Pictures of Yourself the "Jintor demands it happen" version

pre-arm drilling:

zEb15.jpg

Pi is like Kane, if Kane could rip your jaw clean off with three fingers.

In silent protest at being on a bloody merry-go-round. It may have been just a little bit entertaining...

424063_2710819904531_1677870045_1989439_187814092_n.jpg

Just came back from backpacking through Thailand and Laos. This was taken in Nong Khai, bordering Laos/Mekong River, at a sculpture park.

krus.png

Having a last-minute look at the crossword before heading out for dinner with the family.
And I thought repiV was living dangerous with his merry-go-round venture. My what thrilling lives everyone here lives.

WHY THE **** DOES IT KEEP ADDING TWO CLOSING QUOTE TAGS AT THE END OF MY POST. **** VALVETIME.NET I HATE IT

I don't think I've ever been on a merry-go-round, I kinda envy him.

You know, hl2.net is a lot sexier than I'd imagined. Never really combed any of these threads. Even if we're posting manicured, specified photographs.

Merry-go-rounds are awesome, shut up everybody. And crosswords can get pretty exciting too...my family gets fairly competitive over the Saturday Irish Times one.

sweet jacket bro

So we got these promotional shirts at taco bell, which is now our uniform until late April. I think they're pretty cool. Way more comfortable than the usual shit we wear.

img20120312031046.png

I'm a pretty cool guy (doesn't afraid of anything), but I'll never be promotional Taco Bell shirt cool.

I hope you didn't forget to wash Han Solo before returnin' to work.

You could send it to me! Might taco while to get here though...

sweet jacket bro

So we got these promotional shirts at taco bell, which is now our uniform until late April. I think they're pretty cool. Way more comfortable than the usual shit we wear.

Have you lost weight recently? You're looking svelte

You could send it to me! Might taco while to get here though...
Lets taco bout it

Have you lost weight recently? You're looking svelte
I mean, I don't weigh myself, but friends and family are constantly telling me how much weight i've lost so, yes, I guess. Since last summer, i've only been drinking water and eating light. I guess it worked out.

By eating light you mean Asian candy every day.
I haven't ordered more candy since the shipping is insane, but yeah. One or two small meals a day will do it. :v

I'm ****ing jonesing for some more of those koala chocolate biscuit/cracker/cookies things btw.

Are those the little cream-filled cookies that come in a hexagonal box and look vaguely like they're branded with Hello Kitty? Because those are god-damned awesome.

Also I like the shirt. It's very 90's :V

Tracked down some of those cookies in my supermarket's international section recently. They are indeed scrumptious.

mail me some plz. Damnit the North Island gets all the best stuff.

I thought you all fit in one big house or something, can't he just throw a pack to you?

Oh yes, just go ahead and work with all your computer components directly on the carpet during a dry ass ****ing winter. NO PROBLEMS FORESEEABLE.

Yeah it doesn't look like any of them are on the direct carpet to me. As long as you got them on top of some of that anti-static plastic some come in, shit should be fine wherever you put it.

You must be new, too.

Viper's guide to how to not blow up computer:

1. Go to http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16899888207
2. Look at price.
3. Laugh.
4. Get your new computer parts.
5. Slide feet across as many carpetted surfaces as you possibly can.
5. Find something huge and metallic, like, say, your new computer case.
6. Touch it.
7. Feel Edison's wrath.
8. You are now free of static unless you're dumb enough to build up a charge again. Feel free to throw your parts all over the floor like horseshoes.
9. If you think you've built up a charge, keep using your case as a touchstone. The more love you show it, the faster your new rig will run.

Oh I see, so only you can hurt your components, not carpets or anything.

Well yeah I am pretty new, I've only built one PC, and I was really overly careful.

It's a bit more complicated than that, but basically the industry got obsessed with selling wristbands and other useless shit, so to keep that market going they've created this culture of fear around static discharges. Yes, if you live in like Arizona or Colorado there's a greater chance of shocking your components, but if you have any sense you won't. Hell, I remember Virus posting a year ago about how how he was paranoid about getting fingerprints on his CPU's pins. Trust me, if they were that sensitive, they wouldn't be selling them to consumers.

Computer parts can be abused pretty hard. Have you ever tried to break a motherboard's PCB? Last time I tried I ended up cutting myself because of the force that was required. Maybe it's just the climate I live in or the people I've talked to, but I've never heard about or seen a system die to anything other than overheating, current surges, or decaying capaciters/FETs.

Probably one out of every five "No Display" issues we get in at the repair shop I work at is related to static. This winter has been especially dry, and even in our shop we have to touch our power strips (which are metal and grounded) to discharge ourselves after walking maybe 10 steps, because just walking that much on a wood floor surface in normal clothes built up enough static to **** up the ram and make a computer not display after we touch it. And many cases are coated and no longer bare metal, and so often doesn't transfer electric charges. It doesn't cause permanent damage (usually) and is easy to fix if it does anything (usually) but regardless, its a dumb idea to assemble your brand new pc on a carpet while kneeling on it.

Back