PC Gamer UK - Half-Life 2 Review.

the funker

Reaction score
As everyone else is blowing their cover, we can’t hold back our excitement any longer - Half-Life 2 is reviewed in the next issue of PC Gamer, on sale Oct 5. Our UK exclusive features eight pages on the biggest game ever to hit the PC. We've toyed with the gravity gun, gone toe-to-toe with the Overwatch, and watched in awe as the Striders strut.

Find out how good it is when we hit the shelves on October the 5th.

Here's the other, official announcement from Lord Donald. Just thought you guys should know as well

http://forum.pcgamer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=51308

Yay!

They are all coming out of their hiding places :) Damn this is gonna be good.

Nice!! I will take this(and all the other mags reviews) as a sign that October is going to be like an early Xmas for us...
Fingers,toes,eyes...cross 'em all!!

The Overwatch?

/me raises one eyebrow so high he hits a bird in the sky

Can you give a sneak peak (i.e. is it the best game ever?)

I'm all excited now ;(

Huzzah for that and cheese on toast for all!
I suppose an ETA is too much to ask? Yes, I thought it would be.
...and what's the "Overwatch"? Actually, scratch that I don't want to know.

Murray_H said:
The Overwatch?

/me raises one eyebrow so high he hits a bird in the sky

Can you give a sneak peak (i.e. is it the best game ever?)

I'm all excited now ;(

Yes, I can.

*has sudden heart attack brought on from excitement and Glaswegian diet*

Erk!

the funker said:
Yes, I can.

*has sudden heart attack brought on from excitement and Glaswegian diet*

Erk!

Nooooo

/me provides an Irn Bru drip

Don't die on me!

shouts "clear !!!"

shocks the funker with 400 volts

we've got pulse!!!

so... howbout that sneak peak?? :cheese:

oooo we have PCGamer staff in our prescence. It is the best mag in the UK IMO. HL2 "really" that good? :)

just typed overwatch into google and hl2 and this came up.

Ellen McLane - Overwatch voice.

Sounds like they have nothing but good things to say. :cheers:

overwatch! perhaps theyre the guys who live in the massive towers casting their evil plans down onto the city of city 17 and they control the combine by their evil overwatching eyes....

So is it all we hoped it would be, or should I cancel my preorder which I have had since April last year :p .

Wow, what's this, 3 or 4 mags now? Are any of them from the U.S.??

On another note, could you give us a "sneak peak" review??? ;)

........i'll give you a cookie

Varsity said:
Don't you dare breath a WORD Craig.

Don't worry. My heart attack brought with it amnesia. I've forgotten everything I ever knew about HL2.

Bah, we'll know in 2 weeks, if not sooner.

You could at least give us your honest impression of the game, whether it was everything you hoped/expected or if it let you down in some regards. No details required.

What about game status...did they send you an RC copy, or a......gold copy??

Varsity said:
Don't you dare breath a WORD Craig.
That sounds like someones boss speaking......Craig......can I have a word in the office please..... :sniper:

I dont think the NDA's will be in force for too much longer. Look at our Belgium friends. They got a march on it before the rest of Europe. Wait for the scans to be sent around, but I will still buy PC Gamer when its out.....whens that again...!?!?
:borg:

Sashswash said:
What about game status...did they send you an RC copy, or a......gold copy??
Yeah I wondered about that. Most magazines (I know PCG does this) explicitly state that they won't review a game till it's gone gold.
Although perhaps most mags feel the RC is good enough or they're all just trying to beat each other to it.

Craig could you tell us what score did HL2 got :p

+90% ?

Dr0ndeh said:
i bet it gets 95%
I bet we have to buy the mag.......

Craig ain't gonna say......

Head and chopping block come to mind.....

mmackay51 said:
I bet we have to buy the mag.......

Craig ain't gonna say......

Head and chopping block come to mind.....

i bet the magazine scans will be out before the magazine...

If They Gave It Under The 93% Im Gonna Cancel My Pcgamer Subscribtion !!!!!

the funker said:
As everyone else is blowing their cover, we can’t hold back our excitement any longer - Half-Life 2 is reviewed in the next issue of PC Gamer

So?

I really don't care, a review isn't the full product, when I have that in my hand I'll freak out.

Dr0ndeh said:
i bet the magazine scans will be out before the magazine...
Check my previous post up top....The Belguim lot will beat us all to it......

100% damn it this game will be perfect :p are these magazine reviews an indication that the game may indeed be going gold very soon? i sure as hell hope so

i would piss myself if its delayed until 2005 with all the reviews comming out next month. 'sorry lads :('

Dr0ndeh said:
i would piss myself if its delayed until 2005 with all the reviews comming out next month. 'sorry lads :('
It's gonna be late Oct / early Nov. I'll put my house on it.

mmackay51 said:
It's gonna be late Oct / early Nov. I'll put my house on it.
*takes your house. Going by my logic in mchammer land Im sure itll be out shortly after or before the time of the reviews. Why? In a earlier thread it was stated that valve didnt want mags to print pictures of the game before the game was released. Of course they could release the review without any pics, but I highly doubt they would do that.

EDIT: then again I could be completely wrong, which I probably am but hey just trying to connect the dots here folks...

Hooray, thanks for telling us. This is good news.

Hmm, You've changed the date it comes out, haven't you? The last magazine says that it's out on the 1st of October.

Why would they put all these reviews out of Hlaf-Life 2 and then let it sit around for a month or so before releasing it, it would bve very bad pr, i would say we'll definitely have it at least by the middle of october
Edit: Oh, yeah, thanks for the info, any news is good news, unless it's delay news, which doesn't seem likely now that the pr machine is in full swing.

Icarusintel said:
Why would they put all these reviews out of Hlaf-Life 2 and then let it sit around for a month or so before releasing it, it would bve very bad pr, i would say we'll definitely have it at least by the middle of october
Edit: Oh, yeah, thanks for the info, any news is good news, unless it's delay news, which doesn't seem likely now that the pr machine is in full swing.

What the hell is this PR Machine you are referring to? Is it just Valve doing the standard normal practise of giving magazines review copies of games?

Well, this was great to wake up to. I wonder if the US PC Gamer will also have a review in the issue released in October.

Back