Votes: 43 37.1%
  • Newb.

Votes: 15 12.9%
  • *sizzle*

Votes: 58 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ruroni: If this is the real deal i think there could be some big money in it for you, or at least a free HL2 copy :p

Ruroni I love you man if you turn those guys in, if you want I will be your husband/wife (your Choice) lol i would turn gay for you..... You are my hero :cheers:

Remember that you don't know these guys personally and that they are probably complete scumbags in the first place, personally i wouldn't think twice before turning them in, no info withheld at all.

Don't post in this thread if you don't want to but at least turn them in to Valve. Anyone with half a brain should have realized that hacking into a company's computer and stealing copyright material + hacking into their stuff would get them in trouble.

Do not feel sad for them, they dug their own grave and did it while they were taunting everyone else.

As a Great man once said (main character from the game KINGPIN) at the beginning of the game: "Im going to bury those mother****ers."

you should be thinking the same thing Ruroni! :LOL:

I can tell you what I do know. That your not going to find out exactly who did it, because I am not given exact names, due to this person having 'some' involvement. It does involve the ***** clan. It does involve a valve server, which was unfirewalled, and this server is on tangis.com

---

"you're luke warm Ruroni" -- before I was approached on the network i'm on.

I cannot believe what im hearing.

Ruroni, I want to believe you, and if it is true, then you are in a position to score some major points with Valve.

Now, would you rather be friends with the most venerated game company in the business, or some dickheads who stole 5 years of work from some highly dedicated people?

That being said, I'm not sure how much I really believe you have the info you claim to have.

Either way, best bet is to contact valve.

Originally posted by Ruroni
I can tell you what I do know. That your not going to find out exactly who did it, because I am not given exact names, due to this person having 'some' involvement. It does involve the ***** clan. It does involve a valve server, which was unfirewalled, and this server is on tangis.com

---

please dont feel sorry for those bastards, and what clan is *****? it is always blurred out.

Originally posted by Ruroni

---

Check you're pm's.

Ruroni, you should go for it. There is more at stake here then some "online buddies".

Originally posted by PhatBoyz
please dont feel sorry for those bastards, and what clan is *****? it is always blurred out.

/\/\yg0t.

sigh... i know ***** a bit too well from the freelancer comunity, they had some members playing there... they were responsible for several clan forums defacings, msn accounts highjacks, aim accounts highjacks, they hacked lancersreactor (the biggest FL fan site) and got admin previleges there, yes ***** has the power and ressources to do it

wonder if Vavle will send Ruroni a "I helped Vavle and all I got was this t-shirt" t-shirt o_O

heres some part of a leaked pic that shows t0y on mirc

Attachments

• t0y_found.jpg
    t0y_found.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 725
Ruroni, if you are on the level, then dont worry about protecting some little hacker kids, think about priorites. HALFLIFE2 is the number 1 priority!!! Send what you know the VALVe, pls.

I contacted valve like 3pm est today, when I was finding all this out. Just never got a reply. Im torn.

Like, im this little perfectly angle'd pebble, between two big things.

I say give Valve as much info as you can. You can be a huge help to them right now since you have a direct connection to this whole thing. Sure you might not have actual names, but they can get closer to who did this and maybe those fools will come forward (if they know what's good for 'em).

Who knows. If Valve nails these guys or they come forward and your lead gave them away...you may see praise from Valve or even a reward...

send again... and other people send emails too them getting them to look in this thread? I dunno.. just an idea, they cant ignore 100s of emails, all pointing to this thread.. cus it looks like no one else has a good lead on whats happaning

Originally posted by ph34r t3h cute
wonder if Vavle will send Ruroni a "I helped Vavle and all I got was this t-shirt" t-shirt o_O
buhahahah, but i think not.

The ***** leader is stonned gorilla, they have several divisions, guess this was the work of the HL2 division

I dont give a rats ass about a reward tough, this guys did way too many damage on other places and its cool to see them nailed

idea

I got an idea.

It's quite obvious that these mag0t people (as I now refer to them) are behind the hacks, the leaks, etc. I hope they get caught, jailed, yada yada.

But let's pretend that VALVe knew they did it, but for some reason, couldn't do anything about it.

What if, anybody who signed up with steam under a mag0t name, is automatically banned from all servers.

Wouldn't that be funny? mag0t people would never be able to play CS again, lmao.

I can't help but read into this that you think what they did was cool. You seem excited that you may have some info that Valve wants, and you seem to feel entitled some sort of attention from them and us because you say you know something.

Posting this here is pointless. This information should go to Valve so they can fix what's broken. You publishing it here doesn't help them or us. We don't think you're cool because you talked to some hackers. ***** are a bunch of ****ing wankers, and there is no way you can make us afraid of them, their network of goons, or some shady description of the way you are getting your so-called info.

Chances are, the ***** guys are totally ****ing with you in the hopes you'll run around and post the tidbits they are giving you all over the net.

Send what you have to Valve and keep quiet about the rest. You were right in one thing, if you say too much and it IS real they will vanish and it will make it harder for Valve to catch them. Do what's right!

Just my .02

I just want *****, or at least some of there members, anally ****ed up by vavle, stoping the people who started this wont make the file go away, its still out there on kazza or whatever, but its going to help alot from this happaning again...

now that I think of it, any ***** members here looking in on everything O_O?

I think anyone who let the cat out of the bag (assuming the info is true) will have to go the whole way now else they can be held for withholding information.

Originally posted by Estevan
heres some part of a leaked pic that shows t0y on mirc
That shows that whoever it was, had a PM window with t0y on top.

I personally know Ruroni, and have been watching as this all went down, I assure you, you dont need to tell him to do the right thing, if he promised to not quote the guy, he wont, but if he has info that could lead to something, he would not keep it. Sit back and relax, you will get what he can give soon enough, he is basically in interview with a vampire, VAVLe version atm, give him some space or I may have to go bodyguard on your ass. ;)

Ruroni, I'm afraid I must chime in here...

I don't want to tell you what to do, but I'm hoping I can somewhat influence your decision.

Here are a few things you should take into consideration:
- VALVe's livelihood is based on making games.
- The hacker is in no way innocent. When you involve yourself in illicit affairs like hacking, you know exactly what you're doing.
- This could mean another massive delay in HL2, or it has already resulted in this.

they are good at what they do. and that's the truth. too bad they have to cause so much trouble doing it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back