PC Gamer UK - Half-Life 2 Review.

el Chi said:
Yeah I wondered about that. Most magazines (I know PCG does this) explicitly state that they won't review a game till it's gone gold.
Although perhaps most mags feel the RC is good enough or they're all just trying to beat each other to it.

Actually it's phrased to say that they only review games "that are finished". Slight difference.

A lot of good news around here lately...

Overwatch... Hmmm... if I remember correctly, the list of voice actors posted on these forums also had "Ellen McLane - Overwatch Voice" in it...

I reckon it's something to do with that female voice that speaks over the PA system during the tenements video...

"Attention residents: Miscount detected in your block etc etc..."

I think you may be right about who\what the over watch is..
I was looking at the list of voice actors and that was the first thing that popped in my mind..based on what has been seen\heard at least

WAHOO!

IMO, PCGamer is the best PCgames mag out there. Unlike most others, the layout is proffessional, the writing standard is great, the reviewers are excellent, the editing is good and they have the 'Lionhead Diaries' at the back. What more could any gamer want!!!!![?]

And it's around about now that I thank the fact that I have a subscription... should hopefully get the mag on around Oct 1st (judging by previous deliveries) :D

Axyon said:
And it's around about now that I thank the fact that I have a subscription... should hopefully get the mag on around Oct 1st (judging by previous deliveries) :D
you will scan it right right ?! :naughty:

DigiQ8 said:
you will scan it right right ?! :naughty:
As much as I'd like to spread the love, Munro would probably ban me if I posted it here :p

Sorry, I don't want to jeopardize the site in any way. Plus I wouldn't want to violate my lovely mag like that ;)

Axyon said:
Sorry, I don't want to jeopardize the site in any way. Plus I wouldn't want to violate my lovely mag like that ;)
oh well
people will scan it anyway :p
you are not the only one that have a subscription :p

So now we know we will go toe to toe with the overwatch, thanks to pcgamer..

talking about professionalism..

...but you could maybe give a little summary, and post the sorce. right?

It would be a nice surprice to see what it got when i return from the mountains

I would rather read a summary from you, because i think/hope you wont post spoilers

Xenome said:

You don't have to go toe to toe, you could probably shoot it in its' back like a coward.

Koffern said:
...but you could maybe give a little summary, and post the sorce. right?

It would be a nice surprice to see what it got when i return from the mountains

I would rather read a summary from you, because i think/hope you wont post spoilers
Yeah, I'll do a summary and post the score.

Axyon said:
Yeah, I'll do a summary and post the score.

Heh, you could torture people by just saying "Hmm I read it, very interesting".

PvtRyan said:
Heh, you could torture people by just saying "Hmm I read it, very interesting".
I would never do something like that!

:)

Don't turn this into a PC Gamer vs. Edge thread.

It would rather be an Edge vs the rest thread, but no, I have no intention towards such a discussion.

I'm simply a bit puzzled by the hyperbolic praise heaped upon PCG UK, not much more to it than that.

Well i've decided not to hold my review of HL2 back any longer. I believe this review is a world exclusive.

I rate Half-life 2... 8.9/10.

If i was to be honest PC Zone is better than gamer.

but whatever, ill just read gamers review on the web when some1 posts it.

Xenome said:

Like, what is the Overwatch?

And I thought you wouldn't check these forums out anymore :p

Pc gamer rocks iv been subscribed to it for over 2 years now here in the us.

Well, my 15 minutes of fame came from Edge; i was the first to scan the HL2 teaser like a year ago and everyone went crazy. People started saying i was the guy who started the MS/Rare rumour.

But on topic, i'm excited about any review, no matter the source.

I like PC Gamer the most if only because it tends to have a better layout, it's funny, it's always got a disc with it, and I generally find it full of more information I find interesting.

It does, however, suffer from a bad case of brown nose when it comes to reviewing games from top-tier developers. I mean Doom 3 and WarCraft 3 got rated in the high 90's. Don't get me wrong, I liked those games. They were solid, polished, and fun to play. But they brought absolutely nothing new to the table. Doom 3 is actually a step backwards in terms of FPS gameplay, but succeeds in crafting a creepy and scary environment. But PCG, of course, lavished them with praise. I guess that's why they usually get their games before most other magazines. If you're big enough, you can count on getting a near-perfect score.

This is PC Gamer UK. Don't lump them all together because they've got the same name. PC Gamer UK gave Doom 3 90%. They tend to be quite fair in their reviews.

90% is still too high if you ask me, but it is fairer than the US review.

Wait a second........will these reviews have any kinds of spoilers in them? Major or minor? If so, I think I'll just steer clear.

/me predicts 95-99% score :D

Yeah spoilers are gonna be an issue for sure. While major plotlines wont be spoilt, your gonna hear about new enemies and locations without a doubt.

kush said:
Well, my 15 minutes of fame came from Edge; i was the first to scan the HL2 teaser like a year ago and everyone went crazy. People started saying i was the guy who started the MS/Rare rumour.

But on topic, i'm excited about any review, no matter the source.

That takes me back, ive still got that crazy scan around here somwhere.

I don't get it. Was Craig's post/posts deleted? I can't find them? ;(

Back