Nvidia

W

Wheresthenoose?

Is there anyone out there who doesnt hate the FX series???

I don't hate them, in fact I love them. i however have a Radeon 9700 Pro :cheese:

Let me warn you...this board is pooring over with ATi fans. Nonetheless, I've got nothing against NVidia.

On another note; isn't this the wrong forum for this?

:bounce: Nvidia all the way baby!!! :bounce:

I only use nvidia. I also use linux and thats why nvidia only

HL pretty much strengthened the war between the two cards. As soon as everyone found out the ATi were slightly better for HL2 everyone seemed to hate the Nvidia... thats what it has to do with HL.

i like the standard graphic chipsets u get with old computers, like the 8 bit ones

who really needs one of these hunky dory "graphics cards" anyway, its a waste of money, Pong is a great game, Commander keen for eva!

I dont like Nvidia, or there ideals.

but I did like there Geforce 3 line. TIs were good cards.

something leads me to believe this Rift guy isnt serious. Otherwise he's one of those 100 year old people who think that technology hasnt moved in the last 60 years

Originally posted by thenerdguy
I only use nvidia. I also use linux and thats why nvidia only
ATI has linux drivers too, they just released a new version along with the 3.8 :)

And I fail to see the point with this...
If "Is there anyone out there who doesnt hate the FX series???" is a question, then the answer is yes, those that still have an FX after buying it months ago.
If its a claim, then the answer is also yes. Judging from the ??? its a question. Question answered.

ideals? what the? although i have an Nvidia card i dont favour them over ATi... although that funky music demo for the 9800 pro is tipping me...

excuse me mr "wheres the noose" i am quite up to date with technology. i got a new organiser yesterday. what sort of name is wheres the noose anyway?

It was more of question to find people who would agree with me... It just seems alot of people dislike Nvidia... which is fair enough, but i needed to reasured...

i think ur ugly by the way mr "wheres the noose?"

thanks... you seem to be a bit off topic though, "Mr Rift" by the way tool do rock...

yes, i agree, TOOL are the best band in the world, and maynard james keenan is hot

I don't hate nVidia, I'm sitting here with a souped up GF4. I'd have a GF FX but:
1. They're expensive and I'm skint.
2. I would only have the silent version that some OEM makes, and I haven't found one yet.
3. nVidia still produce better drivers imo.

Having said that, if my GF4 can't handle HL2 at 1600*1200 with no AA I might just switch to ATI...

I have to ask. Have you ever tried to make an ATI card with the new drivers work in linux? I have and it took about three hours and games didnt play that well.
This ATI card is a 9700 Pro
Quake 3 had 80 FPS at 1600X1200 with every thing maxed. With an old Geforce 4ti 4800 i have over 110 FPS.

In Unreal 2003 the 9700 had 60 FPS and the gforce4 had 90 FPS

So Ill go with nvidia. :)
in windows it may be differnt but I know what happens in linux. As far as i know Nvidia has better opengl support.

Well i dont favour Nvidia or Ati either way, ive got an old Geforce4 Ti 4200 with 128mb ram and it hasnt given me problems with games just yet.

Though after seeing the way the water ripples in HL2... breathtaking. If this feature is only available in a better card, then i suppose i would take a look after all.

-Razor2yk

Back