not valid

Privateer

Reaction score
me again, this time be gentle, trying to do things proerly, I get this now.
F: is not a valid win32 application.

Well that's a lot for us to go on.

Try actually telling us what you are trying to do, for a start.

Well that's a lot for us to go on.

Try actually telling us what you are trying to do, for a start.

sorry m8 but thats it really.

Trying to install the game again it doesn't load, all I get is the Win32error, it seems common, but as yet I'm still looking to download the fix, they all talk about it but nothing to download.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=is+not+a+valid+win32+application&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000726.htm

sorry m8 but thats it really.

Trying to install the game again it doesn't load, all I get is the Win32error, it seems common, but as yet I'm still looking to download the fix, they all talk about it but nothing to download.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=is+not+a+valid+win32+application&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000726.htm
So you are trying to install, well, HL2 I have to assume, as you are again holding out on the info. At least we are getting somewhere now. In your first post, you made it sound like you were just sitting at your PC, doing nothing and just watching the screen, and an error popped up. We can't read minds, so if you don't tell us everything you did, then we can't help. How are we supposed to know you are installing something, if you don't tell us? I'm sure in a few posts you will tell us what EXACTLY you are installing, and then in a few more you might leak some more important info to anyone still trying to help.

In your previous post, you say you are TRYING to install (a game). Yet you say the game won't LOAD. So is it installed or not? What part are you stuck on? Is it installed properly? The (correctly installed) game won't load, or the installer won't load, or it just won't install? Or something else?

Why do you insist on making it so hard for people to help you?

It's highly probable the game is simply too old. Happened to Yoda Stories with me ;(

A game? Didn't you give HL2 to your kids?

/EDIT Which game?

sorry my first post said I'm trying to do things properly this time, by properly I intended to use Steam, Ive told my kids about steam and gave them everything they need, whats annoying is it loaded before, Trying to install HL2 again on my kids laptop, as soon as I put the HL2 disc in I get the Win32 error.

sorry my first post said I'm trying to do things properly this time, by properly I intended to use Steam, Ive told my kids about steam and gave them everything they need, whats annoying is it loaded before, Trying to install HL2 again on my kids laptop, as soon as I put the HL2 disc in I get the Win32 error.
*sigh*

Your going to make us do this one dragged-out step at a time, aren't you.

What operating system is the Laptop running? Is it up to date? As in service packs and updates.

What are the system specs for it? RAM. CPU type and speed. Graphics card type and number.

Do you have all of the correct drivers installed for everything, including sound, motherboard, graphics card etc?

Are you just doing something dumb like trying to put a DVD disc in the drive when the laptop only has a CD drive?

When I said you need to tell us EXACTLY what you are trying to do, what you have tried, and the problems / errors you are getting, I meant:

Tell us EXACTLY what you are trying to do, what you have tried, and the problems / errors you are getting.

That includes WHAT GAME IT IS, and ALL the specs of the system you are trying to put it on.

Just in case you forget:

Tell us EXACTLY what you are trying to do, what you have tried, and the problems / errors you are getting.

That includes WHAT GAME IT IS, and ALL the specs of the system you are trying to put it on.

Im trying to install HL2 on my kids laptop again, I said that and it loaded before but now when I try to load Half Life 2 on my kids laptop, I get the win32 error, it read the CD ok because it loaded before, but then Steam blocked me, It plays Tomb raider legend and MOHPA, just fine.
Its a laptop with XP pro and SP2 on it.
512 Ram.
64mb card, but the laptop supports over Direct X 8.
80gb Hd
DVD/RW.
The laptop easily passes the minimum specs for HL2.

To be PC, its not Merry Christsmas anymore, so I'll
wish All happy holidays.
Anyway the win32 error was confusing, I bought a new key and downloaded a
new game, the laptop plays it fine.

Back