective Reading Syndrome? (SRS) cause its quite common around here...

Originally posted by DimitriPopov
Its obvious ATI gave them alot of money to get all of their asskissing pleasure. But Ill just play it on 8.1x , im not too worried about that.

Yup.

Originally posted by Dr. Freeman
are u experiencing Selective Reading Syndrome? (SRS) cause its quite common around here...

How true... but dont be so racist about it.

[/SRS off]

Originally posted by asd
how can a company make a game for one gfx card and don't see how bad it runs on other cards?

come one ati users start flaming me "ati don't need to give valve money. their gfx boards are good enought"

Yes, Valve have a deal with ATi. But this is because ATi performed well in the earlier benchmarks.

You have to remember that ATi didn't pay Gearbox and Core. NVidia performed badly in the benchmarks for Halo and Tomb Raider as well.

Originally posted by Deadline
How true... but dont be so racist about it.

racist? uh.. i was not aware that im being racist.. i thought i was being sarcastic more than anything.. along with trying to inform the guy to actually read the posts before replying..

bleh.. :x

valve said they worked on the nvidia driver path 7 times more than the generic dx9 one, meaning they put a hella lot of work into nvidia cards, but it turns out nvidia cards suck with dx9

Maybe you need to learn how to read, because Gabe said 5 times more, not 7 times.

from what I read halflife2 is a directx9 game.. they made it specifically for a dx9 card ( which the new ati cards are ) the new nvidia cards should also be those but they are piece of shits so they dont run good on it so you would have to run it in dx8 for ok performance.. an I own a nvidia... not for long though, I am literally going to soak it in gas and liight it up

racist? uh.. i was not aware that im being racist.. i thought i was being sarcastic more than anything.. along with trying to inform the guy to actually read the posts before replying..

bleh.. :x

lol I was just fooling you man, you mention SRS.... lol forget it... *reads "sarcasm for dummies"*

lol asd you are REAL informed aren't you?

They developed for no particular card. When they found out nvidia performed lousy they spent tons of hours trying to fix it. If nvidia didn't suck, they wouldn't have had to do that.

Even on a logical level your argument is retarded. More than half the people out there have Nvidia cards.. why would they make a game ONLY for ATI? Do they want to sell less copies?!

Duh. Use your brain. Research some facts.

not to mention the new aquamark, and Nvidia's saving grace their Killer 50.xx drivers that are supposed to SAVE the day, don't they give ooo a few fps extra, like 2-5? but guess what they had to do to get them? yup thats right, "Optimaztions" aka cheating, they dropped alot of the dx9 2.0 shaders down to 1.4 shaders (dx8.1) so its not really running dx9 any more, oh and the small disadvatage of them doing that, IQ drop, very noticable.

you know what's scary?

we will never get rid of ignorance in this world.

NEVER

Threads like these Nvida vs. ATI ones should call for being BANNED. They're irritating, you can find the answers anywhere, and they just take up space.

Originally posted by Goombatommy
Threads like these Nvida vs. ATI ones should call for being BANNED. They're irritating, you can find the answers anywhere, and they just take up space.

Give me some examples of some threads that are not annoying... and if you do find one, I will eat my microsoft optical mouse.

Those mice are hard to force apart you know, have fun eating that if he ever finds a thread that is not annoying. Back on track now, nvidia's FX cards use a half assed DX9 so thats why they perform so poorly.

The FX series have had problems with DX9 for a long time, HL2 isnt optimized for ATI, they worked really hard to get it working for nvidia.
The FX line is not very good.

Doobz, he has SRS.. (Selective Reading Syndrome) so even if he read all of it, only some of it would register in his tiny pea brain :)

SRS cannot be cured, however it can be treated with medications.

Originally posted by asd

Go use nVidia's awesome 50.xx drivers. You can almost see the DX9 effects... wait, that's ATi's fault... so's the FX gpu.

Originally posted by TrueWeltall
Those mice are hard to force apart you know, have fun eating that if he ever finds a thread that is not annoying. Back on track now, nvidia's FX cards use a half assed DX9 so thats why they perform so poorly.

Maybe cause there's four screws on the bottom :eek: It's not to bad if you unscrew the screws that hold it together. :p

Currently to get a 20+ FPS,you need a Radeon 9500+

I'm thinking Valve is going ATI now.

Good thing on XMAS I'll have a 9600.

So you say that Valve spent more time getting the game to run better on ATI video cards.

Why on earth would valve want to do that, regardless of any money that ATI may have given them? Don't you think they'd make more money by making a game that ran just as good on either video card, rather than alienate more than half of the existing market?

nVidia sucks for DX9. Simple

corruption... there's a word you shouldn't learn until you can really understand what it means. It's a pretty damning word.

Yeah you said corruption like 32352 times and it didnt really make sense in any of the cases. You would think the law of averages would come into play there and you would get one. Oh well. Anyways even if there was some crazy deal for ATI to work better,and there wasnt, it dosent make either company "corrupt" its just business and marketing. If ATI was internally funding a war in Africa, using skimed unreported profits, in order to control diamond mines ; that would be corrupt.

It's not just valve having problems with NV and DX 9.0/pixel shader 2.0 TR Angel of Darkness and HALO both exhibit bad performance on the NV3X GPUs!

you've gotta be a troll looking for attention. You can't possibly be so dumb.

I'm just saying that if you want a good FPS rate,you gotta go ATI. The Geforces won't do good now. I think ATI has won

I am not looking for a flame war

nVidia seems to want people to think its just a driver issue that can and even has been fixed... wonder if thats true or if the hardware just inherently sucks the proverbial big one.

Back