On the Easter Egg

SMT said:
I dunno Fenric, I think the sign said "Speed Limit 30" because it's a curvy road on the side of a cliff overlooking the ocean. The speed limit couldn't very well be 65, could it? :rolling:
and in C17, and other area's. Just seem very prominant to me, and the whole 30 and 30th fits. And the fact they don't have the heart to say anymore, after what happened. I think I'd not want to say neither.

If I'm right I want a t-shirt! :D

Fenric said:
and in C17, and other area's. Just seem very prominant to me, and the whole 30 and 30th fits. And the fact they don't have the heart to say anymore, after what happened. I think I'd not want to say neither.

If I'm right I want a t-shirt! :D

You're on. Will any t-shirt do? Because I've got a Deus Ex: Invisible War shirt that I'm dying to get rid of ASAP. I think it's killing my houseplants. :upstare:

Fenric said:
The heart of spine to tell us

in that case I still say even more now that it was the signs with the 30 speed limit on, 30, 30th september.

I have to say this is one of the better theories.

But I have a question: when those videos were released, had they already announced Sept 30th?

If they didn't, than that would be a good EE and I can see the reason behind the "heart and spine" line from Greg.

But if they had already told us, would telling us again in a video really be an easter egg?

I don't remember when what was annouced/released though.

Someone said:
I have to say this is one of the better theories.

But I have a question: when those videos were released, had they already announced Sept 30th?

If they didn't, than that would be a good EE and I can see the reason behind the "heart and spine" line from Greg.

But if they had already told us, would telling us again in a video really be an easter egg?

I don't remember when what was annouced/released though.
I don't know if they gave that release date at E3 when they showed those vids or not. But it would seem to fit.

Greg, Gabe, Rick, Eric, Doug, come on lads, put us out of our misery. Purdy please? :E

Fenric said:
I don't know if they gave that release date at E3 when they showed those vids or not. But it would seem to fit.

Greg, Gabe, Rick, Eric, Doug, come on lads, put us out of our misery. Purdy please? :E

Yeah, they gave the Sept. 30 date at E3 2003.

At the end of the Gamespy video you can hear Gabe say "Half-Life 2 will be available September 30th."

The road signs are not the Easter Egg...I read an interview some time ago where people were listing things that it could possibly be. Whoever was interviewed(think it was Gabe) made it clear that it wasn't. I'm pretty sure he gave a hint too. Oh well, so much HL2 information cluttered around!

I have been saying this since last year............In the strider vid where the strider blow with his beam the bridge, there were three letters as I remember its was "THK"; these letters stand for something you can find somewhere or its stand for a way to get to the egg or finaly its the egg. :D

heart, or spine

...maybe he referred to the h_gibs.mdl found at the end of the traptown vid when that car blows up and gibs the zombie. Those are h_gibs.

Or not.

Gorgon said:
I have been saying this since last year............In the strider vid where the strider blow with his beam the bridge, there were three letters as I remember its was "THK"; these letters stand for something you can find somewhere or its stand for a way to get to the egg or finaly its the egg. :D

That's a nice theory, but if you've been saying it since last year and you still haven't found the Easter egg, then it doesn't mean much.

SMT said:
That's a nice theory, but if you've been saying it since last year and you still haven't found the Easter egg, then it doesn't mean much.

LOL............or because I haven't played the game yet ....... :E

Gorgon said:
LOL............or because I haven't played the game yet ....... :E

Neither have I, Gorgon (didn't it used to be G0rgon?) but that's not the point. The Easter egg is supposed to be in the E3 2003 videos, not in the final game.

It's "THT" Gorgon.

But about the horse.....every city has an animal as a symbol. Although Valve may have chosen a horse intencionally, I dunno, this starts sounding like the Matrix discussion forums, everything is analyzed to death.

Sprafa said:
It's "THT" Gorgon.

But about the horse.....every city has an animal as a symbol. Although Valve may have chosen a horse intencionally, I dunno, this starts sounding like the Matrix discussion forums, everything is analyzed to death.

I agree about overanalyzation... but that's what happens when we run out of reasonable topics of conversation. :sleep: Come quickly, HL2.

I think the horse statue in the square is just a pretty stereotypical eastern European object and that's why it's a horse instead of a cow or a duck or a ring-tailed lemur. It's a little touch that adds to the atmosphere and mood. My girlfriend has been to Europe several times; she saw the Striders gameplay movie and immediately said "the horse statue is a nice touch... they definitely got that right."

Greg, put them out of their misery! Tell them there isn't an easter egg!! :O

SMT said:
Yeah, they gave the Sept. 30 date at E3 2003.

At the end of the Gamespy video you can hear Gabe say "Half-Life 2 will be available September 30th."

Damn.. If that wasn't it, and they gave the date some time after, we could expect to find a release date in the E³ 2004 video. :D

Oh, there is one alright, Valve wouldn't need to lie about it.
What would they gain? Nothing but dissapointed fans.

It doesn't have anything to do with "heart and spine" that is just ridiculus.
Isn't "I don't have the spine" mean like you don't have the strength to do something. And heart means you will feel sorry about doing it.

He is just saying he doesn't want to ruin the fun. (Or that the egg is already found, we just don't know it yet)
Which is where my opinion is right now. It is something we have already pointed out. (Toilets, the psyche vid, etc)

or its just something so small and would only make much sense to the folks at valve. its probably just some inside joke.

In the same Strider movie, the player picks up two letters that he throws @ the Strider too. "F" & "U". Could this be connected to "**** You"? Probably.

Hmm hear or spine... To me that sounds like hes trying to point something out... And the only place that I recall having a spine and heart (semi)viewable is in the traptown vid when the zombies get gibbed. So I figure the easter egg is in that video?

Alec_85

The F&U is an obvious joke. It was even shouted out by one of the audience at the E3 recording, while the rest were laughing.

Chris: Yeah. An obvious EE then ;) On the other hand, couldn't be something similar to Ruby in this year's movie? Seems unlikely though since people have done frame by frame checks.

MaxiKana said:
Hmm hear or spine... To me that sounds like hes trying to point something out... And the only place that I recall having a spine and heart (semi)viewable is in the traptown vid when the zombies get gibbed. So I figure the easter egg is in that video?
/me dies

Oh dear, he's trying to say he's too much of a nice person to tell you that you've all been wasting your time for a year and also doesn't have the guts to do it because you'll all beat him up or something because they've been leading you on for so long and wasting your time!!

* X-Files theme tune starts playing

Or maybe because heart and the spine leaves a H and an S so if you look for those initials you get a Harry Shapiro who's a voice artist on Half-Life who plays the voice for Dr. Kleiner and Dr. Kleiner is an old man so because it's a H and the S maybe Dr. Kleiner gets SHot by Gabe Newell and Doug Lombardi in the attempt to take over the world with devious marketing techniques and crazy mind control powers. And the G-Man is involved too with the administrator, who's really the amdinistrator of HalfLife2.Net who are also in the plan to take over the world. I know all this si true because tehre's an easter egg abd I've found it cos I know everything. GREG COOMER SHOT JFK!"!!

Chris_D said:
Or maybe because heart and the spine leaves a H and an S so if you look for those initials you get a Harry Shapiro who's a voice artist on Half-Life who plays the voice for Dr. Kleiner and Dr. Kleiner is an old man so because it's a H and the S maybe Dr. Kleiner gets SHot by Gabe Newell and Doug Lombardi in the attempt to take over the world with devious marketing techniques and crazy mind control powers. And the G-Man is involved too with the administrator, who's really the amdinistrator of HalfLife2.Net who are also in the plan to take over the world. I know all this si true because tehre's an easter egg abd I've found it cos I know everything. GREG COOMER SHOT JFK!"!!

Wow! You have a great imagination! Didn't take you long to come up with all that :p

I knew it! I knew it all along!

Haha! In your face mordor!

/does the teletubbie dance

Chris_D said:
/me dies

Oh dear, he's trying to say he's too much of a nice person to tell you that you've all been wasting your time for a year and also doesn't have the guts to do it because you'll all beat him up or something because they've been leading you on for so long and wasting your time!!

* X-Files theme tune starts playing

LOL that was gooood ;)
The second gunman on the grassy knoll has been discrovered at last! :eek:

Well guys, have you been searching for an actual egg in the vids !?

Try so....

Heheh... Tiddalick... There's a name only an Aussie would understand (And maybe not even then...)

I reckon the easter egg could have something to do with the writing on the barrels at the start of the Tunnels vid...

flux: What?

Yeah Vice City had a Easter Egg as an Easter Egg :E Quite an idea there.

I think valve tried to get us to look at the game more carefully... and see what we noticed.

Alec_85 said:
Yeah Vice City had a Easter Egg as an Easter Egg :E Quite an idea there.

Really? I completed that game 100%, and I didn't find that Egg. Where is it?

Btw, will they tell us when HL2 is released? Then we can all sit and curse when playing the game :rolleyes:

They wouldn't be so cruel as to have us hunt for "easter eggs" in the video, only to find "errors" like the shadows and stuff for them to fix, would they?

Brian Damage said:
Heheh... Tiddalick... There's a name only an Aussie would understand (And maybe not even then...)

I reckon the easter egg could have something to do with the writing on the barrels at the start of the Tunnels vid...

flux: What?

The writing is a Valve anagram.

Try looking for an egg...

My favourite easter egg theory is shown in the attached image and is self explanatory.

UKchaos2 said:
My favourite easter egg theory is shown in the attached image and is self explanatory.
What?
The Valve in the background?

fluX said:
The writing is a Valve anagram.

Try looking for an egg...

To clarify, I mean the barrels at the start of the movie with the Hydra. Not the paint-tins at the start of the movie with all the traps. I've never been able to see exactly what's on the aforementioned barrels...

Back