One quick question?

jverne

Reaction score
Hi!

I was wondering if you could in HL2 put your ass on fire and jump in to some water and see steam comming out...realy stupid joke :dozey:

Ok, I was just wondering if bullets could penetrate certain walls (materials)? It would be really cool, especialy in MP!? I think that CS had this feature, or not!?

TNX

I would imagine you could shoot through certain things if you could even using hl1 engine... but I know nothing

Yeah, I don't know about the regular HL2, but CS will definatly have it.

Your ass can catch fire after eating jalapenos and going to the bathroom ;) but you might not be able to put it out :LOL:

Yes, it can be modded with both HL1 and HL2. But, it would be better to do with HL2.
Better graphics

If it's in Counterstrike, of course it can be done with source.

Valve might have left it out of single player for gameplay reasons, but I'd bet the Gauss gun can still shoot through stuff.

Well, that depends.
VALVe has created a special system for textures, giving them their specific qualities. Such as, you can tag a texture as wood, and it will have all of the properties of wood:
-Flammable
-Generally breakable (unless needed to advance in the game/buildings, although we don't know if buildings can be completely destroyed yet, reguardless of the material)
As for shooting through walls, I'd say yes. VALVe wouldn't ignore the fact that generally, if you shoot at wood, the bullets would go through. As for metal objects, it'd be a little non-sensical, but if VALVe had decided to make all walls penetrable for gameplay, I suppose they could justify it.

So, in short term: We have no idea if the walls are penetrable by bullets/other erroneous ammunition, but, common sense says at least weak materals in real life should be able to be shot through.
Hope this helps :)

why doesn't someone just e-mail VALVe and ask them if bullets can penetrait certain materials such as wood, thin metals and some walls.

I'd like to see that..if not, like mentioned before, it can be modded in..

Also, that would be a funny thing for steam to come out...maybe if you walk through something hot and on fire on the Coast, you can run to the water and it'll do that lol...

I have a question too - I want Halflife2 in the game. Is it in the game or do I need to get somebody to mod it? I really can't wait to play source, it looks teh hot piss.

CR0M said:
I have a question too - I want Halflife2 in the game. Is it in the game or do I need to get somebody to mod it? I really can't wait to play source, it looks teh hot piss.

you need to be banned for that teh ghey j0k3.

i'm in a sarcastic frame of mind and bored of the universal quote "...no but you could in a mod."

Well from what i know which i hope they dont do when you shoot a piece of wood or metal or something they just put a bullet hole sprite there... i just hope that the one on wood goes through and like when you shoot the side of a building you can see the light shinning through the holes. :frog:

Did you speed up your avatar, or has my browser changed it's personality?

Bullets can be shot through walls, haven't you guys seem the e3 2003 videos? in the video where the guy is in the prison area, there are sentry guns that shoot through the metal door thingy.

I saw dead G-man on a screenshot. what does it mean? "HL2" can't exist without him!!

MaxiKana said:
Bullets can be shot through walls, haven't you guys seem the e3 2003 videos? in the video where the guy is in the prison area, there are sentry guns that shoot through the metal door thingy.

That may have been scripted. A similar thing happend in Half Life.

Im pretty sure bullets will be able to penetrate the wall in HL2, in CS:S im 100% they will, because they do already in normal 1.6. Wood always lets things go through, metal also, which is only about a players thickness, and for concrete the same applies. it depends on the gun also which im sure you are aware.

Back