Original Cs in Source.

Urbanleg

Reaction score
Well im pretty sure the mod community will transfer Cs to Source as soon as the game released..

How much time do u think it will take till we can play Original CS in Source With Extra realism \ physics \ Graphics etc.. etc...

????

I got not clue and i have never tried to mod at all so i am asking all of the modders out there..

Is it possible at all to COpy paste it to source or you need to start from a scratch?

Originally posted by Urbanleg

How much time do u think it will take till we can play Original CS in Source With Extra realism \ physics \ Graphics etc.. etc...

I hope never! bwahahahahaha!!!

Seeing as Counter-Strike is a copyrighted product - no.

There will be plenty of similar mods or clones some of you may call them coming out for Half-Life 2. You can't simply copy and paste stuff over to Half-Life 2 it is a completely new engine.

Valve have said they are distributing knowledge and/or tools to help people to transfer hl1 content to source. It's mainly things like maps and content though I think they have referred to. As for how much work would be involved in coding weapons and round structures etc you'd have to ask somone who has worked on source and i doubt they'll be allowed to tell you until release day.

When Agent Smith was talking about humans being a virus I think he specifically had CS'ers in mind.............

Enough CS bashing. If you don't like the game then fine don't play it and don't whine about it.

Theres no Source-code of original CS. So nobody will be able to port it except the CS developer team.

But there will be hundrets of CS-Clone, even more worse than original CS...so be happy ;)

lmao heu... wait, i'm a CS player! :eek: I'm very surprised that so many people on an HL2 forum hate CS, what are u guys playing? Half-Life Single player for the 687th time? lol ok... maybe TF ...?

Originally posted by Ti133700N
lmao heu... wait, i'm a CS player! :eek: I'm very surprised that so many people on an HL2 forum hate CS, what are u guys playing? Half-Life Single player for the 687th time? lol ok... maybe TF ...?

They just are pissed off by the fact they get pwned by a 10 year old useing scrips :) damn kids!

Originally posted by Deadline
They just are pissed off by the fact they get pwned by a 10 year old useing scrips :) damn kids!

I have alot of reasons i dont like CS....cheats are just one of them.

Originally posted by Deadline

*looks at ground*

maybe...........................

sorry Munro...not being vindictive, just a laugh.

CS2 will probarbly be nothing like the original, adding bullet phisics and vehicls would meen it wasnt CS any more, so yeah id like to see a strait conversion changeing nothing but the graphics (and removeing that fooking shield :()

YOu couldnt call it Counter-strike but you could do a complete rip and call it something like Classic-Strike.

They diffenetly wouldn't just port CS to source. They will make a CS2. It would be dumb to just port CS over. :cool:

CS 2 is running on the old half life engine. Not source.

No, CZ is running on hl1 engine. CS2 will run on source if it exists and/or gets released.

lol, your so wrong about CS2. CS2 is running on the Doom Engine.

valve will most likely end up pulling a team fortress. counterstrike 2 will be promised, it will get delayed, they will release "counterstrike classic" for the source engine. six years later we will get cs2 on a new engine.

:D

judging from the current stream of CS updates you could be right there.

Ok this thread has split in two directions, one saying that cs2 will be on later and later releases and the other saying it will be running on earlier engines. From this I can only deduce that it will actually run on the pong engine which will be the basis of Half-life 946.

tfc was meant as a tide us over untill tf2 ... summer 1998.. three of my friends preorder tf2. they lose their $150's forever. it isn't talked about for 5 years.. then hl2 is anounced. --> now.

MY FRIENDS WANT THEIR TF2's ALREADY!

Originally posted by Munro
Enough CS bashing. If you don't like the game then fine don't play it and don't whine about it.

exactly!

i don't know what pple have against CS but hey if u don't like it, DON'T PLAY IT, and don't bash it..

i know pple out there blame CS for all the cheating going on in HL1 in general.. but really.. lets think this through.. a game does not create cheats, however pple do i have even talked to pple that blame CS, so its not like im making it up..

anyway, stop the CS bashing, sheeesh :flame:

i don't see why people pre-order months before. why don't they just pre-order a week or something?

Originally posted by Typhon
i don't see why people pre-order months before. why don't they just pre-order a week or something?

prices spike around release time, and it's one way to be a hundred percent sure you get your copy. And by the way I play CS and frequent private or small servers: no cheaters or prebuscent teens. The game itself is fun and entertaining, I can't say the same for the thousand of other mods available.

I think pre-ordering, is the ultimate self-gradification... thats why I don't do it. I try to have a little patients.

*edit- I GOTTA HAVE IT RIGHT NOW! AHHHHHH. Thats just spoiled.

Originally posted by TheOriginalEvil
I think pre-ordering, is the ultimate self-gradification... thats why I don't do it. I try to have a little patients.

*edit- I GOTTA HAVE IT RIGHT NOW! AHHHHHH. Thats just spoiled.

That would be patience.

Patients are people visiting a doctor. :p

Valve mentioned porting HL content to HL2 so its possible they could be porting TFC and CS to Source...

Otherwise just wait for CS2.

When Agent Smith was talking about humans being a virus I think he specifically had CS'ers in mind.............
matrix fans are a virus... :flame:

Originally posted by crabcakes66
cs can go to hell and die......

i agree..hee hee hee, i learned to bhop, how i love cs...BURN IN HELL ALL CS PLAYERS...i love cs

I can't wait untill CS2 comes out.Hopefully they just make it like 1.5 with better graphics and better phyics.My guess is that there probally going to **** it up the first time tho. :(

Meh, don't play on servers that don't kick little kids and cheat lamers.

I like to play on passworded servers set up by people I know, no nine year olds there.

Originally posted by Dr. Freeman
exactly!

i don't know what pple have against CS but hey if u don't like it, DON'T PLAY IT, and don't bash it..

i know pple out there blame CS for all the cheating going on in HL1 in general.. but really.. lets think this through.. a game does not create cheats, however pple do i have even talked to pple that blame CS, so its not like im making it up..

anyway, stop the CS bashing, sheeesh :flame:

Socom on the ps2 is even worse then CS. You can jump into the walls, and for godsakes you can even use a gameshark in multiplayer...Before you start bitching about hacks in CS, go play Socom on the PS2 and you will relize how glitching that game really is, lol!

And the cheating isn't that bad now, most players cannot tell the difference between a good player and a cheater: they just blame cheats for their own shortcomings. Half the cheats available are trojans, the other half are detected by VAC within weeks sometimes in a matter of days.

i like dod, ns, ts. but i still play cs a lot. cs is different, it's not just shoot them up, even u like the one man's army style, it requires tactic, reflection, patience etc to be a good player. Cs can provide something(i can't precise, cuz it's my feeling) that u can't find in games like dod, ts etc, there's why it's still the most popular online shooting game out there. i'm lucky enough to account cheaters rarely in cs server, but whenever we account cheaters, we just make fun of them. In some serves, the admin can see who's hacking and manipulate the hacker by changing his key configuation and making the guy rotating, it's quite funny. I hate that when some noobs call me hacker cuz i overkill them. man if u don't like cs cuz u suck at it, then just don't play it but don't bashing it cuz it's u who suck. if u don't like it cuz of other reasons, it might still be acceptable.

Maybe couple people here hate cs, but in fact they are just minority report. just update ur cs server list, it could take u at least couple minutes.

Originally posted by gamevoodoo
i like dod, ns, ts. but i still play cs a lot. cs is different, it's not just shoot them up, even u like the one man's army style, it requires tactic, reflection, patience etc to be a good player. Cs can provide something(i can't precise, cuz it's my feeling) that u can't find in games like dod, ts etc, there's why it's still the most popular online shooting game out there. i'm lucky enough to account cheaters rarely in cs server, but whenever we account cheaters, we just make fun of them. In some serves, the admin can see who's hacking and manipulate the hacker by changing his key configuation and making the guy rotating, it's quite funny. I hate that when some noobs call me hacker cuz i overkill them. man if u don't like cs cuz u suck at it, then just don't play it but don't bashing it cuz it's u who suck. if u don't like it cuz of other reasons, it might still be acceptable.

Maybe couple people here hate cs, but in fact they are just minority report. just update ur cs server list, it could take u at least couple minutes.

see when you go saying people that dont like it must suck it tells me your a typical CS player......

edit: make that stereotypical

Back