OMG voices!

Mr. Redundant

Reaction score
wow, I was not expecting a reply to my .mail.com email addy... and yet I got one!
Rick Ellis = The man :)
in order to avoid being redundant, heres a link to my post in the "valve info thread"

and HERE is the list

Robert Guillaume - Dr. Eli Vance
Robert Culp - Dr. Wallace Breen
Lou Gossett, Jr. - Vortigaunt
Michelle Forbes - Dr. Judith Mossman
Merle Dandridge - Alyx Vance
Mike Shapiro - Barney Calhoun
Harry S. Robins - Dr. Isaac Kleiner
Jim French - Father Grigori
John Patrick Lowrie - Citizens/Misc. characters
Mary Kae Irvin - Citizens/Misc. characters

I added pictures, click on most of the names for their picture... I couldnt find some of them though :) (most were recognizable to me) wewt

I KNEW MOSSMAN SOUNDED FAMILIAR, 24 Season 2 alert.

the guy who's the voice of Dr. Breen seems to be in a lot of old movies, I ran a search on google and I got a bunch of movies, but none I've ever heard of.

the voice of Eli Vance, Robert Guillaume, was in the movie The Big Fish. He was the doctor.

also, Merle Dandridge, who's the voice of Alyx, was in Jesus Christ Superstar :dozey:

I wasn't expecting the Vortigaunt's voice to be from that guy.

Interesting, i recognised a few of the voices, nice to know who they are.

the girl who voices Alyx kind of looks like her in real life :eek:

Damn Alyx's voice woman is Fine.

id hit it.

Mary Kae Irvin: http://www.toposwopetalent.com/individual_talent.php?key=56

JIM FRENCH (voice of government loyalty oath) is a Seattle broadcasting legend, the longtime host of "The Jim French Show" on KIRO Newsradio. Winner of the Silver Mike Award, with his wife Pat he has written and produced nearly 500 radio dramas, including THE ADVENTURES OF HARRY NILE, KINCAID THE STRANGESEEKER, THE FURTHER ADVENTURES OF SHERLOCK HOLMES, and IMAGINATION THEATER.

http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,22324/

jonh patrick: http://www.theactorsgroup.com/details.php?id=33&name=John Patrick Lowrie&seltalent=Events

Seems that kleiner and barny are the same voice overs as HL1

Mr Redundant, your rock! :D

Haha Robert Guillaume was that monkey in the Lion King and lots of other famous movies.. Check IMDB!

Mary Kae Irvin (misc female Citizens etc) voiced the AI and tram ride in Gunman Chronicles

Nice trailer for HL2 on Merle's website :D

But they stole some music from Outcast! GAH!

CrazyHarij said:
Nice trailer for HL2 on Merle's website :D

But they stole some music from Outcast! GAH!

It also says its a PS2 title coming out in december, well bugger me :O

CrazyHarij said:
Mr Redundant, your rock! :D

Haha Robert Guillaume was that monkey in the Lion King and lots of other famous movies.. Check IMDB!

Oh man, I can totally hear that in his voice, awesome.

So I guess that Mary Kae Irvin did that voice for the chick in the trailer who says "what are we going to do?"

awesome thread.

Triggerhappy41 said:
nice. none of the links work for robert guillaume tho.

You'll need to type the link in manually.

Nice Redundant... I love checking the voice actors in games.
Checked Merles homepage? It says she'll star in an upcomming playstation 2 game, namely Half-Life 2... Eeew, that's just plain rude...

thats one hairy chest Mike Shapiro!, umm is it me, but do you think valve have put some of their facial trates into the charaters? that woman who does Alyx's voice has a resemblance in her face , kinda

lol Dr Breen did guest appearances on the Gargoyles cartoon series, lmao

I find the voice actors resemblence of there game charecters quite funny!

On a side note I find it fun to play the xen area of Hl1 while listening to MAjor Tom By Peter Schilling :)

clarky003 said:
umm is it me, but do you think valve have put some of their facial trates into the charaters? that woman who does Alyx's voice has a resemblance in her face , kinda

I noticed that on Merle Dandrige's site bio her mother was asian and father was black, and in HL2 Alyx's father obviously is black and Alyx does have a bit of an asian look in a lot of the footage and art, it seems like VALVe made the voice actors match up in strange ways

hahahahhaahahaha, major tom, omg, zero g man.

Its great to see valve bringing in decent actors for the voices, after Pandora Tommorow anything is an improvement, but HL2's voice acting seems top notch.

Aphal said:
I noticed that on Merle Dandrige's site bio her mother was asian and father was black, and in HL2 Alyx's father obviously is black and Alyx does have a bit of an asian look in a lot of the footage and art, it seems like VALVe made the voice actors match up in strange ways
yeah I Thought the same thing a while back based on the picture in the lab

btw nice eye, and deduction ;)

Lobster said:
I find the voice actors resemblence of there game charecters quite funny!

Right down to Barney's hairy chest!

oops! I shouldn't have mentioned that scene...stuff from the beta isn't allowed... :O

;)

EDIT: Just for clarification...I haven't played the stolen game and am talking out my ass...

Lobster said:
I KNEW MOSSMAN SOUNDED FAMILIAR, 24 Season 2 alert.

Explain?

I'm not sure who you mean here.....

who's mossman?

the woman in the lift in the e3 2004 vid is mossman,, as for 24 season 2 alert...? wtf? lol

I mean come one! Your doing THE voice in HL2 and don't even mention Valve or that it's a PC game damnit.

Maybe she just isn't as interested in video games as much as we are, and doesn't care whether it's on the SNES, PS2, PC, or whatever

as for that 24 season 2 alert. He probably means the show "24" and that actress is in season 2.

Mr. Redundant said:
star trek. she played a character

Yes , and to the people shouting wtf, she was in 24 season 2 as the presidents aide, she died towards the end falling down a stairwell, but thats progress for you.

Back