Origins of your online name

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
So where does your name come from?

I've used a number of names over the years and they all have something to do with pop culture. "CptStern" comes from the animated movie "Heavy Metal" from the 80's. Stern was a character in one of the segments where he was on trial for a long list of charges.

I'm also "Mumbly-Joe" on a handful of other forums....from the simpsons...when aliens come down to earth and ask Homer to take them to earth's leader he says "hmmmm I think his name is Mumbly-joe?"

what are the origins of your name?

luftwaffle, saw it somewhere and liked it
gh0st, i use it on forums because bastards always register ghost
spear chucker, going back to my tribal roots
jack the digger/knifer, my dod melee whoring days.

a few origins combined into one then with a twist later.

1. kid at school with curly hair we called sheep
2. flash video with something about sh33p
3. me just finding out what l337 is

then, I play tribes 2, and choose CyberneticSh33p as my name, for that makes sense. Eventually it got shortened down to cybersh33p. so no, there is no perversion whatsoever in my name you sick bastards.

"simmo"

My second name is Simmons...take a guess :p ;)

A Grateful Dead song called....well....it's called Darkstar.

:thumbs: My MoH:AA name is Chase.infinite- got from the hip hop artist named Chace Infinite, from the group "Self Scientific".

My newest name that I use for the other multiplayer games is Home.LoC. A Loc is slang for your 'buddy'. Just like some people call their buddies "Home Slice" etc etc, I had to be original and make up Home.LoC. Otherwise Loc also means location, it's cool because when i've got my tags on {LB} which is Long Beach(clan me and my brothers made up), so {LB}Home.LoC means Long Beach Home Location! COOL!

50 points to anyone who can figure out what my name is from.

Before SWG came out I planned to be a Mon Calamari, so I took away Mon, changed the C to a D, badabing there you go.

My name is mark and I couldnt think of anything good at the time!

Plus! Marksman was taken. So I put MarksmanHL2.
Then I guess that must have been taken because it ended up as:
MarksmanHL2 :)

:thumbs:

My name I use for games is now GingerNinja.

Thats because I love martial arts... and have ginger hair! :E

mine's a derivative of the latin word mortis.

Shuzer!

Simply because I enjoyed Red's quest in SaGa Frontier.. and the big bad dude, Shuzer, had a cool name. Plus, it's obscure and no one really knows of it.. easy to get, and people always argue how to pronounce it!

I got brink's from a book called "Big stick it up at BRINK'S"-never read it, just liked the name.
I also use shog0 from the old game SHOGO
and catzor cause I was bored and my cat kept sitting on my keyboard.

I have a boring story.

I used to play HLDM years ago, and I was always the G-man, cuz I thought he looked just like my favorite movie villian: Agent Smith. So I made screen names and stuff like that, too. Yeah.

The "The" in front is stupid. Oh well.

I couldnt think of a good name so i just chose any random name that came to mind

well, I use slicktick which is something that I use because, well I dont know, but I have used it for online gaming for years

and i also use rustytiki which comes from the surf company Rusty and a tiki keychain that I had when I was little, goes back to my Hawaiian roots

brink's said:
I got brink's from a book called "Big stick it up at BRINK'S"-never read it, just liked the name.
I also use shog0 from the old game SHOGO
and catzor cause I was bored and my cat kept sitting on my keyboard.

SHOGO is/was brilliant

Voodoo_Chile after my favorite song Voodoo Chile( Slight Return ) by the great Hendrix.the " _ " is because HL doesnt allow spaces when I started using it.I omited ( Slight Return ) cause its a little much but If anyone ever takes V_C anywhere all I need is SR added on :cheese:

Mine comes from my last name which is Snow. My dad is the Snowman, so I made myself the SnowBall.

Shuzer said:
Shuzer!

Simply because I enjoyed Red's quest in SaGa Frontier.. and the big bad dude, Shuzer, had a cool name. Plus, it's obscure and no one really knows of it.. easy to get, and people always argue how to pronounce it!

shoezer wears pink panties

Suicide = end of life

42= meaning of life

other than that i have no idea... i guess it was just a spur of the moment idea at some net cafe :LOL:

^Ben hrmmmmmm.........

My first name is really Jimmy :p

I use 'mrBadger' 'ComradeBadger' 'CuteBadger' etc :)

But mostly ComradeBadger

It's cos of my uncle and his badgers :) a great man he was. I hope my name is a fitting tribute to him

Snakebyte said:
50 points to anyone who can figure out what my name is from.

my favorite drink when you chuck a double vodka lemonade in there too.

My name was Zero_Flashback because i tried thinking of something hackery to take the piss.

Then Jackass because i fell of the roof in Assault about 6 times in a row and the TV series was just coming out at the time.

Then Lt.Calley because he was a terrible human being and it made me laugh.

Now RupertVDB because that's my incredible name..or at least its initials.

Rupertvdb said:
my favorite drink when you chuck a double vodka lemonade in there too.

snakebite the drink? lemonade and jack daniels?

Suicide42 said:
Suicide = end of life

42= meaning of life

Haha, awesome :D

ComradeBadger said:
I use 'mrBadger' ... But mostly ComradeBadger

...now :)

Myself I've used tons of names. At current I only use...

Bad^Hat - From a kid's cartoon
SPAZ - What they called me in school
lemayo - LMAO spelt how it sounds

If I can't get any of those names, which has happened like once, I'll use Henry Fungletrumpet. It's a name used in a Spike Milligan mayherestinpeace sketch.

Para on forums

Gunner ingame.

Has to do with firearms ;)

no...seriously... what is up with your avatar CB?

in mother russia, badgercomrade is... shit ive dug myself into a hole

Bad^Hat said:
Haha, awesome :D

...now :)

Myself I've used tons of names. At current I only use...

Bad^Hat - From a kid's cartoon
SPAZ - What they called me in school
lemayo - LMAO spelt how it sounds

If I can't get any of those names, which has happened like once, I'll use Henry Fungletrumpet. It's a name used in a Spike Milligan mayherestinpeace sketch.

I've always pronounced LMAO:le-ma-ow, like an asian name MAO with le

When I was making a character for the online roleplaying guild I'm part of in Ultima Online, I couldn't think of a name, and the leader told me he had a character called Azuul, so I grabbed it, inserted 'L' between the 'A and the 'Z' and replaced the first 'U' with an 'X'. Voila!

Suicide42 said:
no...seriously... what is up with your avatar CB?

in mother russia, badgercomrade is... shit ive dug myself into a hole
It's a Templar Knight :)

Cool isn't he :D

In the Lucas Arts game "The Curse of Monkey Island" there is a talking skull that appears occasionally and he is named Murray.

(I guess most people already knew that, but meh. :p)

Mine pretty much came from the movie.I had just got done watching tron just when I discovered hl2.net.Well I couldn't think of a name to use on the forums so the movie came to my mind...and since then it's stuck with me.

Murray is defintely the coolest talking skull.

el Chi comes from el Chihuahua which is what it was before I got bored with typing many letters <falls asleep>
However, I'm not entirely sure where el Chihuahua came from in the first place. I like many things Mexican and chihuahuas are hilarious. Maybe that was it... It's been years now.

Mine came from my real name, and a clan from way back. the []'s that were in my name were not allowed by aim, so I changed them to the nearest looking thing, l.

Back in september I was playing No One Lives Forever 2 like a maniac, and I really, really, really, really loved the character Crazy Harij, I think he deserves his own game. Thus, I chose it in lack of a more original name.

Before that I had IgrEk as a nick, something i stole from a letter section in the swedish edition of PCGamer.
As you see, I'm not that original and I'm extremely bad when it comes to making up a name :( .

My greatest wish is to come up with a name that'd fit alot in the old Amigascene era, my brothers were called Lester and Phazor, their pal was named Skimmer. Stuff like that. :)

I played a piece by mozart for a scholarship audition. when i recieved the scholarship i was so happy i started calling myself moz4rt. i'm also known as gruvenheimer.

Back