Portal - related to Half-life?

I am thinking that maybe it's something to do with G-Man. It makes alot of sense and explains how G-Man gets around so easily.

Nobody knows what Valve is doing---or planning--for the future. They are not going to employ the "MC doesn't talk" theme throughout all expansions/episodes that don't feature Gordon.
Made me laugh.

Remember Opposing Force

If I remember well, in Opposing Force, there was already a prototype of portable teleportation device (not exactly the same, of course). It was used to go to special "reload" areas (Xen) to get some bonus heal or ammo. A lot of exotic weapons were designed in Black Mesa (there was the Tau-Gauss canon, the Gluon one,...in HL1), but I suppose the reason we don't get them in HL2 is that there were nuked with Black Mesa in Op4.

Made me laugh.

So, did you regard my statement as misinformed or asinine? I'm not sure why it made you laugh. I simply meant we don't know what Valve is doing beyond the episodic trilogy, Portal, and TF2. Nobody new the last two were going to pop up, and yet they did. My previous point on Alyx has been debunked by LaidLaw's email.

What if this corporation is the organization G-Man works for?

ZOMG ADRIAN SHEPHARD THEORY WARNING. at the end of OP4 you get the message "waiting further evaluation" what if this is the big test Shephard has to go through? When Shephard gets captured by G-Man, he has all of his weapons presumably confiscated, that includes his teleportation device. What if the weapon is a derivative made by G-Man's employers? And we've never actually seen Shephard before so it MIGHT be him. And don't tell me how Valve would never do a story based on Shephard, because we just recieved TF2 who release seemed just as unlikely.

Another theory is that he is a captured rebel who was given the choice to ether be a test subject or become a stalker. What if Portal is the "episode 4" we keep hearing about?

And no, I haven't read all the thread replies yet.

NICE THEORY!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

So, did you regard my statement as misinformed or asinine? I'm not sure why it made you laugh. I simply meant we don't know what Valve is doing beyond the episodic trilogy, Portal, and TF2. Nobody new the last two were going to pop up, and yet they did. My previous point on Alyx has been debunked by LaidLaw's email.
I laughed because you said no one knows what Valve is going to do and then started asserting what they will do :p

It isn't episode 4 - which will be developed outside of Valve and released after episode 3.

What if this corporation is the organization G-Man works for?

ZOMG ADRIAN SHEPHARD THEORY WARNING. at the end of OP4 you get the message "waiting further evaluation" what if this is the big test Shephard has to go through? When Shephard gets captured by G-Man, he has all of his weapons presumably confiscated, that includes his teleportation device. What if the weapon is a derivative made by G-Man's employers? And we've never actually seen Shephard before so it MIGHT be him. And don't tell me how Valve would never do a story based on Shephard, because we just recieved TF2 who release seemed just as unlikely.

Another theory is that he is a captured rebel who was given the choice to ether be a test subject or become a stalker. What if Portal is the "episode 4" we keep hearing about?

And no, I haven't read all the thread replies yet.

The teleport device originally used by Shephard is a plot hole in itself. The Lambda portal took minutes to charge up, with all the sophiscated equipment. Yet a lone scrap of metal can teleport Shephard within SECONDS to Xen. Even though it was randomized does not excuse it. Of course, it was an "experimental" weapon, ahead of it's time. It still seems odd to me.

The teleport device originally used by Shephard is a plot hole in itself. The Lambda portal took minutes to charge up, with all the sophiscated equipment. Yet a lone scrap of metal can teleport Shephard within SECONDS to Xen. Even though it was randomized does not excuse it. Of course, it was an "experimental" weapon, ahead of it's time. It still seems odd to me.

Well, to be fair it does open randomly, however, I agree...it should never have existed...Adrian should never have existed.:p

too bad he did
1296.jpg

OH IT FEELS SO GOOD

Jimmyjam, how come your Pit Drones look so nice and beautiful, yet mine look so ugly and crude?

Well, to be fair it does open randomly, however, I agree...it should never have existed...Adrian should never have existed.:p

I already said it opens randomly. And I wouldn't go that far about Adrian should never have existed. Just...who cares, really?

It isn't episode 4 - which will be developed outside of Valve and released after episode 3.

Developed outside of Valve? I know I remember them saying that Ep 3 would end the story arc, but never that somebody else would make Ep 4. Where did you hear that?

Developed outside of Valve? I know I remember them saying that Ep 3 would end the story arc, but never that somebody else would make Ep 4. Where did you hear that?
They anounced a while ago. It may also not be an FPS IIRC.

Back