Physgun/weldinggun?

Spiffe

Reaction score
What is that avalible?
seen some threads about it. But I can't find it or get the thing to work..
Can someone post a step by step hot to get the phys/welding gun?

Here's the link from which you download the mod.

http://www.pcgamemods.com/8839/

There is a notefile attatched which explains how you get it to work. And when you play you simply use the console command <give weapon_physgun> and you're good to go!

I can't seem to find any file in the valve folder that has a half life 2.exe, and how am i suppossed to type in the console for the -console for cheats and the one for the mod?

cool!!!!!!
Thanks demon_fall!!!
I'm so amazed!
been waiting for this for ages =)=)=)
Now I'm gonna play

Ehh.. Now it's just two problems;
1. How do I weld stuff together?

2. Why cant I pick up like dead combines and such?

Steam\Steamapps\<your username>\half life2\

This is where you extract the file. This folder should contain a "hl2" and "bin" folder, as well as a Half Life2 logo, which is your .exe file.

And in the launch options it should look like this: <-console -game jbmod>

No problem spliffe! :thumbs:

Indeed the physgun elevates the replay value!

Have fun!

- Demon_Fall

How to use physgun:

The primary beam lets you grab things to move them around as you please.

The secondary launches a red-welding-thing.

To weld to objects to gether, one red-welding-thing must be placed on both of the objects at the position you want them to be connected.

When this is accomplished you must use the primary beam to move one of the objects onto the other.

At the moment the beam turns from blue to red you release the primary trigger and the two objects will then be succesfuly connected. Note that this final phase only occurs when the two red-welding-things are in contact.

Hope this gives you some help. If not, let me know!

- Demon_Fall

the weldinggun has no purpose when ini combat only to like get to high places

Or to make an airplane out of your buggy. Don't underestimate the welding gun. With the physics in source the possibilitys are endless.

demon_fall said:
Steam\Steamapps\<your username>\half life2\

This is where you extract the file. This folder should contain a "hl2" and "bin" folder, as well as a Half Life2 logo, which is your .exe file.

And in the launch options it should look like this: <-console -game jbmod>

No problem spliffe! :thumbs:

Indeed the physgun elevates the replay value!

Have fun!

- Demon_Fall
I did this, and when i run hl2 the load option is blank with no saved files and the start new game is all blank too, when i click start new game it does nothing?

gokumike said:
I did this, and when i run hl2 the load option is blank with no saved files and the start new game is all blank too, when i click start new game it does nothing?
ya u have to use the console command:
map <mapname>

bilbov said:
ya u have to use the console command:
map <mapname>

did that as well and it sat there for a long time, so i had to ctrl alt del out.

Sit longer... takes quite a while, at least the first time. But if it's no good, well then I'm out of ideas.

this is so cool..
If you welr stuff togeather and then try to weld the stuff togeather that already is you can fly! =) like in the vids in the other thread.
heh heh... hours of fun

Has anyone noticed that the pigeons flying around the coast map take craps? I noticed then when I was playing with the physgun, I welded a bunch of barrels to the buggy and a pigeon would come and sit on it. I'd walk away for a minute looking for barrels or something and when I came back there was bird crap everywhere!
I laughed. Then I killed the bird. He shat all over my car!
Then another one came and did the same thing.

Hehe, yeah same thing happened to me! Although it was a seagull.

The attention to detail in this game is simply amazing.

- Demon_Fall

Attachments

• thats the ocean for ya'll.jpg
    thats the ocean for ya'll.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 294
How do I add that line in the launch options? At first I thought it was just adding it on to the target line in the properties of the shortcut, but it comes up with an error and doesnt let me accept it.

demon_fall said:
Or to make an airplane out of your buggy. Don't underestimate the welding gun. With the physics in source the possibilitys are endless.

I wish that was possible, I do however believe that, saying you massivly boost the enginepower of the buggy (There's commands for that on the forums somewhere), you might get it to lift off :).

Krynn72 said:
How do I add that line in the launch options? At first I thought it was just adding it on to the target line in the properties of the shortcut, but it comes up with an error and doesnt let me accept it.

If you're using steam, rightclick on HL2, click on properties, click on launchoptions. Then enter the line there (Don't forget the -).
If you've made a shortcut on your desktop, you should keep the "" in there, for the inital targetline, you add the launchcommands AFTER the "PATH". Like "c:/Valve/SteamApps/Etc/Hl2.exe" -Launchcodeline

i get an error message when trying to satrt the game saying gameiinfo.txt does not exist in jbmod.

IonizeMyAtoms said:
Could someone point me in the direction of the thread with the flying videos?

Here you go.

For those who doesn't get the physgun-mod to work properly I'll try to make a complete guide on how to install and use it. Just hang on and I'll have it done in no time.

- Demon_Fall

ok thanks demon fall that would be really good of you cheers

demon_fall do demon's fall?
i saw a demon fly!
maybe you saw a demon with wings run out of stamina?

hehe, nice! :thumbs:

yeah I'm here working on the guide, gonna post a new thread for it soon.

I get an error

when I start half-life 2 with the jbmod i get this error

I installed it by putting the jbmod folder in (username)/half-life2/
and I put the command -game jbmod on the shortcut command line

Is there a way to make this file "server.dll" not in "debug mode"

I don't really know much about this kind of stuff

I've posted a new thread with the guide now. Check it out.

- Demon_Fall

It works to build flying machines. I just did.. Not out of the buggy tho.
Just like you weld stuff. And then you standing at it and lift it up. If you welded the stuff right you magen to luft yourself aswell
LOL

Spiffe said:
It works to build flying machines. I just did.. Not out of the buggy tho.
Just like you weld stuff. And then you standing at it and lift it up. If you welded the stuff right you magen to luft yourself aswell
LOL

Like the movie Alix made right? That looked so awesome! Have to try it myself! :p

There just have to be released a team-weld-mod of some kind where you can work in teams on building som huge structures or vehicules. This is just too much fun!

- Demon_Fall

I can see why valve didn't include this in game

1) It's very buggy and has caused me over 20 crashes in about 2 hours of playing.

2) You could easily weld yourself a nice little flying box and fly across the whole map if you have the time.

Valve could have it in the game. Like when you completed the game you unlocked this welding game-mode.
That would be more easy for people eho doesn't get this to work..
I really feel sad for them. Coz it's so funny =)

the link to pcgamemods doesn't work for me...?

Back