PLUSH HEADCRABS for sale.

Sui

Tank
Reaction score
Is your mother, father or significant other getting on your tits? Is your pet constantly bugging you to be fed or petted? Or do your friends keep ringing to remind you of your social life while you're playing World of Warcraft? Fear not, for Valve - pioneers in all things great - have invented the perfect solution to all your organic worries. The Plush Headcrab. Now you can transform almost any pesky organism into a mindless zombie! [br] [br] Believe it or not, this isn't a joke. You can buy these plush headcrabs at the Valve store for only $24.95 (that’s approximately 13 British Pounds). They even have poseable legs, so you can latch them onto things![br]

newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif
[br]You can read more in this weeks Steam News, which also makes mention of other Valve products for sale, and comments on Sin Episodes: Emergence going gold. [br] [br] UPDATE: For all you people who don't live in the US of A, the plush headcrab might leave a gaping hole in your wallet. International shipping costs $27 - more than the 'crab itself. Upon ordering my headcrab and Dog poster, the total price skyrocketed to $61. Ye hath been warned.

The system works. I never thought pettitions actually work, but wow.

Wow.

:eek:

I ordered one earlier :D

And fix that £ sign :p

Oh, was this an online petition? Well, if so, it's pretty obvious to see why Valve did it. If the petition got, say, 1,00 signatures - that's 1,000 people who wouldbe interested in buying a plush headcrab. 1,000 times 25 dollars is 25,000 dollars... and, well, you get the picture :p

dekstar said:
I ordered one earlier :D

And fix that £ sign :p

Argh, I can't, every time I edit it, it keeps popping back as a question mark. Damn news code.

Suicide42 said:
Argh, I can't, every time I edit it, it keeps popping back as a question mark. Damn news code.

try & pound; (remove the space between the & and the p) ? or is it picky on html entities too? :p

I can't wait until mine comes!

61 dollars ;(

But it'll be worth it :D

Oh man going to order some stuff myself.

lol I can't wait 1-2 weeks! :cheese: I will post pics of the headcrab when I get it. And btw you people who live outside the USA, you got owned! I still wonder why the S&H costs alot still though. $1.50 is regular but $2 something, thats a bit absurd.

Get a Half-Life 2:Aftermath mousemat. They might be worth somthing one day as Aftermath is no more...

Dog vs Strider = orgasmic. Hopefully the poster is a referance to a point in Aftermath.

Seeing this, I couldn't help but think... Half-Life 2 is nearly TWO YEARS old now... headcrabs are nearly EIGHT YEARS old... I don't have a specific point to make but I thought they were interesting observations...

russ_uk said:
is it just me or are they the wrong colour ?
I noticed that too when I first saw it. The first headcrab picture is almost all brown while the other 3 headcrab pictures have a more light brown woodsy like brown to them. Maybe the first one was a concept picture? And btw if your entire purchase is $50 or more S&H is free. It may be cheaper to but 2 items than 1. ;)

hool10300 said:
I noticed that too when I first saw it. The first headcrab picture is almost all brown while the other 3 headcrab pictures have a more light brown woodsy like brown to them. Maybe the first one was a concept picture? And btw if your entire purchase is $50 or more S&H is free. It may be cheaper to but 2 items than 1. ;)

S&H isn't free... only delivery within the US. In other words, you'll save about $5.

Suicide42 said:
S&H isn't free... only delivery within the US. In other words, you'll save about $5.
Ah yes, you are correct.

Damn...thats cool. But 25 bucks? That costs more than aftermath the game.

I just want to be able to pre-order HL2:Episode 1..BAH! The headcrab is nice though, I shall be getting one sometime later though :p

arent we a bit old for toys? next thing you know we will be playing games.

I may get one, i mean posable? i can strap it to my crotch all day, maybe the head crab will counteract the pubic crabs, what yall think?

It's more of something to put on your desk and play with when you are waiting for something.

CookieCuttah said:
It's more of something to put on your desk and play with when you are waiting for something.

Waiting for loading times!

OMGOMGOMG!!! :bounce:
this is like every HL2 geek's wet dream come true :E
i will definitely be getting a couple of things from the Valve online store :)

CookieCuttah said:
I can play with myself while I'm waiting, if necessary. I mean $61, that's just ridiculous. This is pure merchandising, the price reflects in no way the cost of labour and materials with a reasonable profit margin.

russ_uk said:
is it just me or are they the wrong colour?
hool10300 said:
Most likely they were made in some small Chinese village factory by people who have never seen or heard of a headcrab, let alone Half-Life.

If anyone wants a cheaper version of this where they can choose their own custom colour scheme, and something to occupy their time while they're waiting for loading screens to finish, you can make it for yourself. For free patterns of headcrabs, snarks, houndeyes and more, click this link*

* brainwork, effort and materials not included

Other toys

U Know what will be very cool and worth it? a combine soldier toy!
halflife2 is like the starwars in videogames so They can do a good merchandise on halflife with cool characters from the game or strider, ship and all those stuff. im sure lots of people will enjoy this. i know i will.

I'd buy a variety of posable Combine and Resistance posable figures for my desk if they were (A) the quality of the Star Wars ones I played with as a kid and (B) didn't cost me twice as much to ship to the UK.

:eek:

I was going to post this, damn you!
/me shakes fist

I think this is a test to see if this would really sell. If this headcrab really sells then they may continue making other things.

i like the headcrab and the dog/strider poster.

extra shipping costs to europe are extra nuts, so this stopped me from ordering those items. where does it actually say this? i looked under "ordering & payment", but couldn't see anything.

well.. you could ask a us citizen to order it for you, and send it to you. :)

Back