!! NV Drivers!!

I just downloaded the latest, and i am very disappointed.

I compared them to the 45.23 and ran 3dmark2003 and3dmark 2001 with both drivers.

My system is:
P4 2.4 ghz
1024Ram
Geforce 4400-ti 128mb

My results are as follows

Old drivers 3dmark2001 : 11 257
New drivers 3dmark2001: 10 798

Old drivers 3dmark2003: 1613
New drivers 3dmark2003: 1594

Needless to say, I rolled back to the older ones.
My brother has a similar system as me, its identical really but he has less ram, and he says that he got massive performance boosts with these drivers.

I didnt try any games, just ran the benchmarks.
Cheers!

Can anyone tell me if they've noticed any difference with the new drivers when using an old GeForce4 MX 440?

I didn't use a benchmark program but I will tell you they made a huge difference with my ti 4200. Only problem is I am having problems with Bf42 (maybe other games, haven't tried it yet) where the textures don't show up in some areas and you will be able to see through objects. If they get this fixed I will be pretty impressed with nvidia as I went from around 40 FPS with 2x aa on to 80 FPS with the same settings, not bad for a simple driver update.

Really?
Yeah my brother said he got massive increase on his ti-4400 as well..
He didnt benchmark either.

I didnt test ANY games I just ran both 3dmark2001 and 2003 and just looked at those results..isnt that all that matters? Or can they still improve gaming performance???
Just wondering.

I can play all games perfcetly well, so I am not really in need of a driver upgrade but i wouldnt mind some more performance until im picking up my radeon xt.

best all around drivers for nvidia for the geforce4 ti4600 are the 30.82's. Anything after that is just nit picking those drivers little things here and there. They are confirmed drivers for nvidia to work flawlessly in %99 of the games out there with no bugs.

Originally posted by BigD
Really?
Yeah my brother said he got massive increase on his ti-4400 as well..
He didnt benchmark either.

I didnt test ANY games I just ran both 3dmark2001 and 2003 and just looked at those results..isnt that all that matters? Or can they still improve gaming performance???
Just wondering.

I can play all games perfcetly well, so I am not really in need of a driver upgrade but i wouldnt mind some more performance until im picking up my radeon xt.
My advice is you open a game, see what FPS you get. Then install the drivers and see if you get a performance increase. You have nothing to lose and it will cost you around 15 minutes of your time.

Back