now everibody hates source?

you still like source even if is not "perfect"?

• Total voters
<RJMC> said:
ironyc
someone called HALO2OWNZ vote no
wouldnt it be irony if his name were HALFLIFE2OWNZ?

he probably voted no, because he is a halo fanboy :p

Iop said:
talking about the engine.... i would say that the best engine is Unreal Engine 3

the UE3 engine is for the 2006 and source is a engine of this year

so uh...she, exactly what what have you done for the company you work for, and uh...it woudn't happen to have a name would it?

The engine is great , the only thing i find annoying is the fact that ANYTHING , or just abouts that uses the physics engine knocks you away on contact. Anyway , im 99% sure thats only in cs source as i saw in the HL2 E3 clips you can push tables n crap around , why not cs source tho? i'd love to build a baracade of fileing cabinets in office or use barrels in dust to get to higher place that i couldnt normally reach!

She what do you exactly do at where you work?
Are you like the person who snaps smart remarks at the employs?
How much u get payed?

God that isn't the engine, Cs:S physics are downgraded for Lag issues. So thats Cs:S not the engine.

KidRock said:
I would still say source is an engine for last year.

well is like be comparing a combat airplane of the WWII whit a combat ariplane of this day

get it?

Source is purty.

So called 'bugs' people are taking about with source are often just limitations (imposed by having a relatively low minimum spec). Shadows cant cast onto models, only world geometry. This is why certain things like tables and beds dont 'block' shadows. Kinda like how doors in HL1 dont block light, its not that dynamic.

'The Source engine', I couldn't think of a better engine currently available from Valve...to run HL2 on.

Iv'e seen better, Iv'e seen worse, but like any new toy I'm anxious to get it out of the wrapper. For me playing CSS was like that 'new' plastic smell you get just before opening that toy.

Source owns!, graphically and physically:)
Everything is so sharp and crisp, the lighting(though may not be the most high tech) is the most realistic I've seen. Shadows...ahh if you focus on these your just trolling cause you've got nothing better to do( they ain't that bad) and the physics speak for themselfs:)

Every engine has its downside, but source has too much good to be bad:D

Am I the only one that doesn't even really notice the lighting, or even care? Seriously worry about shooting people and stop looking at pixels.

Back