Phishing attempt - Not what you think...

Valve are already contacting Google, Yahoo, AOL, and all major ISP companies to permanently ban him from the butts.

None of that was in the serious conversation...

Edit: Steam Community seems to have been just shut down. They are taking action to ban all individuals involved.

:p

s23438_ps2_8.jpg

SHUT IT! They're watching...All of them...

This thread turned from awesome to plain "what the hell"? Banned him for playing a thief for what they are worth? Not his fault the guys a complete moron.

No just Sargeant Cortez. Since they deleted the other thread, I can't seem to let go of him.

Thats lame as hell that he was banned.

I say he should use the account for devious purposes since hes already suffering the punishment!

But seriously, thats lame. I could see it if he posted the details on here, but he asterisked them, so wtf?

This thread turned from awesome to plain "what the hell"? Banned him for playing a thief for what they are worth? Not his fault the guys a complete moron.

It's probably because it's promoting phishing, and the mentality of phishing.
"Ohhh, well, they're stupid enough to give me their info!".
You can't blame someone for wanting to try and get free stuff, no matter how stupid they are.

But we can blame them for trying to steal stuff, no matter how stupid they are.

OH SHI-

I didnt see it, but i knew biggie details :O

I lol'd.

(Actually I bet Hectic just stole his account.)

Can a mod at least give a definitive reason as to why he was bant?

I mean, we all know why, but i'd like to see it in official words...

Well, on HL2.net's part, the exposure/exploitation of someone's Steam account is against policy because of the closeness to Valve themselves.

Even in a case like this, where Reginald was most likely only joking around with the kid and never expected anyone to be so stupid by posting their details publicly, it couldn't go unpunished.

See OvA incident.

Back