!! NV Drivers!!

thanks doppel, as I thought, the IQ is steadily decreasing with every new 5x.x driver.

Trust me on this: Nvidia will not com back till NV4x.

Is it safe to remove that driver and then install 45 instead?

It just messed up my computer.

yes you can do that. but you need to restart after uninstall.

Originally posted by WARLORD
does thoses drivers increase speed for TNT2 too?
Probably not, as usually only the latest hardware is considered when patching drivers.

Originally posted by Login_Here
That's why I wait for the official release.

yeah, screw it, i download the new driver, but i may aswell wait for the official release. I don't want to screw anything up, i finally got my pc working nicely.

Originally posted by Login_Here
Is it safe to remove that driver and then install 45 instead?

Uninstalling Detonators never actually erases all traces of them. You have to either reformat/reinstall Windows, or find specialized Detonator removers if you're having problems with the drivers or switching over to ATi. I haven't used one in a while, but you can Google Detonator removers.

nvidia is a buncha crap. "we'll decrease IQ to gain performance, who'll notice?"

yall have been fooled

Originally posted by Fenric1138
it has not always been THAT fast, its always been fast but not THAT fast

Sod it, doesn't matter, I'm not going to waste my time arguing about it lol

i know what you're talking about, I noticed it behaving differently too. I also sometimes get stuck when I'm standing on objects that are floating. I think it has to do with Steam, not with new drivers. Have you played reg HL since downloading Steam?

I have the same thing, but I have a brand new radeon 9800 pro....

Nvidia is......i dont even have a word for them. Why are they decreasing IQ everytime just for fps? Well the only reason i can think of is benchmarks. You guys with the fx cards do realize you lose something like 12% decrease in IQ each time? Maybe nvidia should try to KEEP the IQ, and boost the fps in a different way.

Ahh...new drivers... now you NVidia fanboys can almost get as good a framerate as us ATI supremecists. MUWHAHAHAH!!

Originally posted by Typhon
i know what you're talking about, I noticed it behaving differently too. I also sometimes get stuck when I'm standing on objects that are floating. I think it has to do with Steam, not with new drivers. Have you played reg HL since downloading Steam?

I have the same thing, but I have a brand new radeon 9800 pro....

It's regular HL, I refuse to use Steam until I absolutely have no choice. The crowbar thing only seems to happen in HL itself, haven't noticed it in the mods I've got installed. Only seems to have started since installing the drivers, but since things appear to be running much quicker I'm in two minds about removing them, unless something else crops up (which I think has, relating to .avi files, but then that could be down to the forever never work right DivX sh*tty codecs bleah horrid things lol)

Originally posted by Mac
nvidia is a buncha crap. "we'll decrease IQ to gain performance, who'll notice?"

yall have been fooled

freaking moron. Don't base your opinions on unofficial, beta drivers found on a third party site you biased little dumbass. And anybody that actually gives a shaith and reads the reviews won't be fooled. I hate stupid people...:flame:

I just made some screenshots in Enemy Territory with the 45.23 drivers. As soon as the official 52.XX drivers are released, I'll make new screenshots and check if there are any differences in performance and IQ. I could post the results too, if there are any interesting differences.

Originally posted by Ridic
You guys with the fx cards do realize you lose something like 12% decrease in IQ each time?
I do realise you just made that number up as compensation for the fact that you have nothing usefull to add to this discussion.

Originally posted by Arno
I do realise you just made that number up as compensation for the fact that you have nothing usefull to add to this discussion.

actually i heard something like a *2% or a 2*% decrease with each new driver. I didnt want to say 20% because no one would believe me and i wouldnt say 2% because 2% is not noticable when infact the decrease is noticable.

Originally posted by ShaithEatery
freaking moron. Don't base your opinions on unofficial, beta drivers found on a third party site you biased little dumbass. And anybody that actually gives a shaith and reads the reviews won't be fooled. I hate stupid people...:flame:

Maybe your the freaking moron you douche. Dont go around calling people names because they dissed your favorite company. Nvidia decreases IQ with every new driver and they do it on purpose.

Originally posted by Dhoco X
ATI fanboy...
guy who cant read....

Did i say anything to boost ATi in a fanboy way, or did i just state the facts about nvidia drivers that everyone knows?
If you dont know that nvidia likes to please the benchmarks more than their customers than dont even talk...

well that killed the conversation :)

oh yeah and AA on these new drivers messes up in OGL apps (apps not games)

Originally posted by AnRowan
so are they worth dling or not?

I haven't had any serious crashes since installing them, just noticed (so far) the following

HL1 - crowbar becomes a super fast weapon on dead bodies, everything else normal, game runs very fast and very smoothly now

3D apps, don't use AA or it gives weird artifacts, seems fine in fullscreen though for games. most OGL/DX stuff is noticably faster

DivX.. or avi's, seemed to stop working soon as I installed the drivers, have no idea if its related but DivX is well known to never work right so likely the problem is there somewhere

some useful color controls in the new drivers, more useful than previous versions

Plenty of overlay and dual monitor features

absolutely no idea how it behaves with HL2, nor would I consider any info about it as useful until its released

basically if it doesn't work right, uninstall and put the old ones on. Check out on the net (before installing them) for those detonator removal programs someone else suggested, just incase. Though hopefully you'll be fine

Any idea when they may become official drivers?

nope no idea atall. If you think you can live without them until the official drivers turn up then you probably can.. I dunno mate, they've not changed my life or made the earth move so its not so much a "download them now", more a "well if you want to"

Bare in mind though, someone else on this thread installed them and said they messed up. How bad I dunno.

Lol yea i think I'll wait. I don't feel like troubleshoooting if something goes wrong. Thanks for your help.

Lol yea i think I'll wait. I don't feel like troubleshoooting if something goes wrong. Thanks for your help.

ya welcome :)

Theres gonna be probs with these drivers, when infact they are beta!!.

I.Q for me looks nice, i get 2000 extra points in aquamark3.

Also from what i've read etc etc. These drivers speed up pixel and vertex shader. Trust me when hl2 and other games come out and offical drivers come out, 50.xx. Nvidia cards will be fine running ps 2.0.

Originally posted by voodoomachine

Also from what i've read etc etc. These drivers speed up pixel and vertex shader. Trust me when hl2 and other games come out and offical drivers come out, 50.xx. Nvidia cards will be fine running ps 2.0.

Can anyone with Max Payne 2 (that uses ps 2.0 right?) do some tests to see how it fairs? Or other games or those HDR demo's and see how things work with them

Originally posted by voodoomachine

I seriously doubt that...

hmmmm i have the biggest pos card on the planet right now. the geforce fx 5200 non ultra. ya its a peice of crap. anyways i could barely run halo with specular and shadows off and details set at medium. i got the new drivers and things did increase in the game. i can now run everything at its highest but i have to play in the lowest res. i also lost about 100 3dmark03 points. nividia is crap guys, you just have to admit it like i did. i have seen too many benchmarks with real time games to believe anything different. and for all you nvidia lovers.....go look at benchs. it is just an honest fact that ati is ruling the video card industry with an iron fist right now. its going to take time for nvidia to get its cards and reputation back on track. and dont think that some driver updates and dx 9.1 is going to make up for the hardware problems, they wont. i am happy to say that i will have a new ati radeon 9800 pro in my computer within the next couple of days....just have to wait for fedex.

Sweet. Good for you. I might pickup a 9800 too but I think I'm fine for now. P4 2.4, 512 RDRam, GeForce 4 4200.

yeah im saving up for a ATI 9600 Pro, i too currently have the 5200. Its worse then my previous card, ATI 9000 Pro. I think i need about 70 dollars more to buy one at $250 (AUD)

Is that American US Dollars or Austrailian currency? Sorry if it seems like an obvious question.

I got my 5900 nonultra, and it was a major upgrade from geforce 4 ti 4200 (for all the haters). Some benchmarks favor ATI and some NVidia. ATI beats NVidia at some and, yes believe it or not, NVidia beats ATI in some as well.

as for the beta drivers go, all it did for me was make refresh rate go crap cuz the game resolution was higher than my desktop resolution. And the menus were a little different. I'll wait for official drivers to come out.

Back