Release Notes:
Word has it this driver reduces image quality to increase frames per second
Controversial Driver rejected by Valve for use on Half Life 2 Benchmark
English Language file present only in this beta release
Controversial Driver used in the Aquamark3 previews
All nVidia cards are supported in this release
Files are dated: Aug 28, 2003

http://***********/nfto

me neither, ill download mine off the official nvidia site :\ (not like the det50 will help me any, im still on a dx8.1 card)

Aren't they increasing performance at the cost of quality in these drivers?

These drivers work, 3dmark03 score went up.

But, cheating death picks them up as "hacking drivers", so its pretty useless to play half life with...great (!)

Originally posted by twofold

But, cheating death picks them up as "hacking drivers", so its pretty useless to play half life with...great (!)

seriously ? WOW now i have seen everything.

Download new drivers from an unofficial source? No thanks. Windows has enough security problems as it is.

ATI Radeon 9800

ati_halo2.jpg

nVidia Geforce FX 5900 with 50'er dets

nv_halo2.jpg

This has been mentioned othertimes as well, there is something really wrong with the lighting. It's especially apparent in some other benchmarks, like Aquamark 3.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|

Radeon 9800

ATI_9800_SERIES_ps20.jpg

Geforce FX 5900 with 50er dets

5900ultra_ps2.0_TR.jpg

Blurriness on the floor especially anyone?

hha that new driver sucks doesnt improve anything much like nvidia said it would

ahhhahahhaha ahaha that's sooo soo funny.

...The halo pics it just looks like someone turned up/down the brightness/contrast.

LOL. their exactly the same except that the ati is brighter than the nvidia.The only thing that looks weird is the tomb raider one but how can they get the exact same picture with both cards?

Originally posted by KaoS87
LOL. their exactly the same except that the ati is brighter than the nvidia.

Huh? Some objects (the weapon, actual water, and the smaller rocks) are exactly the same in both pictures. It is a lighting issue and how it is calculated by the card.

The only thing that looks weird is the tomb raider one but how can they get the exact same picture with both cards?

The only thing that looks weird is the tomb raider one but how can they get the exact same picture with both cards?

It's a railed demo/benchmark.

Several posts edited to remove un-needed comments.
Am not amused.

Its offical.... Nvidia has gone to rock bottom!

They Lied (Hardly any FPS improve ment in DX 9.0)!
They Cheated (Lower image quality with new DETS)!
They Made Excueses (HL2 benchmark statements)!

It all comes down to:

They Have Made New Crappy Products (FX CARDS)!

Someone need to step in and help Nvidia get back together!

I tried out the new drivers with different benchmarks...no improvement really... BOOO.

Ah well, my 9600 should be here by next week.

i also tried out the new 51.75 drivers, I DID notice an improvement of...1fps...seriously. i only noticed a 1 fps increase in my UT2003 and 3dmark benchmarks. ofcourse this so called "fps improvement" COULD only be in effect when running a game in dx9 mode(although for some reason when i was running the 3dmark benchmark the screen seemed to go black, then back to normal when loading a new scene, like it was changing a video card setting). looks like i better start savin up the ol' green so i can order the new radeon 9800xt...

Originally posted by AmishSlayer
I tried out the new drivers with different benchmarks...no improvement really... BOOO.

Ah well, my 9600 should be here by next week.

u mean u found a sucker over at the Doom3 forums to buy that Nvidia card u had?! man, mircles really do happen :LOL:

Originally posted by Dr. Freeman
u mean u found a sucker over at the Doom3 forums to buy that Nvidia card u had?! man, mircles really do happen :LOL:

Actually Nvidia pwns ATI in Doom3 tests , kthnx.

PS- Im still switching to ATI after I test the REAL 51 drivers. Those pictures look slightly unbelievable to me thnx.

PPS- Amish Ive asked this before , How did you manage that switch? Thanks(no sarcasm this time lol )

The only reason that nvidia cards run well in doom3 is because they're paying Carmack to devise an alternate coding pathway specifically for nvidia cards.

It may run differently in the final version.

Maybe the official ones will be better... They did improve after they pulled that stunt with clip planes, one driver had clip planes and was fast, another driver removed the clip planes but was equally fast (question is how much PS code has been altered :)).
The only thing known about these driver are that they are lousy. Do we even know these are REAL 5x drivers and not really old betas?! Maybe Nvidia has a surprise in store for everyone!

Uhm, sorry, was I asleep? I had a very odd dream... Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, these drivers are very unimpressive and not worth the download :)

what in the hell is nvidia doing?, they are practically slamming another nail in the coffin with every piece of news i hear.

The only reason that nvidia cards run well in doom3 is because they're paying Carmack to devise an alternate coding pathway specifically for nvidia cards.

Thats right Carmarck confirmed it in an email. :)
I dont think nVidia paid him to do it though ID would have intrest in doing it by their own valet nVidia still sells the most cards because their Geforce name are so well known...

I am waiting until HL2 is actually released before deciding on a card. There will be tons of comparisons out then ;)

How is that different than ATI paying Valve 8 million? Its not. Thnx. Plz dont act like its such a unique thing.

Originally posted by Tek
what in the hell is nvidia doing?, they are practically slamming another nail in the coffin with every piece of news i hear.

This isnt official news this is an unofficial leak by an untrustworth person/persons.

Originally posted by DimitriPopov
How is that different than ATI paying Valve 8 million? Its not. Thnx. Plz dont act like its such a unique thing.

becuase valve are doing there best to make nvidia cards work as good as possible.......

THAT is the differance.

dimitri, the difference is that half-life 2 runs fastest on ati cards, so they got together. doom 3 runs fastest on nvidia cards since they "inspired" carmack to code things just for nvidia cards, like 12-bit precision pathways. the cause and effect are reversed.

people already getting back to the ATI pwns all base, when the drivers havnt even been released officilly yet.

Originally posted by DimitriPopov
This isnt official news this is an unofficial leak by an untrustworth person/persons.

its not just this, its everything lately

Do not download any beta drivers, they suck. Always download official released drivers on the Nvidia or Ati site! :)

Originally posted by Sparky the Fox
dimitri, the difference is that half-life 2 runs fastest on ati cards, so they got together. doom 3 runs fastest on nvidia cards since they "inspired" carmack to code things just for nvidia cards, like 12-bit precision pathways. the cause and effect are reversed.

I know thats what Im trying to say. Everyone acts like Nvidia sucks so bad. Its abut money. Valve didnt put effort into coding fo Nvidia.

Back