Ok guys, I have the PCZone with 10+ pages of info

Status
Not open for further replies.
lmao, I just realised that for the first time in gameing history a country other than the USA gets the newest details of a big game first.

Heheh, I just felt like pointing that out... you know, that its about time we got something you dont allready have :p

nice

Thanks a lot, shuzer. I've never seen that page before :)
Even though it's expensive, I'll probably spring for the collector's edition. I mean, it's not every day that a Half-Life is released, eh?
I do have one question about the Steam-based package, however. After all is said and done, and I've basically downloaded every HL2 expansion/mod/whatever that exists, am I still going to pay $10 every month just to continue playing? HL2 is going to be a big thing for me, and if I get stuck paying that charge for the next year or so, I will be even more broke than usual. It sure sounds better to pay the extra for the Collector's Edition in the first place.

P.S. That better be an estimation for the price of the Collector's edition. If they really plan to charge $141 for it... Then I'll still buy it ;(
Maybe my currency converter is just wrong, though.

EDIT: Sorry about the pay to play mix-up. There was a time a couple months ago when I took a hiatus from visiting the forums due to the lack of new information. I guess I missed out on some stuff. I have read through the whole Valve E-mail thread, but I guess I forgot some of it. Thanks for the corrections anyways.

germany had 1st doom3 info aswell ... and ut2k3 ... i reamember the video's very well ;) and unreal 2 even ....

Every game is pay 2 play in one form or another. Unless its warez.

TheSoupNazi said:
I mean, it's not every day that a Half-Life is released, eh?

Well if you look around at all the various online retailers, then yes, it is released every day!! :naughty:

Roll on e3 and the release date. Altho, little good that'll do us as I'm sure it will be months of agonising suspense!

blarg

alehm said:
Every game is pay 2 play in one form or another. Unless its warez.
We're talking monthly.

And RoguePsi, if we listen to Amazon, it was released more than three decades ago. Lucky old timers...

To play Half-Life 2 and to get all of its extra content you will not be required to pay a monthly fee.

Just saw new pczone magazine!!!

Holy Crap I found the magazine...It is amazing I can't wait,, If this doesn't come out by june then valve really sucks!!!! Stop teasing us...lol..

no seriously use the links from the www.halflife2.net Oh and does anyone know if this puppy will run good on a 2.4xp with a 9600pro??? or do I need to get a new 6800 or r420 for this bad boy???

Starting to save pennies now :thumbs:

Those specs will be more than sufficient. The article hints that they may be slightly increasing the minimum specs but they're saying at least 1.0GHz with a DX6 (maybe DX7) card.

tennistoad said:
Holy Crap I found the magazine...It is amazing I can't wait,, If this doesn't come out by june then valve really sucks!!!! Stop teasing us...lol..

Yes they will really suck.... :sleep:

tennistoad said:
no seriously use the links from the www.halflife2.net Oh and does anyone know if this puppy will run good on a 2.4xp with a 9600pro??? or do I need to get a new 6800 or r420 for this bad boy???

What links are you talking about? And if you have the magazine/seen it, then you should have read the minimum specs in there (ps it will run fine on your system)

Anyhoo, welcome to the forums (and there are a couple of threads about this topic so this will probably be closed)

TheSoupNazi said:
And RoguePsi, if we listen to Amazon, it was released more than three decades ago. Lucky old timers...

Yeah, I saw that. That's why I avoid such a non-specific retailer - always make mistakes!

:rolleyes: Well, it was once scalable to a system that supports DX6 (not sure if thats still the case) so yes, your system will play it fine, altho I doubt you'd get anywhere near top specs. Upgrading really depends on how nice you want it to look.

[edit] Ok, I must be tired but I just replied twice to different things thinking it was different threads, and also took so much time that someone beat me to it. D'oh! :dozey:

new stuff excites me.

Annoying people. Pay to play is not required. You can buy the "official" mods in retail stores for sure (Like CS2, TF2).

The "crappy" mods, however will be free for sure. Just download them. I hope they dont make NS2 an official mod. That is, if they even make NS2. Which would kick some serious ass. Im drooling in anticipation of everything now.

In the german magazine PC Games you can read (if you can :cheers: ), that they played on a PC with Pentium-3-CPU (?), 256 MB RAM&Radeon 9800 (Pro?).

tennistoad said:

I'm all for optimism at times but it seems some people here are letting themselves get carried away again with the release date just like in April. It's not gonna hit that soon man. They are targeting summer for COMPLETION. Assuming all goes well then it will be finished by the end of the summer. I say September at the earliest. I'd love to be wrong on that of course

ARRGH IT IS SO ANNOYING PPL COMPARING FC WITH HL2!!

i have fc. ok it is good graphics (sometimes cartoony but that is what i think) it is good graphics yes, BUT the phsics isn't involved with every single object in the game.

i mean there are some boxes that cant move, in hl2 everything will have phsics. fc is ok but 3rd person cut scenes hmmm. and seperate levels. and some levels are just get from one side to the other lol.

Also the monsters come in really fast into the game without a good cut scene they should of added showing the first one come out or getting out of control.

hl2 will blow everything that comes in its way that is released so far and all that is to come in the near future.

CANT wait to get my hands on PC ZONE!!!! :D

thanks for the gr8 info

ok....not to disrespect or anything....but if theres 10 pages of info and people are talking roller mines, machine guns and whatnot, why not elaborate? Sorry, I live the the States and its the 28th and my PCGamer hasn't come yet...please "paraphrase" so it won't be totally illegal and post more...
thanks

for those who are confused about pay to play it is basically £5 a month and u save alot more then ppl who will buy cs2, hl2, tf2 in the future. they will spend around £30 for each package. But for the steam users it will be £5 a month but stops when u have the full game on your computer. Why would valve make u pay £5 a month even when u have the whole game on ur computer! lol come on ppl. if valve says it is cheater to use steam then buy the game in the store for £32 then hey go for it. Me personally... I am going to use my coupon to buy hl2. PLUS going to by the collectors addition hehe

Nice post, waiting on my damn PCGamer to come in the mail...I thought it was suppose to be here already...

Good stuff.

that was an awsome preview :thumbs:

way to go Gamezone!

-the voice acting (make it a cinimatic as possible) sounds sweet.. can wait! really... im tried of waiting :(

ah well

pc zone for us Brits tomoz YAY
then PC gamer will be 13th may which will basically say the same as PC zone says tomorrow

so Valve is going to say a release date for hl2 at E3?

WHEN IS E3! hehehe it is may yea (YAY 1st may on saturday) But when is E3?

I do wonder how PC Zone came under the impression that Far Cry is the FPS king that HL2 has to beat. For most people, it's still HL after 6 years. HL is the FPS benchmark, not FC.

commando: they said they hope to have a releasedate at e3, it's not a certainty, although it's likely. E3 is 12-14 may.

FarCry is the benchmark for FPS out of the DX9 generation of games.

FarCry is the best DirectX 9.0 FPS available (it's the only DirectX 9.0 FPS available but that's besides the point).

i just noticed in the 6th scan you can see a combine soldier in mid-stride shooting at the antlion, which shows new content we havnt seen before. just like that part in the article when he shoots at the combine soldiers and they run away just wildly spraying for covering fire.

OoOoooOooo who knows man i am guessing a big YES. because it is prob basically done so i dont see why not. i even think i heard from someone in another thread that it will be.

thehunter1320 said:
grrrr... damn brits... WHAT ABOUT US YANKS!?!?!

*insert we f*cking colonized your country statement here*

thats why bitch! :thumbs:

J/K.

commando said:
OoOoooOooo who knows man i am guessing a big YES. because it is prob basically done so i dont see why not. i even think i heard from someone in another thread that it will be.
YAY !
i hope so !
and annouce a release date !
This E3 Gonna ROXX !

11th scan, nice idle animation for the combine on the machine gun turret

Damn, here in Germany we get the new HL2 stuff first, but you get much more information about HL2... :flame:

Wow, the pictures from teh magazine sure do look impressive. Almost as impressive as the asswooping we gave the British back in the day (that's for you Dougy!) I wonder what the system specs were when demo was run. Anyone have any idea?

Quixote said:
Wow, the pictures from teh magazine sure do look impressive. Almost as impressive as the asswooping we gave the British back in the day (that's for you Dougy!) I wonder what the system specs were when demo was run. Anyone have any idea?

read up on yer history boy.

least we didnt loose to the VC. :E

Dougy said:

J/K.

OMG! E-mail Bush and tell him that you have a bunch of oil! Then we'll see who's laughing. Muahahahhahaha!

kaf11 said:
i just noticed in the 6th scan you can see a combine soldier in mid-stride shooting at the antlion, which shows new content we havnt seen before. just like that part in the article when he shoots at the combine soldiers and they run away just wildly spraying for covering fire.

Scans? Magazines don't have scans. Unless...

read up on yer history boy.

least we didnt loose to the VC.

Statistically wise we didn't lose, we inflicted 5x the casualties they inflicted upon us. Only reason we started to lose was because of political tie downs. Otherwise, we would have kicked their asses left and right.

Dougy said:

J/K.
Please, don't even kid about this.

The British/English really are great fighters, but they are very sore losers. To this day I have to hear shit about the revolutionary war... drop it, please. We can't turn this thread into a flame war.

Off topic still, is it true that they don't teach the American Revolution in schools in Britain, the UK, England, or whatever the hell is the official name of the place?

hey can some one "email me the scans" wink wink. just like one page or something....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back