On What Platform Are You Going To Rapture With?

On What Pkatform Are You Going To Rapture With?

• PC

Votes: 67 63.8%
  • Xbox 360

Votes: 37 35.2%
  • Both

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

SpiderPig

Reaction score
And why?

Im getting on the 360 for achievements and the PC to get some use out of my 8800 and the mod scene :)

As I said in the Steam thread:

The longer they take to release the PC demo, the more worried I am that the full game for the PC is still littered with bugs. If they're struggling to get the demo out before the PC game ships (which from what I've read is simply the first portion of the game with extra weapons), then doesn't that mean that the full game is, well, unfinished? It doesn't give me much confidence.

If I do decide to pick this game up, it will most definately be on the Xbox360.

But reviews for the PC game say specifically that it is not buggy and is well optimized. Personally, I have already pre-ordered and pre-loaded it on steam.

I'll get it for 360, but that's only because my computer sucks balls, and won't be able to run it even at the lowest possible settings.. If I had a computer to run it, that'd be sweet, because they'll probably come out with alot of cool mods and stuff, but until I get lots of money for a new computer - 360.

360 because I can play the game in a top form. Theres alot of games I play on my PC at the moment that I've tweaked the settings for so I can get a stable framerate and exp, but after playing the demo for Bioshock, I don't think I can imagine playing it in a toned down state. The gameplay is great and all I just don't think it's meant to be played looking ugly.

That, and I haven't the money for a good PC, or the need for a good PC anyway.

I'll be getting it for the PC. It's a shooter so I'd like to use a mouse. I won't have to upgrade anything on my PC for it. I also want the ability to modify stuff in the game if I decide to (Settings/MODs). Besides, I don't have an Xbox360 or HDTV. :)

I don't have an HDTV D:

It's very crappy playing my 360..

360, my PCs not up to it. I waited until I could play the demo to make sure it controlled alright, and I was satisfied, so I pre-ordered. It doesn't seem like a shooter that requires a huge amount of precision (as much as I hate auto-aim), so it should be fine.

Not really. :| Some people like to up their gaming by taking on challenges. I'm not sure how the Achievements will work in Bioshock but in general theres nothing wrong with them. You don't need to pay for them, nor do they get in the way, so what's the deal?

EDIT: too lazy to quote phantom now.

Not really. :| Some people like to up their gaming by taking on challenges. I'm not sure how the Achievements will work in Bioshock but in general theres nothing wrong with them. You don't need to pay for them, nor do they get in the way, so what's the deal?
Aye, and as the name says, seeing that little message pop up and you get some more points just feels rewarding.
It's like leveling up in an MMORPG (If you like MMORPGS), or stuff like that.

I'll buy it for the XB360, Limited Edition ftw.

My PC could probably run it just fine but meh :)

PC

Keyboard and mouse for this kind of game.

360. My PC is crap, and I want the achievements.

Also, I thought i would never see the day when Asus said Buttseks.

PC

I don't have a 360, my computer is pretty good, it's on Steam, and the PC version, according to reviews, handles better (not that the 360 one is bad).

PC

I feel more comfortable playing FPS's with keyboard + mouse.

Heh, I hadn't even considered the achievements for 360. Oh man, this is gonna suck away so many hours, achivements are a completionist's dream and nightmare in one :p

I'll get it for 360, but that's only because my computer sucks balls, and won't be able to run it even at the lowest possible settings.. If I had a computer to run it, that'd be sweet, because they'll probably come out with alot of cool mods and stuff, but until I get lots of money for a new computer - 360.

same here

Same here.

PC! I`l be upgrading my comp next week.I need to see how it performs on different hardware first(benchmarks).

I'll be getting it for the PC. It's a shooter so I'd like to use a mouse. I won't have to upgrade anything on my PC for it. I also want the ability to modify stuff in the game if I decide to (Settings/MODs). Besides, I don't have an Xbox360 or HDTV. :)

.... what Asus said.

Undecided. The news about the availability on Steam has thrown me off balance.

My 360 is ready for another game, but my new PC will have (I'm sure) no problems running Bioshock. Quite a predicament. Steam or console? :/

PC: Better UI, DX10 for Vista users, better control scheme with the keyboard/mouse etc.

PC: Better UI, DX10 for Vista users, better control scheme with the keyboard/mouse etc.
Do you have a source for better UI? And I recall clearly that the devs said in an interview that the XB360 is their main development platform and that botht he control scheme and UI has been designed with the 360 specifically in mind.

How can anyone say their PC won't be able to run it? the demo isn't even out yet. Has it occurred to y'all that the early 360 demo/delayed PC demo might be a blatant Microsoft marketing ploy to get as many 360 orders as possible before everyone realises that the cheaper PC version will run just fine anyway?

I won't be getting either version, but i'll probably download the demo in a few weeks just for chucks.

Do you have a source for better UI? And I recall clearly that the devs said in an interview that the XB360 is their main development platform and that botht he control scheme and UI has been designed with the 360 specifically in mind.

I read that there is a totally different version for each platform, each developed specifically for that platform by separate teams, no porting so no superior platform. Hence the PC version has a different UI than the 360. Also read that the PC UI can be customised.

Screenshots are hard to find but yes it has been stated there are two teams that worked on the game. When the manual was up on steam you could clearly see the PC has a different UI. The hacking game for instance will be easier and more suited to PC controls i.e. the mouse than the console version.

http://files.filefront.com/manual+enpdf/;8328602;;/fileinfo.html - Link for downloading the manual pdf

How can anyone say their PC won't be able to run it?

You read the system requirements and make a judgment based on them.

and when have sys requirements ever been reliable?
Demo is the only way to know for sure.

How can anyone say their PC won't be able to run it? the demo isn't even out yet. Has it occurred to y'all that the early 360 demo/delayed PC demo might be a blatant Microsoft marketing ploy to get as many 360 orders as possible before everyone realises that the cheaper PC version will run just fine anyway?
Shader Model 3.0. Note the 10 most popular video cards in Valve's survey, 43% of them can't run SM3.

PC

Don't have a 360, and even if I did, would be for the PC first. Got a better sound system, better monitor (a 360 would be on a crap old TV) and also Keyboard n Mouse :D

and when have sys requirements ever been reliable?
Demo is the only way to know for sure.

They are only not reliable when you barley meet the minimum specs. People just don't seem to understand what the word minimum means. It means you can run it, not necessarily run it well.

i'm a few days away from getting my new PC parts and i already preordered the PC version

so PC it is.

Though the 360 version felt very comfortable for a FPS console, i still prefer my mouse + keyboard

Back