numportals>areaportals

Death.Trap

Tank
Reaction score
I added some areaportals to my map, and now when I try to load it I get that error. Anyone know what to do about that?

How many did you add?

Has anybody else had this problem in a while? I am starting to learn how to optimize my map and added 3 areaportals today. It compiled allright but when i ran the map I got the same error. numportals > areaportals.

Each portal had the texture on, was one unit thick and was set to start open.

Thanks.

Check your compile log, im guessing you will have a long list saying that the area portal doesn't touch two areas. I had the exact same message when mine was compiling. Make sure there are no little gaps in your portal and that its flush with the walls its in, make it only one until thick and make sure the surrounding solids are not detail brushes, that was my main problem since part of my floor and door frame were details.

The area that the three portals seals must actually seal them Not just at the portal themselves, but wrold brushes must close up the rest. If you have any bd geometry or misaligned brushes you could have tiny cracks. Basically your portals aren't sealing a world-brush enclosed area.

You can use VISGROUP and turn AUTO off to get rid of all entities. Sometimes this lets you see world brush holes you didn't know were there.

If you get the area portal doesnt touch two areas error a point file should have been made and you can use that.

Thanks for the replies guys. It was totally stuff in the log I didn't notice and then checking the pointfile I found a huge amount of leaks :p.

Hopefull I will have my map ready for release in teh next week or so. Yay!

Back