Opposing Shepard team needs your help

Hollywood

Reaction score
Hi, i'm Hollywood, Co-Leader of the Opposing Shepard team and Leader of the C.H.A.O.S mod.

Opposing Sheperd is a Single player mod for Half Life 2 about Corporal Shepard, the soldier from "Opposing Force" who is sent back to earth by the g-man.

These are the talents we need:

.CODER'S

.MAPPER'S

.SKINNER'S

.MODELLER'S

.CONCEPT ARTIST'S

.2D ARTIST'S

.FACE POSER'S

.ANIMATOR'S

.SOUND ENGINEER'S

.VOICE ACTER'S

.OTHER TALENTS ALSO NEEDED

WARNING: Some of these positions are already filled but we may need more than one person at a job.

These are the people that are on the team so far:

Mod_Leader: Hot564231(a.k.a The Real Shepard)

Mod_Skinner, Concept Artist, Co_lender, WebMaster: BLKfalc

Mod_Coder: Hazard_111

Mod_Mapper: Killerkallerant

Mod_Level Designer: MSK SSK

Mod_Weapons Concept Artist: SleepeR

If you are skilled at any of the above go to http://opposingshepard.proboards46.com/ our forums as our site right now is temporary, or email team leader The Real Shepard @ [email protected], the mod will be put in three(3) part's for faster release times and smaller file for you 56k'rs

The story is about Adrian Shepard, an ex marine who was put in stasis by the G-man at the end of Opposing Force. Now Shepard is returning to earth at the same time as Freeman. In Opposing Shepard you'll meet's some old friend's like otis and many more. You'll also meet old enemy's like the Xen race and Race X and many other enemy's. You'll also get to see the G-man many times. We would really appreciate some help, if your talented at any of the needed jobs, email The Real Shepard or go to the recruiting part of our forum.

- Opposing Shepard team

Guestion: are you going to anything else for your mod else than "leading"?
There is already a mod like this, and it's called Opposing Source. Might be better to join to that mod instead.

CommandoSR said:
Guestion: are you going to anything else for your mod else than "leading"?
There is already a mod like this, and it's called Opposing Source. Might be better to join to that mod instead.

Well really Opposing Source is a remake of the original game with Shephard, this guy is talking about making a HL2 "episode".

I wouldn't say that was the same. Would you?

If you need a second coder for something as simple as an expansion, then your coder is lazy beyond my comprehension.

Look at what OP4 brought to HL1, code wise.

SAW - used similar code to the MP5, with grenades removed, more damage, and a larger firing arc.
Wrench - modified crowbar
Shock rifle - modified bullsquid spit
Gonome - used very similar code to the Bullsquid
Pit Drone - Used similar code to the alien slaves, or possibly the Bullsquid
Shock Trooper - Based on Marine's code.

The only things that probably took real ingenuity code-wise were the rope system, the Pit Worm, and the Geneworm.

If your coder can't add a few extra enemies and guns to the game, then...bwuh, I don't know what to say.

-Angry Lawyer

Opposing Shepard continues on from Opposing Force with the G-man sending Shepard back to earth. Opposing Source is a remake of Opposing Force.

EDIT: By the way dude, what ae you talking about? If you have a look under jobs needed it will say WARNING in bold and beside it it said some jobs may be already filled, but we may need more than one at a job. I'll update the information soon, gotta talk to The Real Shepard about that.

I am stuck at a certain part in highway 17. The part when you have to jump with the car after the crane that you operate. Please help.

No, it isn't. His name has a single 'p' in it, and no second 'h'. It's Adrian Shepard, Hollywood had it correct.

hey guys, i want to know how to post a new topic
Go to the correct forum, and click on the "new thread" button on the left at the top or bottom of the page.

No, it isn't.

I have my old Half-Life Platinum Collection game box right here, and his name is spelled Adrian Shepard in the Opposing Force description on the back. (The game manual and the Gearbox and Sierra websites don't spell his name out, they just refer to him as a soldier sent to eliminate Gordon Freeman.)

FOR GOD SAKES DUDES! Type this in in google: Adrian Shepard Opposing Force half life. Now please only post here if its relevant to the Opposing Shepard mod.

PS. Also, thank you Sir Phoenixx :cheers:

hello this is Opposing Shephard team lender here still looking for memberto join us what we really need is people that are good at face poser, mapper's and modeller's that what we need right now. also here is a media update:

QueEver are concept artist work hard on these

Hey dudes, me and BLK created a video showing the first two multiplayer maps that have been done (Well there in beta stages). Here's the link: ttp://s35.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=05RDRLP...RI0J04OOBKTD27R

Looks better in Windows Media Player.

Nice concept art, and good luck with the mod, sorry I don't have time to help.

By the way, heres an image i compiled to settle the arguement once and for all.

Click for proof image

we got that part fix now, but thank for pointing it out as we all know shephard is spell in many way's, and thank for pointing concept art most people just say what the hell is this.

fybeca killer said:
can i create my own forum?

You should be able to. By the way, welcome to the forums, fybeca killer. What part are you stuck on? Can you get across the gap? Once you get across the gap, you are stuck and the gunship will come after you. One of the cars has a crate of rockets in it. Find it and take out the gunship. Once it's down, use your gravity gun's alt fire to push the cars out of your vehicle's way.

On a related note, I'm looking very forward to seeing both of these games! I'd love to help, but I've no coding or mapping experience.

this is the member list:

The Team:

Administration:
Jason(hot564231) :: Project Founder, Director ::
Jeff (BLKfalc) :: Co-Director::

Art & Model's:
Wes(QueEver) :: Lead Concept Artist::
Luke(crackhead) :: Lead Prop's modeller::
m00n3r :: Prop's modeller::
Jeff (BLKfalc) :: Lead Skinner::
Zipster :: weapon's modeller

Level Development:
Seth(Dystopian1324) :: SP mapper::
Joseph(jagged101) :: SP mapper::
Decoy :: MP mapper::
Sander :: SP mapper::

Coder's:
General1337 :: Weapon's coder::
Pall(b1t tr0jAn) :: bit's and bobs coder::

Face Poser's:
Luke(crackhead) :: Lead Face Poser::

Website Designer:
General1337 :: Website Designer::

Other Help:
Niklas(MassaCre) :: Forum Icon's::
Hollywood :: Co-Manager::

and still looking for help with this mod, needed 2 texture artist, 2 Character Modeller's,1 porp's Modeller, 1 more coder, 2 UV mapper's for 3dmax7 and XSI.

Operative IM has now taken over Opposing Shephard. Alot of our team has left due to holting and inactivity of the mod, so we are in need of quite alot of people.

Back