PC Gamer Exclusive Half-Life 2 Review

CatBOne said:
My guess for the score is 97%, no game will ever be perfect...

PC Gamer UK won't give it 97%. (I'll assume you are referring to the UK version because you mentioned Tesco). They gave Half-Life 96% and they haven't given another game the same score since.

^^^Who knows, maybe it's better than HL.

Also, someone PM me info please.

if pcgamer doesn't like bugs (as in little alien bugs that squish when u hit them with ur crowbar) they will prolly give it a 89...

STOP PM'ING ME ASKING FOR INFORMATION/SCORE OF THE PCGAMER REVIEW!

I can't tell you!

^^^What's the score, and who is your daddy, and what does he do? :p

Yeah someone needs to post the score as soon as they see it. I'm going to pick up the magazine myself but probably will not be able to until the weekend.

I think it has to be at least a 97... I'll make my official guess as 99. 100 would be nice but has PC Gamer given a perfect score?

mashed said:
Yeah someone needs to post the score as soon as they see it. I'm going to pick up the magazine myself but probably will not be able to until the weekend.

I think it has to be at least a 97... I'll make my official guess as 99. 100 would be nice but has PC Gamer given a perfect score?
The highest they ever gave was 98% to Alpha Centauri, Half-Life 1 recieved a 97 from them.

Ok thanks for the info. I guess a 96 or a 97 would be likely then, but I'll keep hoping it sets a new standard. God knows enough work has gone into the game design and engine technology, and we've waited six years for it...

mashed said:

Erm, have you played the game?

Frizz said:
The other day in work i was looking at the mags, there was a sign saying PC gamer UK comes out the first firday of ever month and i was right...

"Priced £5.49 (CD version) or £5.99 (DVD version), the November issue of PC Gamer hits the shops on Friday 1st October."

But the best part about it

http://www.futurenet.com/pcgamer/magazine/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=32002&subsectionid=1048

:) nice Cover Art

It was coming out on the 1st but now it's coming out on the 5th. They put it back (probably because of the NDA).

Icarus said:
STOP PM'ING ME ASKING FOR INFORMATION/SCORE OF THE PCGAMER REVIEW!

I can't tell you!

When is your NDA lifted? Sorry if this has been asked.

Democritus said:
Hits shelves vs. hits subscribers, I assume. Thanks.

By the time the NDA has been lifted, you probably won't care that it has.

Icarus said:
Guess what?
Look at my sig
You can't even say when you will be able to say anything? Wow thats a tight agreement.

This wait is just killing me now, when is someone going to get it legitimately and post the score and comments!? :sniper:

The Mullinator said:
You can't even say when you will be able to say anything? Wow thats a tight agreement.

This wait is just killing me now, when is someone going to get it legitimately and post the score and comments!? :sniper:

I can't say the time limits on any of them, but they all say that I can talk about it after they give me the okay, or if it goes public through no fault of my own.

(And no I won't leak it out)

alan8325 said:
With reviews coming out this soon, I find it hard to believe that the game will be delayed much longer. Does anyone know the record time between magazine reviews and game release for other games?

This is exactly what I was driving at in my first post a few days back (check rumors & speculation section).

My personal recollection of every major game I've purchased in the past seems that I had the game in hand at least a couple days before official reviews were in mags on the shelves.

Does anybody recall similar experiences or perhaps vice versa where the reviews were out ahead of the game which could certainly be possible here in light of VUG sitting on the RC? Or are they??? Who knows, either way I'll keep an eye out for the PC Gamer US copy... :p

Frizz said:
The other day in work i was looking at the mags, there was a sign saying PC gamer UK comes out the first firday of ever month and i was right...

"Priced £5.49 (CD version) or £5.99 (DVD version), the November issue of PC Gamer hits the shops on Friday 1st October."

But the best part about it

http://www.futurenet.com/pcgamer/magazine/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=32002&subsectionid=1048

:) nice Cover Art

If you blow up that pic of the new cover, it looks like it says -"Best Review" with 5 stars under it. I wonder what that means :)

SoSorry said:
If you blow up that pic of the new cover, it looks like it says -"Best Review" with 5 stars under it. I wonder what that means :)
It says "The Best Reviews", as in, PCGamer has the best reviews.

Now this game is realy going to kik ass ?

The answer is YES.

so these scans im hearing about, are they from a subscriber getting the magazine too early? if so, it reminds me of when they accidentally sent out the magazine that first mentioned HL2 a year ago. it took me a few hours of frantic searching to find those scans. i wonder if it will happen again. although, ill only let myself look at pictures and check the score.

so its out on 1st of october :D i honestly thought it was the 5th
/gets £6.00 ready for friday

why are there so few sources of this rar... arrrr i would die for getting it NOW

VoodooMinigeek said:
This is exactly what I was driving at in my first post a few days back (check rumors & speculation section).

My personal recollection of every major game I've purchased in the past seems that I had the game in hand at least a couple days before official reviews were in mags on the shelves.

Does anybody recall similar experiences or perhaps vice versa where the reviews were out ahead of the game which could certainly be possible here in light of VUG sitting on the RC? Or are they??? Who knows, either way I'll keep an eye out for the PC Gamer US copy... :p

Well, CS:CZ was reviewed about 4 or 5 months before it was released.

Well, it seems that the RAR file that the people was sharing is actually the PCGamer preview, not the actual review that we all are waiting.
Funny how bored the people is.

kikekun said:
Well, it seems that the RAR file that the people was sharing is actually the PCGamer preview, not the actual review that we all are waiting.
Funny.
oh well, i guess its good it didnt get leaked. i just hope we see it hit subscribers sometime in the next few days.

Given that this all started so soon because US subscribers get their copies a couple of weeks before it hits the shelves...

Don't UK subscribers get theirs early too? Only by a few days instead of weeks.

Wraithen said:
Given that this all started so soon because US subscribers get their copies a couple of weeks before it hits the shelves...

Don't UK subscribers get theirs early too? Only by a few days instead of weeks.

Yep.

*Me looks towards Axyon*

Icarus said:
I can't say the time limits on any of them, but they all say that I can talk about it after they give me the okay, or if it goes public through no fault of my own.

(And no I won't leak it out)

Half-Life 2 Multiplayer is reviewed!

There now you can comment on it since it's leaked :)

FISKER_Q said:
Half-Life 2 Multiplayer is reviewed!

There now you can comment on it since it's leaked :)

Ha, shall we just list hundreds of different things?

On a side note, the blown up image says they'll have a review of Top Spin

YAY!

Back