OMG voices!

Well, I guess from looking at the voice cast we can assume that the Vortigaunts will be able to speak english in Half-Life 2.

Robert Culp has been in many movies/TV shows I've seen.
My brother really likes The Greatest American Hero that he was in. lol
Good old shows.

I'm pretty sure the guy who does Kliener/Barney is the one who does the g-man. Bits just sound familiar.

What´s up with Dr. Kleiner?? His name is Isaac Kleiner? I thought he is called Walter Kleiner!?

Mr. Redundant said:
good point... not only that, but I think there may be one vortigaunt that takes a slightly larger role...
Lou Gossett, Jr. - Vortigaunt
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001283/

Xonxt! :E

(Played POV? Couldn't resist.)

Any sound clips of that Gossett dude talking? Though, I have the feeling that the in-game Vort's voice would have some heavy processing on it...

[EDIT]: And now we know some of the character's full names. Isaac Kleiner (I think the dude you're thinking of, King dude, is Walter Bennet), Wallace Breen...

Hey, does anyone here know a real-life Breen? If it exists in the real world, it can't be a very common name...

For anyone bored enough to compare the breencast with Robert Culp he's on TV in the UK on...

-----------------------------
The Ray Bradbury Theatre
Channel: SCI FI 102
Date: Saturday 12th June 2004
Time: 06:30 to 07:00 (starting in 23 days)
Duration: 30 minutes.
The Long Years.
Renowned author Ray Bradbury presents a series of eerie tales based on his own stories. A space crew lands on Mars and finds a family unchanged after twenty years. Guest starring Robert Culp and George Touliatos. Presented by Ray Bradbury.

Inside Out
Channel: Five 5
Date: Friday 21st May 2004
Time: 15:35 to 17:30 (starting in 2 days)
Duration: 1 hour and 55 minutes.
Action adventure about a ruthless German bounty hunter's plot to free a war criminal who knows the whereabouts of a shipment of wartime gold. The ex-army officer teams up with a group of Americans to free the notorious Nazi from his high-security prison with the intention of forcing him to disclose where a German military shipment of gold has been concealed since World War II.
Director: Peter Duffell
Starring: Telly Savalas, James Mason, Robert Culp, Aldo Ray, Charles Korvin
(Subtitles, Stereo, 1975, PG, 2 Star)

Sunday in New York
Channel: TCM 103
Date: Monday 7th June 2004
Time: 17:05 to 19:00 (starting in 19 days)
Duration: 1 hour and 55 minutes.
Enjoyable and sexy comedy, with Jane Fonda as a young woman debating whether to surrender her virginity or hold out until her wedding day. Her worldly-wise airline pilot brother causes a startling change in her attitudes.
Director: Peter Tewksbury
Starring: Cliff Robertson, Jane Fonda, Rod Taylor, Robert Culp, Jo Morrow
(1963, U, 3 Star)

For the really bored you can record his voice, edit it and make your very own City 17 TV, Blue Peter style :p

Brian Damage said:
Any sound clips of that Gossett dude talking? Though, I have the feeling that the in-game Vort's voice would have some heavy processing on it...

Watch Enemy Mine, he did a fishvoice for his alien character in that. I imagine its similarish.

i was wondering about Walter the scientist as well.. he hasn't been mentioned and Mr. Redundant hasn't provided a voice actor... hmm..

is he not part of HL2 or something? :O

Robert Guillaume was the car salesman in an episode of fresh prince.

..I think.

Robert Guillaume is great. Most of you probably aren't old/American enough to remember the TV show, Benson, but he was good in that. He was also on Sports Night. Don't know if any of that was mentioned yet.

Also, I think the Gman has a computer-generated voice. Especially if you listen to him in HL1. Maybe it's because he is an android sent back from the future to kill John Connor. Or maybe Gordon Freeman. Same difference.

Brian Damage said:

A soundclip from the series "roots" with Kunta Kinte heh

Would be funny if they came out with a movie of HL. All of the live characters would be instantly familiar.

quote from Merles (voice of Alyx) homesite:

" Merle's provided the voice for Alyx Vance in Playstation 2's Half Life 2 which is due out in December. Click to see Half Life 2 trailer."

For playstation 2 :O

That's because he's the ressurrected ghost of the Amiga 500's "Say" program...

I think they didn't want to reveal the actor behind G-man cause he's really Gordon. But they can't reveal Gordon's voice actor either cause Gordon can't speak.

Updating Information for Half-Life 2 (2003) (VG)
Updates submitted. Thank you!

Your updates have been sent to IMDb for processing and you will shortly receive a more detailed acknowledgment via email. The updates will be examined by our editors and, if approved, will normally appear on the site between 7-28 days.

For questions on the submission process we recommend visiting the Contributors Help message board. We also publish a contributors email newsletter with advice, tips and details of new policies. To sign up, visit our mailing lists page.

The reference number for your submission is 040519-104627-054003 and this batch has been added to your update history.

IMDb ^_^

"Now you listen to old vorti if you wants to keep alive! You in city-17 now! here me talking nigga? you - in - city-17!"

That would just be awsome! :D

Now we know what Barney really looks like we can go get our Beers :cheers:

hehe, Enemy Mine.. that was actually a great movie... havent seen it in ages though, whenever I think of Enemy Mine it reminds me of The Last Star Fighter >:)

Mr. Redundant said:
hehe, Enemy Mine.. that was actually a great movie... havent seen it in ages though, whenever I think of Enemy Mine it reminds me of The Last Star Fighter >:)

Loved both movies (even though both were on the cheesy side).

heheh I love one line from The Last Star Fighter...:

Grig: You're still on Earth: classic military strategies, surprise attack...
Alex: It'll be a slaughter!
Grig: That's the spirit!!
Alex: No, MY slaughter!

hey.. I didnt know Lou Gossett, Jr. was in the punisher (the old one)... oh yeah... cool, that was a good movie (kinda cheesy but most of the old good ones are)

I like "Great. I'm about to [die a horrible death], and a gung-ho iguana tells me to relax..."

(Not sure what goes in the [].)

ScopeD said:
I think they didn't want to reveal the actor behind G-man cause he's really Gordon. But they can't reveal Gordon's voice actor either cause Gordon can't speak.

Thus completely contradicting your original point.

They cant reveal the G-man cos he might be gordons voice

but then you say gorodon doesnt have a voice actor so why then couldnt they reveal the gman?

right........ :dozey:

Classic Lou Gossett Jr.....Iron Eagle. Very fun movie...never win an award, but very fun.

BD: I look it up....think it goes something like: "Great. I'm about to
get killed a million miles from nowhere and a gung-ho iguana is telling me to relax!" classic line :)

Yeah, I think that's the bunny.

I like how casually Grig states the number of his offspring.

speaking of the last starfighter... do you remember the arcade game he played that started the whole mess? ("The last star fighter" dur :p) I remember thinking that the gfx in that game were pretty damn good when I was a kid... its funny, gaming goes through these visual changes, and I think... "OK it wont ever get better than this!" and it does... but today we see things like Farcry, HL2, and Doom3 ... and even more apparent FEAR... and say "yawn"

hehe, wonder what games will look like 5-10 years from now.

I think games'll eventually be things that you plug directly into your brain (A cliche, I know), and they'll use the most powerful GPU/CPU in the world... The human imagination.

Or maybe I'm just crazy.

Brian Damage said:
I think games'll eventually be things that you plug directly into your brain (A cliche, I know), ans they'll use the most powerful GPU/CPU in the world... The human imagination.

Or maybe I'm just crazy.
OMfG teh MATriS Hus J00!

stp Hax0ring m1 Braaain!!!!

i see them making some huge planet sized MMORPG but on an engine kinda like stalker, doom3, hl2, combined x5, and people will simply simply not go outside cause there virtual life is better!

Lobster said:
and people will simply simply not go outside cause there virtual life is better!

no no no, in the FUTURE, not now... geez :p

(Im totally kidding, just letting that be known, dont want to be mobbed by people assuming I have no life, or thinking I was insinuating others have no life)

errr that vortigaunt mention might be consider a spoiler..

Back