Our Valve tour (56k beware)

gh0st

Reaction score
Heres a snip of our sites update

Me said:
- VAC 2 will be released with HL2. It will be created for general use among mods and HL2.

- Collecters Edition will be available over steam as a "Special Version"

- There are some new bink videos they showed us. They were trailers with collections of all footage from the E3's, etc, and a new promotional trailer. They all looked awesome.

- The SDK will be released the same time the game is released.

Check out a couple pictures (including what the box will look like, what the cd's look like) on either http://promisedland.halflife-2.co.uk or http://www.halflife-2.co.uk (which takes credit for the hosting of this, and next weeks stuff, so a big thanks to them).

Its also important to note that those binks they will be releasing will be in publications at first, then will be available for download. before hl2s release, by the way.

Awesome, thanks for sharing.

Though couldn't you shrink the pics down a little bit? I mean 2500px isn't really necessary.

O noes, the cd art!

/me waits for 5,000,000 photoshops with the caption 'I hav HL2 lolzzzz'

Nice, hope you enjoyed yourself :thumbs:

lucky bastard!! *shakes fist*

ghOst, did you ask about TF2? If so, what did they exactly say?

Did you actually sit down and ask them a list of questions? We want to know

everything that was said, or as much as you can remember :D

Collectors Edition over Steam as a special version :p

Neutrino said:
Awesome, thanks for sharing.

Though couldn't you shrink the pics down a little bit? I mean 2500px isn't really necessary.

Yes it is. If he wants, he can do small and big. I like the huge ones :cheers:

Great source of info. Thanks a lot. It's good to hear that the binks are on their way as well as some new media!!!

I like the Half-Life 2 CD.

Six Three said:
Collectors Edition over Steam as a special version :p

I wonder how that will work. Possibly get HL2/software over steam and then the goodies mailed to you?

we will be heading back within the next couple weeks to play test. dont worry youll get your physical cool stuff.

What do you mean ghost? I was talking about physical cool stuff in the collectors edition. I just couldn't see how they were going to send a T-Shirt or something through steam :)

Crusader said:
What do you mean ghost? I was talking about physical cool stuff in the collectors edition. I just couldn't see how they were going to send a T-Shirt or something through steam :)

Maybe Valve has developed that sort of technology! :cheers: :burp:

Could you just clear up 2 things for me - was the HDR actually shown in HL2 and not source, does the collectors edition comment mean it will be available on steam as well as in shops, or is it meaning steam only

Sorry if they are a bit anal, but ambiguity is a bitch

tokin said:
I wonder how that will work. Possibly get HL2/software over steam and then the goodies mailed to you?

Maybe, but choosing to have the goodies mailed (which would no doubt take 6 weeks) would be kinda stupid, as you could just go to your store and have it in 30 mins..

HDR was shown as a techdemo. i.e. walking through a map with very heavy use of HDR.

CE will be availble in both stores and steam.

The disc art is just that, disc art. It's going to be teen, not mature.

Six Three said:
Maybe, but choosing to have the goodies mailed (which would no doubt take 6 weeks) would be kinda stupid, as you could just go to your store and have it in 30 mins..

Can you really put all the goodies into a video game box?

gh0st said:
HDR was shown as a techdemo. i.e. walking through a map with very heavy use of HDR.

Cheers :)

10 characters

Six Three said:

Yeah, could be a huge hazzle. Well I guess we will wait and see what happens. The new binks coming up will be nice but I kind of wish valve would give us an answer on a themed MP.

A True Canadian said:
Can you really put all the goodies into a video game box?

It will most likely be a tin, and yes, I'm sure you could squeeze a couple DVD's, keychains and a shirt..

gh0st said:

Possibly any confirmation whether or not HDR is gonna be in the actual game itself?

Six Three said:
It will most likely be a tin, and yes, I'm sure you could squeeze a couple DVD's, keychains and a shirt..

Actually I think the shirts will need to be ordered and mailed. Unless they have a "one size fits all"

A True Canadian said:
Actually I think the shirts will need to be ordered and mailed. Unless they have a "one size fits all"

Painkiller had a T-shirt as well as Global Operations and many other games. They were all like L/XL anyways. BTW took a trip to Canada the other day, went to St.Johns and St.Andrews...sound familiar? In Maine for the summer on the coast. Quite cold but beautiful.

A True Canadian said:

Maybe, but I'm not paying for S&H!! :p

Back