Nuclear Dawn Website Launched

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
Finally, your anticipation can end, sort of. After waiting for about 7 years (Maybe a bit less), the Nuclear Dawn website has been launched and to celebrate, the team has included some new screenshots and concept art of this Half-life 2 modification. But what exactly is Nuclear Dawn about?
Nuclear Dawn is a modification for Valve’s Source engine that combines visceral and violent First Person Shooter action with fast-paced Real Time Strategy in the aftermath of an apocalyptic war. You can choose the mission or lead the attack as a commander, marshalling resources and deploying weapons and equipment for your team to use. You can storm a building as an assault trooper, cling to the shadows and rely on your active camouflage as a stealth, or unleash terrible firepower from a powered suit of exo-armor…
[br]

newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif
[br]
newsspacer2.gif
[br]

Damn that stuff looks good! This is turning out to be great!

oh shit, I was expecting this to look good, but DAMN

Fantastic media and the team's all over the place. I'm liking it.

Fourth quarter 2006, I'm sure glad they waited till now :rolleyes:

V.Nice looking. One to watch I feel. Hope to see some footage soon.

:)

Great stuff, great stuff. Looks like they might just be able to deliver on the hype.

Is it me or does this look INSANE! Look at the GFX! Holy shit....Wtf...

Indeed looking awesome.

houndeye said:
I don't know what this FPS/RTS hybrid crap is about lately, but it looks awesome!
IMO it's because the teams are recongnising that the market is saturated with "brainless" / simple CS:S/HL2-DM type of games. Trying to add a little more depth I suppose, by adding the RTS element which I for one, am very glad about :)

For some reason the back of those models remind me of Stormtroopers.

And yeah, looking great so far.

OMFG! I love the textures and skins they made.... and no hl2/css textures :D

This looks great! Also, whilst just looking throught throught the screenshots I noticed there is a small, what looks like a small Lamda logo in the top-right of this screenshot, just above 10:34 on the digital clock. Just thought you might all like to see it :)

Penfold_ said:
This looks great! Also, whilst just looking throught throught the screenshots I noticed there is a small, what looks like a small Lamda logo in the top-right of this screenshot, just above 10:34 on the digital clock. Just thought you might all like to see it :)
Infact that's not the lamda logo, but a japanese charachter, which I think means something like "person" :) (that whole line is japanese text)
It does look a little like the lamda sign...
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/76/untitled14pv.gif

looks a million times better and more origional then sin episodes. and it blows anything ive seen from dystopia AWAY.

hell looks better then hl2.

if it was a real game i could get the box, poke a hole in it and make sweet love to it

It looks kick ass, Imo those player models look very similar to some of dysotopia's, except less colourful.

and hl2. notice all these mods have the glowing eyes gas mask.

finally looked at the site. way cool screens there

indeed ... but fourth quarter 2006 ?

That wasnt worth the countdown hype. Its still only a MOD and no fullprice game, they shouldt rate it too high.

Looks good, but the gameplay sounds like a ripoff of natural selection. Doesnt mean I wont play it I just found the similarities pretty obvious.

The media is truly impressive, and I'd like to congratulate the webdesigner for a nice layout as well :)

DjBourgeoisie said:
Looks good, but the gameplay sounds like a ripoff of natural selection. Doesnt mean I wont play it I just found the similarities pretty obvious.
NS has pretty much spawned a new genre by popularising the FPS/RTS crossover. I think that we'll see a lot more from this 'new genre' than just Iron Grip, Zombie Master, Empires and Nuclear Dawn.

-Crispy- said:
NS has pretty much spawned a new genre by popularising the FPS/RTS crossover. I think that we'll see a lot more from this 'new genre' than just Iron Grip, Zombie Master, Empires and Nuclear Dawn.

I hope so because I LOVE ns... I hope my comment wasnt taken wrong, I think ND looks great, I hope it can deliver on what counts though which is gameplay.

Back