OH LOOK AT ME! i'm the matrix trilogy...

You people who are batshit crazy about taking the film so seriously are hilarious. It is technically impossible to get power from a human. This is the basis of the movie. Hence, don't take the movie so goddamn seriously.

The first movie had friggin' sweet action scenes, revolutionary graphics, and pretty awesome acting and a good (but impossible) plot. The second movie had some of the coolest action scenes, ever. The shit about vampires and that french dude was just completely idiotic and unneccesary, and the architect and all that dumb shit. Who cares, it was an action movie, I liked it. The third one had hardly any action, just ridiculousness. It didn't make sense, the acting was atrocious, and everything about the entire thing sucked. Why Zion was't lined to the brim with EMP emittors is beyond me. And why they didn't build weapons that required electricity is also beyond me. All of the politics, all of the death of Neo and Smith, all of that just made no sense.

Grey Fox said:
Wait, the one is made by the matrix, simply because they need a central leader to lead all the people that simply resist the matrix, out of the matrix so it's easier for the machines to squish them. This gives people hope and yet also makes them more venerable because they are so dependent on the one.
They destory zion and kill the one ever so often when he becomes to strong. And let the process start over again.

Yeah, that's what they allowed to happen repeatedly, but they saw it as a glitch. Every time the either the good one or the evil one (smith) wins and destroys the system.

They stopped the glitch from recurring by neutralizing both of them.

Mechagodzilla said:
Yeah, that's what they allowed to happen repeatedly, but they saw it as a glitch. Every time the either the good one or the evil one (smith) wins and destroys the system.

They stopped the glitch from recurring by neutralizing both of them.

I swallowed the part about there being numerous 'One's and interpreted it as a deliberate measure like GreyFox did. But hmm, this is the first I've heard about there being more than one Smith in the past. Maybe I just forgot.

Whatever, it still leaves the massive gap of HOW does the human/machine conflict resolve; the machines need the humans for power and the humans want out of the Matrix, so how does the death of Neo and Smith change anything? There is still an essential conflict of interests between the humans and machines. By leaving the Zion-humans without a 'One' the machines are by their own reasoning making the humans harder to keep track of and control - that is, the original concept behind allowing the One to exist - and thereby maybe leaving a massive problem for themselves for the future. I find it ridiculous that they would jeopardise their own existence and refrain from wiping out the humans at the end, especially on the basis of a promise, when they could just squash them = machine victory (at least for another few centuries).

Sounds to me that we're getting to the point where we're making up the missing plot for the Wachowski brothers, especially since the story starts out so clear-cut and then gets progressively more obscure, interspersed with no-brainer SFX, stupid 'cool' plot elements like the vampires and topped off with the hammiest ending ever. Seems like they lost control of it, and then stopped caring because the franchise was still worth a ton of cash.

I'm basing the multiple smith thing on the idea that the same sequence of events always repeats itself.
He becomes the anti-one at basically the same minute neo does in the first movie, so there is some sort of relation.

At the end, only the people who want to leave do. The majority stay. The alternative is that the system is restarted and they invariably go through everything again.

I think of the matrix as a jail or zoo that they might use for occasional jolts to recycle some of the operating cost.
At no point do they say it's used as a continous power source. So I don't imagine their entire existence depends on it.
The victory for the machines isn't that the matrix continues existing. It's that they don't have escaped convicts constantly trying to destroy their city.
Again, the robots as a whole aren't kill-bots. They're basically human minds in metal bug bodies, so pity does exist for them.

^Especially if you've watched the Second Rennaissance. The robots try diplomacy.

Yeah, the animatrix is the closest sequel to the original.

I'm surprised that comparatively few people have heard of it.

Most average people I ask don't care for it.
I loved it.
I don't quite understand how in the 2nd Ren the bots "had nothing to fear" from nukes, as nukes produce a nice EMP, but whatever. Superb animation.

Some of it worthy of nightmares.

what...WHAT...have i started

i go away for a few days and check back and its onto its 6th page of debate. you internet kiddies are KAH-RAZEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This is a very good real life example of the scene in Galaxy Quest where the Group of Geeks comes up to Tim Allen while hes signing autographs near the start of the film and tells him theres a few problems with the ship and stuff. Then Tim Allen tells them its just a movie. ITS JUST A MOVIE. Why are we trying to convince ourselvs that this could actually happen, as much as we would like it to be true, the fact of the matters is, its just a really ausome movie.

Everyone wants to make the movie but no one wants to just get the coffees, sit back and enjoy the show.

Sparda said:
It seems to me that a few of you have know idear what the **** you are on about because you don't understand it at all.

It seems to me that the word "idea" does not have an "r" in it.

lol.

Meanwhile, I wholly support the championing of Jurassic Park as the film with the most believable special effects ever. Even when the monsters were CGI and not robots (eg Rex eating Gallimimus, half the raptor shots).

(All the brachiosaur shots)
The CGI shots were almost indiscernable from the animatronics. It was pretty amazing for 93.

_Z_Ryuken said:
(All the brachiosaur shots)
The CGI shots were almost indiscernable from the animatronics. It was pretty amazing for 93.

Hell Yeah. Its fairly obvious which shots involve animatronics and CGI. I'd like to see them make a T-rex run like that using animatronics hehe.

the_wolf27 said:
Hell Yeah. Its fairly obvious which shots involve animatronics and CGI. I'd like to see them make a T-rex run like that using animatronics hehe.
Give them 5 years.

Back