PC Gameplay score 90% vs FarCry 93%?!?

EVIL said:
I doubt it, CS aint impressive. and they where seriously reffering to their old times when tyhey used to play hl2DM and how dissapointed they where when they found out hl2 didnt had a vanilla DM

Still, with all the updated maps it's bound to be impressive the first time you play it. Plus they would be a new multiplayer for them to play before everyone else.

not for the most gamers, most peeps already have played CS, and the updated graphics isnt a really good reason to get exited about it. nothing new nothing interesting, but thats my oppinion, other people are shure to disaggre with me

I should honestly give a proper review it just take out so much time. Perhaps a scan then translate with babble fish and just correct the grammar errors. I hope I still have an OCR reader installed!

Ok, ok, stop the squabbling, or I'll get the Missing Multiple Egg Merchant!

Then you'll be sorry!

For all everyone knows, HL2 could suck. We don't know anything at all about the gameplay or AI or graphics performance or anything like that. You should probably hold weight in what credible reviewers say, because if they've been consistent about their opinions matching up to yours, then odds are they'll be right again. Makes sense -- right?

no. Its known the have amazing singleplayer gameplay. remember 90% is still an amazing score.

Bluestrike said:
Actually its more like 6% (probebly jusr 3-4% if you knew the magazine)

Unless u asume they would have given the full 100% if it had DM or any other original multiplay option.

So there is just a 6% difference between their score and the one in other mags.

Now if you knew the magazine you probebly knew it would never had more then 94-95 anyway and that would break their score record already. so its only a 4-5 % difference.

Count in there might be other minor factors at play the reviewer felt was worth substracting points.

Now people what like to compare,
Doom3 had a 94% in pcgamer where HL2 had 96?
Thats 2% lower then HL2
Doom3 had only 86 in pcgp and HL2 a 90 thats 4% difference ...

Also what is the lowest score pcgamer ever gave?
PCGP isn't afraid to go under 50 I can remember 26.
Well spoken, I actually love PCGP :bounce:

PCGamer & PCZone with their frigging flashy and always "exclusive" (ROFL oh really... exclusive where? In their office maybe...) reviews are the worse magazines!

I know most of you guys bashing it, haven't read the review because you simply don't know Dutch :rolling:

90% is a very good score in PCGP, no doubt about that (if you KNOW the mag that is...)! Do I think HL2 DM is a big loss? I don't really know, never player HL1 DM so... but thinking about it... multiplayer with all (not just some rolling barrels & ragdoll bodies) the new physics & vehicles would probably have been great. On the other hand, I love CS:S... so I probably would have rated it higher if I were the reviewer :thumbs:

P.S.: why did FC get 93% in PCGP? Because it was the first of the "next-gen" shooters -> novelty-factor !!! (I remember playing the demo, swimming under water between the seaweed & the fish, seeing the amazing tropical island from the surf: I was absolutely blown away!!!)

P.S.2: reviews are subjective, either be a fanboy and bash a frigging 90% (who has those kind of percentages at school hey???) or take them for what they are - an opinion of some lucky bastard - and play/judge the game yourself when it's out >>> end of discussion :flame:

Edge said:
Well... I didn't say that sir. I just asked who this unknown magazine was... do you think everyone not in benelux (3 countries) knows of your local magazine? Oh and it's Benelux. If you are so proud then capitalize it :) :bounce:

Fair enough, but I just picked youre comment and gave a global reply for everyone what assumed PCgamer or others are number one everywhere so sorry for aiming for you in paticular :)

SoSorry said:
That's interesting since I said earlier that I did not have a problem with the score. Half-Life2 could be worth 80% for all I know. My point is that the review and their motivation behind the score is totally rubbish. I also said I hate CounterStrike Source but I recognize its value as it is the Number one played online game in the world. PC Gameplay review is rubbish and so is your reading skills :D

Okay then you can find it rubbish if you wan't, but I don't really see whats wrong, do you speak dutch and did you read the review before i even bother to comment more? ;)

nadorst said:
P.S.: why did FC get 93% in PCGP? Because it was the first of the "next-gen" shooters -> novelty-factor !!! (I remember playing the demo, swimming under water between the seaweed & the fish, seeing the amazing tropical island from the surf: I was absolutely blown away!!!)

Can a moderator please change the thread ? Farcry didn't get a 93 'only' a 91. So thats just 1% difference and Farcry had the advantage of being first.

RhapSidious said:
As a negative point the missing multiple egg merchant is stated.
....omfg.

that just made my day. I can't sleep now. and sigged for good measure.

i'm going to have to steal your old sig now, sh33p.

Back