PCGamer Reviews Crysis

OmegaX

Tank
Reaction score
crysisah6.jpg

Just got my latest December issue of PCGamer and they have the world's first Crysis review. It got a 98%, which is pretty damn good for PCGamer standards. They also mentioned the single player takes around 12 hours to complete.

Highs: A graphical powerhouse, immersive, open-ended sandbox that encourages emergent gameplay, well-placed storyline, meticulously detailed; engrossing multiplayer, included map editor.

Lows: Alien AI not as spectacular as North Korean AI; enemies can sometimes absorb too much damage; a few minor glitches.

Bottom Line: Destined to be a classic, Crysis is a creative and technological marvel that eclipses every other shooter released this year.

I was hoping Crysis was going to tank. Damn.

98%. That ties it with HL2 and Alpha Centauri as the highest rated PC games by PCGamer.

Qonf, why were you hoping it would tank? :S

The highest score PCG UK has ever given anything is 96% I believe; HL2 among others. I think the review is in this month's edition which came out the other day so I'll pick it up tomorrow.

a few minor glitches and AI that could be fixed, and enemies taking too much damage knocks off 2%?

are we getting soft? I'd knock off 10% for that many annoyances.

WTF?! An EA game the highest rated PC game ever?! i can't tell my friends this we had a bet where I thought crysis would tank.

Wow.

Go figure, this officially means that graphics > story.

Damn it the wii is doomed now ;(. Does that mean PS3 is the best now?

Im guessing thats PCGamer US? Ill wait for PCGamer UK then...

Still, i always trust PCGamer over any other mag or internet site, so if it says its good..it must be imo.

Any game score over 95% is pretty retarded imo. No game is perfect. Crysis is fun, but it's still pretty much the same as farcry, but with a few added gameplay elements (suit).

98%?! It can't be that good. Surely?

Half-Life got 97%, and Half-Life 2 got %98 from PC Gamer USA. I'll wait for UK edition too.

Crysis better than the Half Life series?
bah! we'll see about that

My December issue of PC Gamer (USA) just has the Hellgate London review... nothing on Crysis...

Wow.

Go figure, this officially means that graphics > story.

We have only played the first 45 mins or so of the game. Who knows, it could turn into something very unique later in the game. Any good games are a plus in my book. People seem to want Crysis to fail for no good reason other than the fact that EA produced it. I hate EA as much as anyone, but Crytek still developed it. Get the game or don't, it doesn't change the fact that many people will still enjoy it.

Does the review mention if Psycho is a leading main character. The moment I saw him, I just couldn't contemplate him dying.

Afterall, he's a cockney, no one ever kills of a cockney, EVER!

I don't find PCGAMER UK trustworthy as they tend to be biast, I'll wait till PCZONE

Bottom Line: Destined to be a classic, Crysis is a creative and technological marvel that eclipses every other shooter released this year.

does not compute.

Like others, i'm wondering it it PcGamer Uk? Fukin hell though 98?

Seeing as I've put at least 4 hours into the demo and had a blast all the while, I'm not terribly surprised with this score. I expected something in the mid 90's.

My December issue of PC Gamer (USA) just has the Hellgate London review... nothing on Crysis...

I received 2 copies in December, the earlier one was on Hellgate London. Got another one today with Crysis on the cover. Not sure why they have two different issues in the same month.
Like others, i'm wondering it it PcGamer Uk? Fukin hell though 98?

It is PCGamer U.S.

I received 2 copies in December, the earlier one was on Hellgate London. Got another one today with Crysis on the cover. Not sure why they have two different issues in the same month.

It is PCGamer U.S.

Maybe one of them is fake.

One of them is the "PCGAMER Holiday special edition sponsored by EA", I wonder which one of those two is... ;)

excellent..... I told you this is going to score over 95%.

wait for gamespot and IGN rating now....

I seriously doubt its that good, there is no game FPS game better than Half-Life 2 and there wont be unless its another Valve game. FACT.

Last time I ever trusted a magazine's review for a super hyped game like this, I was in diapers. If it has good graphics, mediocre everything else, and a lot of hype, its guaranteed a 90+ score.

I seriously doubt its that good, there is no game FPS game better than Half-Life 2 and there wont be unless its another Valve game. FACT.

I hope your joking I just read a review from a other mag and you people think the story is going to be very flat or its going to be Farcry 1.5

then you are a moron

note:"moron was directly directed at you...peoople in general.

I think hype does play a large factor in the game reviews. For instance I thought Halo 3 wasn't that great at all, nearly identical to Halo 2 in many ways. But nearly every single review gave it a very high score.

Oh well, if more people buy it because of reviews good for them.

Upgrading their computers to just play Crysis, they're technically spending $1000+ for a game, then $50 for the game itself.
That's a lot of money for mediocrity.

But, I'll reserve my final judgments until I play an MP demo, or try it by other means.

noooooooo!..... This mean I HAVE to upgrade my system. It's no longer an option. an AMD 4000+ and a 7800GTX just won't cut the mustard any more.

They must not of downloaded the beta and had problem like EVERYONE else

noooooooo!..... This mean I HAVE to upgrade my system. It's no longer an option. an AMD 4000+ and a 7800GTX just won't cut the mustard any more.

I feel the pain, this game couldve totally won me over if not for the fact that my 7800 GTX (I couldve sworn last year it was cutting edge) just cant produce even on medium settings.

I trust PC gamer a lot (even though they really like HG: London, which I thought sucked) so I will be looking forward to seeing the in depth review on how this game actually is.

They must not of downloaded the beta and had problem like EVERYONE else

It's called a beta because it's not finished. We have yet to see a finished version of the multi-player with more maps and game modes. Even then, I enjoyed the beta even with it's glitches.

Back