Ok so now I REALLY did finish preloading half life 2...on 56k

S

SenenCito

Arrived home last night to see that beautiful 100% completion screen :bounce: :bounce:

It was much faster this time since I let the computer connected almost the entirety of the weekend and other days
I was at 58.5 on october 14, 5:30pm and I got home at 6pm today october 20 to see it full

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Wow now that's a dedicated 56 k'er. Congrats man. If I were you I'd probably have tossed the computer onto the mailman's head by now. That's cool for stickin' with it. You certainly deserve the game now!

you are a dedicated man

If i knew how to use paypal i'd donate $40 so i can buy you your first month of broadband

SenenCito said:
Arrived home last night to see that beautiful 100% completion screen :bounce: :bounce:

It was much faster this time since I let the computer connected almost the entirety of the weekend and other days
I was at 58.5 on october 14, 5:30pm and I got home at 6pm today october 20 to see it full

your astounding patience and perseverence are an inspiration to us all... or to me, at least. 'course, i'm not that hard to impress.

thanks guys..now I just hope the final download before playing isnt big at all, I really want to play this game

Gay 56ker

DAMMN YOU 56ker culters .. you people invade our css rooms n lag our freakin lives to a hault OMG they r attacking us .

Gabe said that HL2 should be about 3.5 gig uncompressed, so there shouldn't be much left.

Should e-mail valve telling them you preloaded all of it on 56k because your really dedicated. They might get impressed and send you something. :D

SnowBall said:
Should e-mail valve telling them you preloaded all of it on 56k because your really dedicated. They might get impressed and send you something. :D

haha I did on the last phase, the response I got was, and I quote "cool"

Mrmanwithsuit said:
DAMMN YOU 56ker culters .. you people invade our css rooms n lag our freakin lives to a hault OMG they r attacking us .

Heheh don't worry about me, I don't play CS ;)

I do however want to play planetside..ohh the pains of not having dsl

Wesisapie said:
:rolling: why not buy retail? :rolling:

because I had the ati vouches plus I wanted the gold version

btw my folder weighs in at 4.79 gb it has CSS HL2, HL1 and opposing force

yeah im a masochist

You perseverance deserves commendation. Good work, I would've just bought the ratil one though if I were you. I guess if you want to play it the moment it's released though then steam was the only way to do it.

SenenCito said:
I let the computer [stay] connected almost the entirety of the weekend and other days...
Either you have a dedicated phone line or you don't get many calls.

the amount your phone bill tallys up to will probably be more then getting a 1 month broadband contract

Mountain Man said:
Either you have a dedicated phone line or you don't get many calls.

second one, I usually just let it connected during the night, my sister would wake me up early to disconnect it, I got used to that, I rarely could leave it during the day because of shared usage.

And I repeat again, I dont get charged per mb download, so the phone bill will just be the same as usual

Is that kind of like winning the special olympics?

Would that really be a big problem with steam seeing as how it uses the whole BT thing... although i remember correctly if something got corrupted in the hash file it would hafta restart that section again

i'm not 100% on how it works again

aeroripper said:
you are a dedicated man

If i knew how to use paypal i'd donate $40 so i can buy you your first month of broadband

thats assuming his area has the technology for broadband.
not all areas have it.. and so pple are stuck with 56K without any choices... i know because it has happened to me in the past in my old neighborhood.

god, I remember the days of 56K, I used to think it really cool if I got a ping less than 200 in game's.

SenenCito said:

now back the files up QUICK , just incase something gose wroung lol
you dont want to be doing that again lol

...And now we all complain when its over 30.. We are all broudband whores. At least I am.

Dr. Freeman said:
thats assuming his area has the technology for broadband.
not all areas have it.. and so pple are stuck with 56K without any choices... i know because it has happened to me in the past in my old neighborhood.

Or they could get ISDN ;)

Back