Official: Star Wars Episode 7, 8 and 9

kernkraft

Reaction score
I couldn't believe it myself when I read it but it comes from George Lucas himself that Episodes VII, VIII and IX of the Star Wars saga will be made into a tv show.

Official Story

Sorry if this has been posted before since I haven't really checked.

If you thought episodes 1,2 and ( Im assuming) 3 were bad, wait till its made for TV.:):(:(:(:):(:(:(;(

It would be AWESOME to see Mark Hamill back as Luke... Even if he's starting to look as old as Yoda. Maybe this could be good if the scripts and directing responsibilities are kept far away from Lucas...

Evil^Milk said:
LMAO
I don't know if that's good or bad...

As for the tv show, I can only guess the Fox Network executives's reactions when they heard. :E

However, his comments towards the end about Episodes 7, 8, and 9 really got everyone's attention. Mark told those in attendance what Lucas told him the third trilogy would be about. Hamill also went into detail about Lucas' original plans for those films, when they would be made, and more. Plus, Lucasfilm's Jim Ward confirmed that a "Star Wars" TV series is on the way in the near future (though he didn't say when it would be set).

They don't actually say that episodes 7 through 9 will be tv shows, just that a star wars tv series in on the way. Unless you read that somwhere else..

I really don't see what else it could be. It's not a cartoon or a cgi tv show so what else could it be?

$pazmatazz said:
They don't actually say that episodes 7 through 9 will be tv shows, just that a star wars tv series in on the way. Unless you read that somwhere else..
I'm glad I'm not the only person that was confused by how people interpreted that as saying "episodes 7, 8, and 9 will be made into a TV show." In that MP3, the statements about the third trilogy and the TV series are not related (except, by the subject of Star Wars).

Yes, I understand what you guys are saying. I was initially so excited to post it that I didn't really give a good description. Sorry about that.

I think that all signs point to an extension in the future and not in the past and therefore, 7, 8 and 9 :)

Also apparently there is an NDA at ILM not to discuss 7, 8, 9, so make of it what you will :stare:

Hah, and a friend of mine laughed at me when I told him about the ILM stuff and SW7/8/9. I just mailed him that url with a lot of 'pwned' in the message.

Oh noe's I smell a money making scam. wait , didnt that start with episode 1..? *dies also*

It could be okay... the events in 7, 8 and 9 could come from the books, in which case Lucas might only have partial control over the direction...

Maybe those Yuzan Vong things?

A TV series could be cool as well, if they kept George well away from it...

Remember though that the last time Star Wars was made for TV, it was the Christmas Special! :S

Mechagodzilla said:
Remember though that the last time Star Wars was made for TV, it was the [CENSORED] :S
Never bring that... that... thing... up in discussion on a public forum. Think of the children!

* OCybrManO shudders in fear/disgust.

The tv series rumour has been floating around for about 3 months now , at least thats when I first heard of it and the first one I heard it was gonna be a bobba fett based thing. *shrugs*

But certainly I dont think we can assume that 7,8 and 9 would be a tv series. I think lucas may well let others make them into films to frankly redeem the shite of eps one and two :)

It could be ok, I hope Hamil and Ford are invited to the making atleast.

on a side note*

Deposite image for BrianDamage, *Important* too lazy to get it onto FTP.

A Boba Fett series could definately be cool, if done right...

"Boba Fett: Bounty Hunter"?

PS: Thanks, Clarky...
<Goes to get some kitchen foil>

Ugh, on a scale of 1 to shite, this will be shite.

Brian Damage said:
A Boba Fett series could definately be cool, if done right...

"Boba Fett: Bounty Hunter"?

PS: Thanks, Clarky...
<Goes to get some kitchen foil>

lol you spotted that quick, you need to buy special foils ;) highly permeable magnetic foils for the best effects.

on the other note, Id love to see another perspective on the star wars story's.

I'm still waiting for a Darth Maul game....

But episodes 7,8,9... (sp?)

clarky003 said:
It could be ok, I hope Hamil and Ford are invited to the making atleast.

on a side note*

Deposite image for BrianDamage, *Important* too lazy to get it onto FTP.

Haha watched the pic before i read your post. I was like OMG? I've turned dumb..

permeable to magnetic lines of flux. like a non-permeable magnetic material would be something like wood or certain plastics. The lines of flux pass through wood pretty much unaffected making it non-permeable because its not conducting the flux lines.

Mechagodzilla said:
Remember though that the last time Star Wars was made for TV, it was the Christmas Special! :S
lol exactly.. And how many people remember that, or the many cartoon series that have been done in the star wars universe, I bet most would rather forget things like droids or the ewoks

Star Wars as a TV show.. terrible terrible idea

Oh, I thought "permeable" meant that things could pass through... as in the word "Permeate"...

Brian Damage said:
Oh, I thought "permeable" meant that things could pass through... as in the word "Permeate"...

That's what I meant when I asked the question. But no, clarky's right it's the opposite for magnetic materials.

The Dark Elf said:
lol exactly.. And how many people remember that, or the many cartoon series that have been done in the star wars universe, I bet most would rather forget things like droids or the ewoks

Star Wars as a TV show.. terrible terrible idea

Hold on a minute, Ewoks rocked! I never saw Droids though.

Maybe a cartoon series would work out after all! :O

remember that feature movie, something like, 'something'.. Endor, escape from Endor, or something. :rolling:

it had Endor in the title im pretty sure, and Ewoks, and a little girl, and her dad, and their crashed ship..

I wouldnt mind them making some feature movies like that, it had a nice star warsy more casual feel to it.

clarky003 said:
remember that feature movie, something like, 'something'.. Endor, escape from Endor, or something. :rolling:

it had Endor in the title im pretty sure, and Ewoks, and a little girl, and her dad, and their crashed ship..

I wouldnt mind them making some feature movies like that, it had a nice star warsy more casual feel to it.
yeah i remember that *shudders*

and Mecha, no, no it wouldn't work, no never, noooooooooo lol

But really, Star Wars used to be amazing, my favorite films. It's just annoying now and I can't enjoy them anymore ;(;(

shuddering in a good way their Fen...?

if they could bring back that old feel to it,, star wars fans would be putty in Lucas's hands once more.

Neutrino: Ah.

Mechagodzilla said:
Hold on a minute, Ewoks rocked! I never saw Droids though.

Maybe a cartoon series would work out after all! :O

I remember Ewoks.

>>

<<

I liked it...

clarky003 said:

Caravan of Courage and Battle for Endor were cool.

:eek: Oh, dear, God... Why George? Why???

I have very little respect for Lucas these days, since his movies started to blow... and every since he made Jar Jar.

He is, you know, just milking Star Wars for all it's worth, trying to suck even more money out of hardcore SW fans who dedicate their lives to this movie.

I do like Star Wars, and hopefully this will be enjoyable, but if it tries to reach out to viewers in kindergarten the results will be too horrible to describe.

Yeah I Heard about it a mon ago. 7,8 & 9 would be awsome to make.

I love all star wars movies or the upcoming TV-SHOW.

As long as the storeis are original the fans will be happy.

Lucas is doing some serious effort to mess with our childhood memories. :|

It's this defunct American weapons program that I hear George Bush wants to start up again...

Back