Nothing is true; everything is permitted.

So you mean like the time I punched my bedroom wall, and my hand was in absolute agony. Then I watched the Karate Kid, and did the special thing when he clasps his hands together and pushes them up and outward with his eyes closed, then makes strange breathing noises to give him special power. Then I punched the wall, and it didn't hurt. Hoyaaah!!!

Practicing magick is somewhat more subtle than punching a wall. I'm sure whatever you believe, unless you delude yourself to the point that the brain refuses to recieve the chemical impulses involved with physical pain, punching a wall hurts. :stare:

Sol_Invictus said:
Practicing magick is somewhat more subtle than punching a wall. I'm sure whatever you believe, unless you delude yourself to the point that the brain refuses to recieve the chemical impulses involved with physical pain, punching a wall hurts. :stare:
ROFL owned :bounce:

indeed feeling nothing is simply making your brain ignore the pain signal.

Sol_Invictus said:
TRY IT! :bounce:

Magick is a great tool. Why don't you think it's your cup of tea? I can get you started on the right track, but it will require some dedication to learning it.

Well dedication isn't really my cup of tea anway ;)

But is there one simple act of "magick" I can try to perform if you told me how?

But I'm off to bed now - nightey night all :p

Well dedication isn't really my cup of tea anway

:E Then magick probably isn't for you. It is quite involving.

But is there one simple act of "magick" I can try to perform if you told me how?

It doesn't work that way. I can't give you a spell and you recite it and BAM! your rich. This isn't sabrina the teenage witch. Magick requires a great deal of effort on the part of the practitioner if you want real results. It would take a roughly a month to prepare for the most base form of magickal practice, thats omitting what is usually considered required reading for real magickal practice, such as researching different systems(Thelemic, Enochian, ect...), sigils, rituals, tools etc...

If your not willing to dedicate some of your time and much effort, I can't do much for you.

Sol_Invictus said:
I find it funny that you dismiss that, yet you're going on about prayer actually doing more than NOTHING. :farmer:

Ah well...

Well... I don't know what to think about this thread.... except that alot of people believe in some pretty freaky stuff.

One note... has anyone actually heard about what this "magick" actually achieves.... What "Tricks" can you do....

And can you make me understand my maths course in the next 10 mins? :p

Oh and about the punching wall thing, I know one thing for sure. You can "train" parts of your body to ignor pain by hurting them repeatedly.... it kills the nerves. lol
Thats what I did at Thai boxing with my shins because they block kicks and kick with their shins. :) Also... my knuckles feel feck all pain. lol

Sol_Invictus said:
Magick requires a great deal of effort on the part of the practitioner if you want real results.
Aw damnit, i hate work -_-
I'm sure more people would be willing to put the effort into it
If they had any proof that it wasn't complete bull
Does there happen to be any proof this isn't bull...?

I find it funny that you dismiss that, yet you're going on about prayer actually doing more than NOTHING.

I didn't dismiss it, I simply attempted to demonstrate that punching a wall is a poor comparison to magick.

My assertion that prayer produces results is based on quite a few independant studies and statistical analsis. It is statistically true that those who are being prayed for will benefit from that, unless you have some information that you would like to present that renders those studies false.

Does there happen to be any proof this isn't bull...?

Well, the studies I posted earlier prove that the basic theory behind magick is sound. Other than that you have the words of millions of practitioners and people who have been affected by magick. Thats either enough to convince you to try it for yourself and see if it is real, or it isn't. In the end it depends on you. There is proof, but it can't be given to you. It can only be experienced by you through your own effort.

except that alot of people believe in some pretty freaky stuff.

This is nothing. I have spent years researching and practicing within the world of the Occult and what is freaky is that, despite all I have seen and experienced, there are still things that freak me out. :D

I have even shaken hands with Vampires. One of them was a schoolteacher ;o

Sol_Invictus said:

errrrrrr.

I think its time for me to go to sleep. I could have sworn I just read that you have shaken hands with a vampire school teacher...

Yeah... cya in the morning. :p

quack quack

Can't believe so many of you have bought into the stuff this guy is saying ... he's living in a fantasy world in his head.

Do you have anything substantial to offer to the discussion lepobz? If your going to go through the trouble of posting, might as well think of something significant to say.

In any case, no one here has "bought into" anything. I don't think I have changed anyone's mind here. It's just that instead of posting the same ordinary dribble you come at me with, they are engaging me in conversation, even though they disagree with me. "Mundanes" is the word many Occultists reserve for your kind, not because you don't believe in the magickal, but because your ordinary mind seems incapable of rising above the most base level of human imagination. Until the moment you post something of significance, you will not again gain my attention.

Sol_Invictus said:
Well, the studies I posted earlier prove that the basic theory behind magick is sound. Other than that you have the words of millions of practitioners and people who have been affected by magick. Thats either enough to convince you to try it for yourself and see if it is real, or it isn't. In the end it depends on you. There is proof, but it can't be given to you. It can only be experienced by you through your own effort.

This is nothing. I have spent years researching and practicing within the world of the Occult and what is freaky is that, despite all I have seen and experienced, there are still things that freak me out. :D

Wow, you make it sound like vampires are rare.. They just don't broadcast their beliefs or show off, well the newbie ones do, those you see on TV who are influenced by Buffy the Vampire Slayer and all dress up like Angel.

For those who don't know, real vampires are not "real" vampires, and its not the kind you see on TV or the kind who go around killing people. real vampires are quite different, and not atall "evil" or "sick".

-

Really Sol, your not doing yourself any favors with the way your going on about it. Those who do know this stuff can't help but laugh, your clearly one of those in it just for the status symbol. You really need to researach properly, and I don't mean doing a quick google search, you'll not find the real stuff on geocities sites, i'll tell you that much.

Oh and no you can't cast real magic, its a nice dream but its reserved for LotR's and AD&D I'm afraid.

Sorry but its people like you that give others who believe in the alternative lifestyles a very bad name. We choose not to behave like this, if people are really interested they seek us out, we don't act like children on games forums and then expect people to take us seriously.

The Dark Elf said:
Sorry but its people like you that give others who believe in the alternative lifestyles a very bad name. We choose not to behave like this, if people are really interested they seek us out, we don't act like children on games forums and then expect people to take us seriously.

I cannot stress enough how much I agree with this.

I've known shamans and... uh... less-standard spiritualists, and while I respect every form of faith I just don't take any of it seriously. They're all incredibly nice people, though.

The day I see something palpatable to support such things, however, I'll glady repent.

Although I do admit the "hardcore" followers of the less mainstream factions make my mind warp, and not because they're psionically adept or anything. Some of the things the "witches" I've known have told me... pfft, right. Face it Ms. Druid, you're just another religious variant, you're not some sort of transmuter or empath.

I've got a few friends that are heavily involved in this sort of thing, but I don't really hold much stock in it. My faith statistic in anything (excepting Valve) is about -10.

I do believe in god, I do believe in Jesus, but the bible is filled with BS. Sol is right, everything is allowed. God allows us to do everything we want, the 10 commandments are also BS, God would never forbid us to do what ever we want.

Ppl should read "Conversations with God". This book is my new bible.

There! I knew I would draw atleast one out into the open.

Sorry to contridict you, Dark Elf, I don't believe in being secret about it, or lurking in the shadows. I enjoy openly discussing my lifestyle with others, those of like mind and also the cirously skeptical. I see no reason not to be frank about it.

As for vampires, I didn't mean to incinuate anything of their nature, and I don't think my post can possibly be contrued as such an incinuation unless the reader simply wants it to be. The one vamp I met personally was quite the opposite of what I would consider to be evil, infact he was rather pleasent and conversational.

As for the status symbol accusation, I have done nothing here if not perpetuate the idea that anybody can do what I do. I havn't claimed to be anything special or attempted to set myself apart. I'm just a regular guy. It's the secretive and elitist occultists that I find to be quit pompus, especially those who proclaim the honor and great integrity of their secrecy publically.

In any case, it's always pleasent to run into like minded individuals, even when our similarities very few. Of all the people who have attacked me since I started this thread, I respect you the most. For what it's worth. :E

I'm tired. I will be back tomarrow and if this thread is still alive, I will post more. For anyone else interested, I recommend Phil Hine's Oven Ready Chaos, available for free here: http://www.kaaos.org/chaos/docs/oven_ready_chaos.pdf

A brilliant book for the curious.

Sol_Invictus said:
Sorry to contridict you, Dark Elf, I don't believe in being secret about it, or lurking in the shadows. I enjoy openly discussing my lifestyle with others, those of like mind and also the cirously skeptical. I see no reason not to be frank about it.

He's not talking about being secretive or hiding the fact, he's talking about NOT doing what you're doing. If someone is interested, they can take it upon themselves to find more out about it; refusing to make childish posts on forums trying to introduce it to people (which doesn't really work) is not the same thing as lurking in the shadows.

and, just a pointer, it's insinuate not incinuate. and curiously, and tomorrow, and contradict. since you actually try to spell, figured I'd help you a bit.

Sol_Invictus said:
"Mundanes" is the word many Occultists reserve for your kind, not because you don't believe in the magickal, but because your ordinary mind seems incapable of rising above the most base level of human imagination. Until the moment you post something of significance, you will not again gain my attention.

Excuse me? I'm very intelligent and open minded, and I do understand where genuine folk come from when they live alternative lifestyles.
What I fail to understand is people like you, that come onto forums thinking you're on a level above everybody else, calling us 'mundanes' and talking a load of nonsense about casting magical spells.

I'm sorry, but you need to take a long hard look at yourself. This is the real world we're living in. Nothing in that dreamworld of yours has any influence here.

Mundanes...Ahaha. Thats what telepaths in babylon 5 called normal people.

Sorry, to laugh...especially about something so geeky, but it just cracks me up.. Makes me think that after all, this whole thing really is a joke...or some guys in a room playing too much Dungeons and Dragons.

Can I get a mountain dew? I'm getting a mountain dew! Does anyone want a mountain dew?

I cast magic missile... at the darkness

Farrowlesparrow said:
Makes me think that after all, this whole thing really is a joke...or some guys in a room playing too much Dungeons and Dragons.

I'm inclinded to agree, if he was genuine he'd never have made posts like these.

People like him piss me off... His real life sucks so he pretends he's some dark lord magician (after reading some other nutcases book about dark art magic) and then comes on forums telling people he's a dark magician and better than everyone else (because lets face it, its no use being a leet magician if nobody knows about it, right?) ...

How can he have the nerve to call people mundane that have the intelligence to see him for what he really is and not get dragged into his fairytale dreamworld with him?

Better to be a normal person in the real world, than a super dark lord magician in your dreamworld and an obnoctious loser in the real world.

No offence, Sol_Inwhateveryournameis.

ahah i dont think anyone really realizes what sol's "magick" really is....its basically self inflicted schizoprenia....you make yourself believe whatever you want to believe...yea you can argue that it works..but only cause you BELIEVE it works...it actually has no affect on the ppl observing....that this for example:

sol says...ok im gonna create a servent (or whatever he called it) that will give me wealth....so...his "servent" tells him to put on a nice shirt, comb his hair and go out and get a ****ing job at mcdonalds...and...for some reason..it WORKS!! omg omg omg.....so now...sol is wealthy beyond his imagination (jobless living with his parents) and he believes it was all because of his "magick"..........

dude..believe me...if magicians were what they say they are..then they would be very prominent individuals in society..because basically they can create sex, wealth, etc like you say...things that get you ahead in society...but instead (like many of my friends who used to practice what you do) still live with their parents....still perform magic spells in their basement...and still have no lives....only now (theyre 21 year old now) are they realizing that there is a real world.....

Popeyes chicken tastes better than KFC.

ok who are u? someone has hacked my account cuz the above post is not mine!!! wtf!

I was cursed once By some weirdo. I was in my daily routine of throwing stuff at him, he turns around and starts muttering in some crazy language and says "You Have just been cursed, Fool human" He literally called me a human! So I sprayed him in the face with axe (that really hurts)

Well, at least the thread title was on target..

Whatever helps people cope with reality. :) Just another form of Religion IMO,. no more crazy then Creationists.

can you use chaos magi*ck) to improve your sex life? A friend of mine said he used something like this for a 7 hr orgasm.

Sh4mp00 said:
can you use chaos magi*ck) to improve your sex life? A friend of mine said he used something like this for a 7 hr orgasm.
SOL COME BACK TELL ME THE SECRETS, also I would like the method for all magick "male enhancment" please!

ey sol are u trying to recruit some guys?
encountered some guys like u before. other one belonged to this religion called "satanism" . are u somehow related to this?

This reminds me of the girl who thought she was a witch in high school. I kept on laughing at her, and she threatened to put a spell on me. I told her I didn't care, and that I didn't believe in that crap. She said "Oh, yeah?! Well, just give me some of your hair and lets see!" She stopped talking to me after I yanked some pubic hair out and gave it to her.

dj_flameskull said:
ey sol are u trying to recruit some guys?
encountered some guys like u before. other one belonged to this religion called "satanism" . are u somehow related to this?

Wouldnt you need to be christian before you could worship satan? seeing that he is a christian belief...
Is satanism a type of christianity?

Satan is only a christian belief?

I thought satan was the face of evil of nearly every belief...

lePobz said:
Satan is only a christian belief?

I thought satan was the face of evil of nearly every belief...

"Satan" called by name, as in "Satanism" is christian, no?

Back