paintabllers

Heh, I just started playing paintball like 3 days ago. Man it is fun! I bought a Diablo pump gun, a hopper, a 1" elbow, and a 12 gram adapter from my friend for $25 three days ago. Whoowee! Let me tell you, this gun is loud! It sounds like an m203 grenade launcher every time I shoot. I love the sound. Most like their guns to be quiet, but I want this "mortar" as I call it, to be as loud as possible. My friend told me the gun is like 13 years old, but who knows. Accuracy is excellent however, and I get about 50 shots per 12 gram CO2 cartridge.

My last post was quite wrong - I just re-read the article and it said girls were easier to train and more humble when it came to shooting, so they often ended up better shots than men.

Shippi, I've only ever been to normal days (with about eight 15-minute games during the day), and I'm not really sure what a walk-on is, or how to get involved in one.

I'm also not sure about all this 'bunkering' business either, which is why I happily shot through the windows of that van - I wasn't going out of my way to hurt them as much as possible, but it seemed like the easiest way to dispose of them at the time (firing from long distance only resulted on the paintballs getting stuck in the camouflage netting). The only real rules they gave us were not to shoot from point blank range, or at enemies that had already surrendered.

I should have explained.. sorry, lol. Walkons are usually held 1 day a month on a site, but it obviously depends on the site. Basically, it's a day where everyone brings all their own kit, and it's a lot cheaper than renting it.
I don't know if this is true for all walkons, but they're generally a lot less organised. Players just turn up, and they play. Simple as that. Hence the name :) . There are no set teams, and you play as many games as you can fit in.
The only thing is that you have to have your own kit to play. I haven't used many differnet markers, so I can't really recommend anything. If you see one you like check it out on www.pbreview.com

And don't worry about hurting anyone you shoot at (unless it's at a stupid range or they're little kids). It's their fault for coming so close to you ;)

lol, this is stupid. I talk more about paintball than Half-Life here... I'm in the wrong forum. Well, this is off-topic i suppose...

walk on is also considered BYOP- bring your own paint. Paint is like half price on these days, admission is cheaper and at one of my fields its free for students. We have them weekly at my fields here, and ffs its a helluve mess.

Yeah. Admission is free for under 16s here, and students get a discount. You can BYOP, but I think you have to pay £25 admission instead of £15, or whatever the prices are now

By now, I think a lot of you will know of my feelings on the subject of Australian paintballing...

Heh. Around two years ago my friends and I got together to play paintball. They all had good semi-auto guns. My one friend had an $800 gun. All I had was a shitty Brass Eagle Talon.

So the night before I got bored and decided to build a stock for my gun.

- 2 hinges
- 1 piece of scrap wood
- 1 pair of socks
- Electric tape
- Duct tape
- 5 minutes

Low and behold: The Buttstock to Rule them All!!!

Though, 5 minutes before we started playing the damn pump handle broke off.

Is the Talon all plastic? My Diablo pump gun is almost entirely metal. It's a weird kind of metal though. It almost feels "fuzzy".

plastic, though my stock is still holding up.

Haha, that would be cool. I think it is just a different type of metal. I haven't seen a single paintball gun with this kind of metal. The barrel is thick as hell too. I think the barrel is unique for this gun, so it can't be upgraded. BTW, I tried using a 4X scope...DON'T. It's useless! It's just a novelty piece.

i hate kids that have laser, red dots or scopes on their guns. It doesnt work but pball people still sell them. How often do u guys get to go out?

I have a cheapy red dot on my cocker set up for long distance. If you sight/dial them in there great for long range percision. of course you have to be used to wind adgustments. but when you do you can go for thier own marker to take them out of a bunker

Back