Off Limits media update:

simon

Spy
Reaction score
Keats made this media release, thought i'd post it here aswell :p

Off Limits celebrates its second birthday, so a very happy B to the rest of the crew. Two years ago the idea behind Off Limits and the decision to make a HL2 mod out of it were born in some random irc channel on Quakenet. Two years have passed, and I'm proud to say we've built a dedicated team, talented beyond what we've ever hoped and ever working to get this mod out there. To celebrate this, we're showing you some of the media we've been working on, and some screens of our internal alpha v0.3. Oh, and we've baked a cake, ofcourse.

OffLimits_2_Years.jpg

It's about time we showed off some of Coffeeman's work. With the impressive resumé he has as a character animator, our player animations are probably not much of a challenge for him. He did a great job creating fluid animations from scratch, so take a peek at some of the animations you'll soon be playing with:

OffLimits_Vanguard_Sideways.gif

OffLimits_Vanguard_Run.gif

OffLimits_Vanguard_Walk.gif

Anyone else curious as to what Coffeeman could to to our Alien? :twisted:

Onto some of our new models! First we got the Yamaha XJR-1300, almost the only proof that I actually *do* something for the mod (besides coding, but hey, that's hard to show off, ey kronos :D). I modeled this sweet bike quite a while ago; getting one of those is still on my "things to do in life"-list, but in the meantime I'll settle for driving it in the mod. Yup, it'll be driveable. I was lucky to have simon skin it for me, as you can see it's becoming a real beauty (it's still WiP).

OffLimits_Yamaha.jpg

Then we have two variants of a map prop simon modeled and skinned, a flatbed trailer carrying a broken komatsu, and a regular trailer.

OffLimits_Flatbed_Prop.jpg

OffLimits_Trailer_Prop.jpg

Of course, no media update without some new weapon renders. Reason skinned three versions of the Beretta Target, and we held a little poll on our forums; this is the winning skin:

OffLimits_Target.jpg

Jake has been "promoted" (read: we make him work harder), he's now organizing everything weapon-related. We're gonna have some changes, we're going to upgrade most of our weapons to higher-poly versions and do some balance changes as well wrt. the arsenal of both teams. We're also very busy developing internal alpha's. I have to mention kronos here, as he's a tremendous help in the coding department. Currently we're developing alpha v0.4 which should get released in the next week or two. We're gonna keep development internal until we have reached beta stage, then we'll see which way we go. Here are some screenshots of our alpha, showing off the maps and the minimap system (the thing in the top right... it's going to be similar to BF's minimap system, will also be used for spawn selection). The featured maps are ol_stack by simon, ol_damnation and ol_undersiege by purerage (the last one is absolutely *huge*):

OffLimits_map_damnation1.jpg

OffLimits_map_damnation2.jpg

OffLimits_map_damnation3.jpg

OffLimits_map_damnation4.jpg

OffLimits_map_stack1.jpg

OffLimits_map_stack2.jpg

OffLimits_map_stack3.jpg

OffLimits_map_stack4.jpg

OffLimits_map_undersiege1.jpg

OffLimits_map_undersiege2.jpg

OffLimits_map_undersiege3.jpg

OffLimits_map_undersiege4.jpg

Well, that's about it for now. We're living up to a reputation as a crew that doesn't do PR all that much, but rest assured it's only because we're too busy working on the mod :). If you'd like to help us out with that and have some talent in gamedev, feel free to contact us at [email protected] or [email protected] . Mappers are very welcome atm, but we value other help as well.

Pretty good media update. This mod definately looks promising.

The previous updates and concept art also have looked good.

:)

You're the proud of Belgium :p

You definately deserved to be in the PCGameplay mod special.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Welcome to the 2 year old club! There are only a few of us around... Ya'll, us at CW:MP, and I'm sure INS is around 2.... there's a couple others to. Not too many though. :)

Nice update.

Happy belated 2nd birthday to CW:MP as well :)

And keep the input coming everyone!

Looking very nice :)

And yes INS turns two later this summer I believe.

I wonder if LGW is still up, they're even older I think.

Back