our post counts are gone

hydra = over 500 posts

strider = over 600 and something post...

strider>hydra

Oh no I have said too much....

THANK GOD!

Hope this cuts down on the thread police and spammers because the community here was getting bad.

^^ It defeats the whole purpose of removing the post count, stop it.

I think the Hydra is immortal.
Cool if the Strider is it also, but I doubt it. :(

Anyway, Combine is the highest ranking.

combine i think is the highest status you can get from posting

its over 1000

and gives you a hint that maybe you are spending too much time on the forums.

in my opinion strider>combine soldier

Originally posted by BWMASTER
combine i think is the highest status you can get from posting

its over 1000

and gives you a hint that maybe you are spending too much time on the forums.

in my opinion strider>combine soldier

awww is someone jealous of all the people who have over 1000 posts :imu: :cat: :frog:

wow that was a pretty bold statement considering how close you are to becomming one

Originally posted by Anwar
THANK GOD!

Hope this cuts down on the thread police and spammers because the community here was getting bad.

If you think this place is bad you should see some of the places I've been to and even one or two I've adminned at. Removing post counts also does not cut down on spam, it only changes the type of spam posted.

Will the ranks get upgraded when the full extent of HL2s enemies become known?

If the admins want to remain concistent, ranks should be removed too, since they're an indicator of post count.

thats cool no more ppl spamming to get a fancy name

Originally posted by Chicky
thats cool no more ppl spamming to get a fancy name

As long as the "fancy name's" remain, then post counts still are around. So that wouldn't solve that at all, just make things a tad more confusing for a newbie to this board.

Ranks are cool, removing the post count is cool so people won't spam as much, because people will be like "Ah I got x more posts than you, I am teh r0xx0r!!!11oneoneone". Removing the post counts cut down on a lot of spam IMO, but I think the ranks should stay. Thats what tells the forum users apart.

Yeah, I think there will be ppl spamming to get that new title, but keep in mind, there will always be spamming, no matter what forum you go to (well with some exceptions of course), and removing the ranks won't get rid of it.

I like forums where you get to choose your OWN rank... hehe...

Yaaar, I better not be stuck as a headcrab! I hate those little thingies! So... hard... to... hit!

Edit: Oh, yeah... and they jump out and scare you...

I just actually started playing HL1 again, with AAx4 and AFx16 it doesn't look half-bad. <-----see the pun!:cheese:

Originally posted by Animal
I just actually started playing HL1 again, with AAx4 and AFx16 it doesn't look half-bad. <-----see the pun!:cheese:

/me crowbars animal

i dont mind the post counts and ranks at all, i think they show noobies who to listen to, and it helps us make fun of the headcrabs!

Originally posted by Zeus
Ranks are cool, removing the post count is cool so people won't spam as much, because people will be like "Ah I got x more posts than you, I am teh r0xx0r!!!11oneoneone". Removing the post counts cut down on a lot of spam IMO, but I think the ranks should stay. Thats what tells the forum users apart.

Yeah, I think there will be ppl spamming to get that new title, but keep in mind, there will always be spamming, no matter what forum you go to (well with some exceptions of course), and removing the ranks won't get rid of it.

That's exactly my point, removing post counts and rank will not stop spam, they will probably not even decrease it, just change it. Instead of "Ah I got x more posts than you, I am teh r0xx0r!!!11oneoneone" it'll be "Ah I got x title, I am teh r0xx0r!!!11oneoneone" or "Ah I've been registered x ammount longer than you, I am teh r0xx0r!!!11oneoneone"

There will always be something and removing post counts is a quick fix attempt to patch a deeper rooted problem. I just find it annoying because sometimes I find it useful to know how may posts I've made (in exact ammounts). I've also administrated at several places and have experienced first hand the results of removing post count, it only changed how spam was made, didn't stop it at all.

Originally posted by Animal
Are ranks cannot change now, can they?

The admins have disabled that feature I believe, however admins do have the power to give users their own custom title or enable all users to give their own custom titles to themselves.

Originally posted by Fallout2man
If you think this place is bad you should see some of the places I've been to and even one or two I've adminned at. Removing post counts also does not cut down on spam, it only changes the type of spam posted.

i agree, i have been to forums that were in much worse condition from a spam and organized/un-organized forum point of view..

if pple want to spam, they will spam.. its up to the mods and admins to take care of these fruitcakes on a case by case basis.. this might be time consuming and such but if its shown that action is taken quickly, then pple will either learn to obey the rules, or hit the road.

warnings and punishment are the best type of deterrants IMO

Back